COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

benderca wrote: March 7th, 2019, 12:47 pm
NemoR wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:38 pm Hey TJ!

Here is the Old Man for PL: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adollar_oldman_pinski.mp3

3:45

I see you punked out on me as the Old Woman .... I thought we were going to play opposite each other! :cry:
Oh, soooo sorry, Nemo. We would have made a great old couple. Rain check on that? I promise you the next dance. (As stage director, I will still be right next to you, commentating your every move... :D ).

Thanks for your file - can't wait to give it a listen.
Great Old Man, Nemo! I especially like your singing... and I'm going to leave "p-o-o-h, pooh!" exactly as you recorded it. Very effective. :lol:
At 0:30 you say "dilapitated" instead of "dilapidated," but since the word doesn't exist with a "t" as far as I know, then it's not confusing, so I think we can chalk it off to dialect. So the Old Man is PL OK!

Nice job and thanks!
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Valere, Spriggins, and The Sacristan uploaded for PL.

Thanks, Todd
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

ToddHW wrote: April 7th, 2019, 1:46 pm Valere, Spriggins, and The Sacristan uploaded for PL.

Thanks, Todd
The Sacristan is PL OK! Thanks Todd!
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Hi, i'm going to have to pull out. I've gotten a really bad flu, and I just don't have any energy
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: April 7th, 2019, 1:46 pmValere, Spriggins, and The Sacristan uploaded for PL.
Valere is PL ok. Nice to hear you again in the pining lover role of a Molière play, Todd. :thumbs:

I guess Spriggins will be PLed by Campbell, if I remember correctly.

@Chuck: thanks for the PLing of the Sacristan, will update MW.
@Larry: thanks for the tweaks on Figgins, he's ready for Spt PL for Campbell then
@Kristin: sorry to hear about your flu. :( not nice at this time of the year. Hope you get better soon. I'll unassign you for the time being then. Thank you for notifying us. Jovial Young Man, Stage Directions, Old Woman and Angel are up for grabs again...

Will update MW now, let me know if I missed anything.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Kitty wrote: April 8th, 2019, 8:04 am I guess Spriggins will be PLed by Campbell, if I remember correctly.
You did, although I did not read thoroughly and did not realize Spriggins was from Everybody's Husband :lol:. Also didn't notice that Larry had uploaded a new version :shock:. So lesson learned, and I will PL tonight! Thanks for mentioning that :D.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 8th, 2019, 8:10 amYou did, although I did not read thoroughly and did not realize Spriggins was from Everybody's Husband :lol:. Also didn't notice that Larry had uploaded a new version :shock:.
:lol: that's ok, sometimes in the one-act-collections there's a lot of to and fro, so it's easy to miss a spot ;) But I think the MW is now up-to-date.

Have fun with Spriggins and Figgins :lol: (gets me every time)

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I can take Jovial Young Man and Stage Directions. Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kristingj wrote: April 8th, 2019, 1:39 am Hi, i'm going to have to pull out. I've gotten a really bad flu, and I just don't have any energy
Thanks for letting us know. I hope you‘re feeling better soon.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: April 8th, 2019, 8:53 amI can take Jovial Young Man and Stage Directions. Thank you!
thank you, Josh ! They're yours.

Sonia
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Here is The Villain - from A Dollar. A very fun part to play. Another one that it'll be fun to hear all put together.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/adollar_thevillain_pinski.mp3

Aaron
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: April 8th, 2019, 12:21 pm Here is The Villain - from A Dollar. A very fun part to play. Another one that it'll be fun to hear all put together.
thank you Aaron, it's in the MW ready for PL for TJ !

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

silverquill wrote: April 3rd, 2019, 9:22 pm OK, here are the tweaks for Figgins:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_figgins_ryan.mp3
Nice work, perfectly PL OK! Sorry I didn't notice this earlier. I'm used to just checking my reader section to figure out what needs PLing, forgot that this here takes a bit more work :oops:
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

ToddHW wrote: April 7th, 2019, 1:46 pm Valere, Spriggins, and The Sacristan uploaded for PL.

Thanks, Todd
Ok, now that I know that Spriggins is in Everybody's Husband, I PLed it :lol:. Very nice reading! I can't wait to hear this all together :D.

Just one quick thing:
2:12 – heard an extra ‘his wife’, I couldn't really tell where that came from, it seemed out of nowhere :hmm:. That being said, maybe it's a tricky line I can't find. There was another one earlier on... anyways, maybe just take a look and see what you think :D.

While you're taking a look, if you so felt inclined you may desire to pull the volume down a bit. It is just the slightest bit high now, and changing it may save Devorah a few minutes :D. Of course this is not necessary as you very well know :).
Campbell
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 8th, 2019, 3:29 pm

Thanks, Todd
Ok, now that I know that Spriggins is in Everybody's Husband, I PLed it :lol:. Very nice reading! I can't wait to hear this all together :D.

Just one quick thing:
2:12 – heard an extra ‘his wife’, I couldn't really tell where that came from, it seemed out of nowhere :hmm:. That being said, maybe it's a tricky line I can't find. There was another one earlier on... anyways, maybe just take a look and see what you think :D.

While you're taking a look, if you so felt inclined you may desire to pull the volume down a bit. It is just the slightest bit high now, and changing it may save Devorah a few minutes :D. Of course this is not necessary as you very well know :).
Thanks, Campbell. Yes, I think you're right, and that the "his wife" at 2:12 seems to be superfluous. No need to fiddle with the volume, though. You never know how the editor will need to change the volume, either up or down, and I'd prefer to do all of that fiddling myself.