COMPLETE[PLAY]The Magnificent Lovers by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. And I agree that in Act 2 you appear but only as the strong silent type.

Todd
rhore3

Post by rhore3 »

Hi, I'm new and waiting for my test to come through but can I take the Sea God once that is all sorted?
Regards, Rachel
rhore3

Post by rhore3 »

Sorry, that would be sections 7 and 8:)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Welcome.

The two sea gods are different characters. So I gave you the first one. (And then rearranged the MW to confuse you! - actually to keep the assigned and open sections separated.)

Thanks, Todd
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Can I have Aeolus?
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: April 4th, 2019, 11:48 pmHere's 3 Acts worth of Timocles.

So, it appears he actually has no lines in Act 2...he IS onstage during a scene but doesn't say anything. Can you check that out? If I missed something I can record it right away!
yes it doesn't look like he's got a speaking part in Act 2. Just try to blend in :mrgreen:

and I love the characterization you gave him. He is doing his best to woo the princess, but unfortunately also takes recourse to unlawful methods. Still, he sounds like a likeable character, so that people may also root for him. And in the end he takes his defeat with grandeur, I think.

All three acts PL ok. Wonderful job, Josh :clap: thanks for taking part here and I hope I hear you in the next Molière.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: April 6th, 2019, 4:47 pmHere comes Sostratus, the pining soldier who is too modest and self-effacing to make his love known.
indeed :lol: how can anybody be pining with love so much all throughout the play ? he should open his mouth and confess his love. Excellently played out, Tomas. You play the melancholy secret lover quite convincingly. ;)

No errors or missing lines found, so PL ok.

Thanks !

Sonia
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

UPDATE: I have my Eriphyles recorded and it will be turned in within a week.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

oh wow, excellent job, storygirl :9: You play Eriphyle with so much sensibility and softness and genuinely in love with Sostratus, but torn because of her duty. Especially the scene in Act 4 is brilliantly played out. And I also enjoyed the exasperation in Act 5 :lol: that was more a comic scene for Eriphyle.

Everything PL ok, nothing missing.

Ah only one thing though. Could you reupload the first Act please, and correct the voice credit:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, please always say the entire description that you can read in the MW: "Eriphyle, a princess, daughter to Aristione, read by thestorygirl"

thank you :)

Sonia