COMPLETE[PLAY]The Wasters by Arthur Adams - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, here's already the stage directions for Act 1. I want to give them to you right from the start, so you can start whatever you do to prep the masterfile ;)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_narrator_1_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:46 min.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

And Act 3 also ready. Act 2 is a bit longer, so I wanted to have the short ones out first.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_narrator_3_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 5:49 min.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you. I will PL these.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and Act 2 also finished. Exactly the double of these other two acts, but still a far cry from anything Pinero has in store for the narrator. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_narrator_2_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 12:02 min.

now I'll concentrate on PLing the rest of you here ;)

Sonia
Foon

Post by Foon »

Kitty wrote: April 4th, 2019, 1:35 pm
one small note for Act 2:

> at about 1:36: please insert missing line p. 25: "Till tonight, Charteris !"
Those sneaky lines, hiding behind stage directions!
Here it is with the missing line added:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_elizabeth_2_128kb.mp3
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: April 6th, 2019, 4:11 am Those sneaky lines, hiding behind stage directions!
yes they are...I'm always happy when I find them while PLing... :?

thanks, Miss Hebblesthwaite (soon Mrs Maggs) now PL ok.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

Hi Todd,
May I claim Mrs Goodsir? It’s my first time recording for a play, so I gather you “say” your parts and have pauses in between each one? I gather Mrs Goodsir only has six wee parts.
Thanks.
Best,
Ulrike
We read to know we are not alone. - C.S. Lewis
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Denisette wrote: April 7th, 2019, 2:21 amMay I claim Mrs Goodsir? It’s my first time recording for a play, so I gather you “say” your parts and have pauses in between each one? I gather Mrs Goodsir only has six wee parts.
Hallo Ulrike, schön dass du auch bei unseren Theaterstücken mitmachst :D

ok, let's do this in English here.... a while ago I compiled a sort of list of special rules for drama, so here is what you have to do:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Mrs Goodsir, read by Ulrike Denis"

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. As you said, Mrs Goodsir only appears in Act 2, so it's not necessary to read the whole play, but it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive (give your character a life) as you can in your role. ;)

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [sneezes], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

4) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [sits down]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

5) filenaming convention can be found in the first post !

That's basically it, now have fun ! I'll sign you up for Mrs Goodsir.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Guten Morgen und herzlich willkommen, Ulrike. Sonia did not warn you that drama is addictive!

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: April 6th, 2019, 10:52 am Got one of my sections recorded!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wasters_guydangar_1_128kb.mp3
:evil: this boy is absolutely not worth the money his mum spends on him. A nice spell in the local jail for some time would have done him good :lol: but you play him excellently, Campbell. He's a right sneering, do-no-good work-shirker. You manage to convey that well in your voice. :thumbs: I loved it.

And PL ok ! Thanks.

Sonia
Denisette

Post by Denisette »

Hi Todd, hi Sonia,
Thanks for the warm welcome. - I KNOW that drama is addictive!! :D :D :D In non-internet life, I do a bit of improv every now and again, and have even been in a full-length play, albeit as a corpse....
I have very little time, which is why I chose a small role and will set about it next weekend. :wink:
Best,
Ulrike
P.S.: I’d be glad if I could do away with my horrible German name but can’t as it’s the only one I’ve got.
We read to know we are not alone. - C.S. Lewis
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Denisette wrote: April 7th, 2019, 9:10 amP.S.: I’d be glad if I could do away with my horrible German name but can’t as it’s the only one I’ve got.
Ulli ist doch süss or don't you like abbreviations either ? Or you could anglicise it into Ricky if you wish :D anything is possible.

Sonia