COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

silverquill wrote: March 29th, 2019, 10:42 am Here is Figgins for Everybody's Husband:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_figgins_ryan.mp3 4:05
Hey there, I'm here to PL for Devorah :D. Anyways, nice reading! I'm excited to hear how this comes together, everybody has such wonderful personality! Anyways, I have just a few notes:

The first line you included ("I hear my guardian...") is actually Miss Thompson’s, so there is no need to include it here :D

1:32 – Heard ‘Alex’, text says ‘Alexis’, mentioning it because it is a character’s name

End – missing ‘All’ line (“All, all!”)

Also I have a few questions for Devorah. Both of them have to do with little space for stage directions when they were provided vocally:
0:35 – [forced laugh] stage direction, included as vocal sound effect with no pause to insert stage directions

3:57 – around 1 second of silence for the [loudly] stage direction

Are either of these things you would like changed? Or would you like to keep the wonderful vocal effects provided by Larry?

Overall, great reading Larry! I am enjoying listening so much :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Campbell and Larry.

To your two questions:

1) I love it when readers include laughs and things mentioned by stage directions! I almost always use those effects, sometimes with stage directions as well, sometimes without. I'll play it by ear when I get to it.

2) I do prefer much more than 1 second, at least 3, but again, I will figure it out when I get there. As long as there's not no pause at all, I can work with it. I won't ask Larry to upload again just for the sake of this. But thank you for the note so that I'll know to watch out for it!

So Figgins can be marked PL ok! :clap:
lymiewithpurpose

mightyfelix wrote: March 29th, 2019, 12:03 pm Thanks, Campbell and Larry.

To your two questions:

1) I love it when readers include laughs and things mentioned by stage directions! I almost always use those effects, sometimes with stage directions as well, sometimes without. I'll play it by ear when I get to it.

2) I do prefer much more than 1 second, at least 3, but again, I will figure it out when I get there. As long as there's not no pause at all, I can work with it. I won't ask Larry to upload again just for the sake of this. But thank you for the note so that I'll know to watch out for it!

So Figgins can be marked PL ok! :clap:
Thanks for answering the questions! I did have three additional notes above those questions though, so I'm afraid it can't be marked ok yet. But we're almost there :D!
Campbell
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh yeah! :lol: :roll: I read those, then immediately forgot them in answering your questions. :lol: Thanks for keeping me on track.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

stepping in for Todd (how has temporary computer problems) to update MW. Thank you all ! If I missed something, please holler

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
aaronwhite1977

Post by aaronwhite1977 »

Kitty wrote: March 30th, 2019, 2:51 am stepping in for Todd (how has temporary computer problems) to update MW. Thank you all ! If I missed something, please holler

Sonia
Hey Kitty,
I offered to take the part of Villain in A Dollar a number of lines back.

Thanks
benderca

Post by benderca »

aaronwhite1977 wrote: March 29th, 2019, 4:52 am
ChuckW wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:26 pm I hate to do this, but I might have to relinquish the Villain. I just started a new job this week and am a little swamped while I transition from one workplace to another -- and I unfortunately have to scale back some of the projects I can take on right now. I apologize for the inconvenience.
I'd be happy to pick up the part of the Villain!
It's no problem, Chuck, Aaron has offered to jump in. But since you said "might have to relinquish," I'd just like to clarify that if you need more time, that's no problem. But if your "might" turns into "want to" or "have to," then thanks Aaron, the part is yours!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

benderca wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:47 amIt's no problem, Chuck, Aaron has offered to jump in. But since you said "might have to relinquish," I'd just like to clarify that if you need more time, that's no problem. But if your "might" turns into "want to" or "have to," then thanks Aaron, the part is yours!
ok I understood it as if this was him relinquishing it, otherwise he would not have posted anything that early on. :hmm:

I'll PM Chuck to clarify this, and will put Aaron in as soon as I get a go ahead.

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

Kitty wrote: March 30th, 2019, 7:32 am
benderca wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:47 amIt's no problem, Chuck, Aaron has offered to jump in. But since you said "might have to relinquish," I'd just like to clarify that if you need more time, that's no problem. But if your "might" turns into "want to" or "have to," then thanks Aaron, the part is yours!
ok I understood it as if this was him relinquishing it, otherwise he would not have posted anything that early on. :hmm:

I'll PM Chuck to clarify this, and will put Aaron in as soon as I get a go ahead.

:thumbs:
You’re probably right. (I’m just a stickler for semantics :lol: ).
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

benderca wrote: March 30th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Kitty wrote: March 30th, 2019, 7:32 am

:thumbs:
You’re probably right. (I’m just a stickler for semantics :lol: ).
Haha! Yes, it's probably for the best I let go of the role -- I have very limited time to record right now and will have to pool all of my energies to finishing my solo project right now. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think I realized how busy I'd be when I accepted this job.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ChuckW wrote: March 30th, 2019, 3:56 pmHaha! Yes, it's probably for the best I let go of the role -- I have very limited time to record right now and will have to pool all of my energies to finishing my solo project right now. Sorry to disappoint, but I don't think I realized how busy I'd be when I accepted this job.
all right, thanks for the clarification. I'll assign the role officially to Aaron then.

Aaron: go ahead and thanks !

TJ and Larry: did you notice there are some parts ready for PL already in your plays ?

Sonia
benderca

Post by benderca »

@ Chuck: Thanks, and good luck with your new job.

@Aaron: Thanks, and welcome aboard!

@ Sonia: Thanks, and I‘ll get to it soon. :D 💐
lymiewithpurpose

Hey there, I just wanted to mention that I had marked Mr. Alexis Twisselton from Everybody's Husband as OK after spot PL, so it can be marked so in the MW :D. It was hidden in a paragraph of writing, so it was hard to see it, but it is OK!
Campbell
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 31st, 2019, 7:02 am Hey there, I just wanted to mention that I had marked Mr. Alexis Twisselton from Everybody's Husband as OK after spot PL, so it can be marked so in the MW :D. It was hidden in a paragraph of writing, so it was hard to see it, but it is OK!
thanks for reminding me. I'll change it.

Sonia
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry