COMPLETE[PLAY]Every Man Out of His Humour by Jonson - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 27th, 2019, 7:14 pmAnd here's the first of Puntarvolo's acts! The others are being edited right now but I wanted to go ahead and get this first one in.
excellent job on acts 1 and 2 as well, Josh. :9: I especially love the scene where he speaks to the lady Puntarvolo. And considering some sentences where really difficult to get the meaning for, this was really brilliant and I actually understood it much better while listening to your expressiveness. :thumbs: So yes: well done.

Act 3 is already PL ok.

For Act 2 I have a few notes:

> at 0:04-0:34: the whole description can be cut out because the narrator is reading this, sorry about that :(

> at 1:22: before “Pardon me”, please leave at least 2 seconds pause between quotes. I notice in the beginning your breaks were smaller but in the end you left enough room for our editor to fiddle with. Only this part is really very short

> at 1:34: "are required these three specials" - you say “by these 3 specials”, which contorts the meaning a bit here

thanks !

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: March 28th, 2019, 3:23 amHere's the drawer ... drawing...
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_drawer_5_128kb.mp3
well drawn, Ava :mrgreen: the lines that are in are all excellently delivered (and thanks for the quick turn-around), but I'll put it into PL notes to ask the opinion of Todd first on one line:

Todd: I found a line here for "Within": (someone calling) "George" from inside the pub, I guess. We don't have this line assigned yet if I'm not mistaken. I was wondering if the Drawer maybe went inside and was calling after George to follow him, since this line comes immediately after the Drawer's final speech. :hmm: What do you think ?

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'll have to check. If worse comes to worse, as it often does, I will read it.

Thanks, Todd
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Thanks for your hard work and your great feedback Sonia! Everytime I said his name it just came out a certain way and I figured that was his voice and went with it, I certainly didn't WANT to try to roll all those r's :lol:

Here's Act 2, for Spot PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_puntarvolo_2_128kb.mp3

Corrections at:
:07
:52
1:06

And here's Act 4 and 5!
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_puntarvolo_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_puntarvolo_5_128kb.mp3

I appreciate the patience in waiting for the files...Thank you!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 28th, 2019, 3:03 pmThanks for your hard work and your great feedback Sonia! Everytime I said his name it just came out a certain way and I figured that was his voice and went with it, I certainly didn't WANT to try to roll all those r's :lol:
nah, it's an excellent choice and I like the accent :lol: Now in these acts you seem to be obsessed with your dog and cat :mrgreen: I love the scene with the notary where you give all your orders. :thumbs: Totally well done on the whole and all PL ok now.

Thanks for taking part ! Hoping to hear you in the next Jonson as well.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: March 28th, 2019, 9:24 amI'll have to check. If worse comes to worse, as it often does, I will read it.
so I'll mark the Drawer PL ok then.

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hello, I’m new here! Could I have the part of the third rustic (act 3) please?

I’d like to be identified in the catalogue as Elsie Selwyn.

Elsie :)
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: March 30th, 2019, 8:35 amHello, I’m new here! Could I have the part of the third rustic (act 3) please?
I’d like to be identified in the catalogue as Elsie Selwyn.
Elsie :)
hello Elsie and a warm welcome to LibriVox and the drama forum in special. I'm happy to have you with us, always great to have new voices in our plays.

I just checked your one-minute-test and all the tech-specs are ok. I will post an official word in it soon after this post. You're good to go.

Now for Drama we have a few special rules, which don't apply to the other projects on here, so here goes:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Third Rustic, read by Elsie Selwyn"

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. Since you only appear in this one scene, there is no need to read the whole play to get into character, but I would recommend checking out the lines around your own lines as well, just so you can "react" better. Just be as expressive (according to the character) as you can in your role. I don't think there is a limit for over-acting, especially not in such a comedy as this. :mrgreen:

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [smirks], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :9:

4) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [drinks]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

That's it. If you have any questions still, don't hesitate to ask. It's good that you start out with this small role (only 3 or 4 sentences if I remember correctly). It will be an easy start into recording and drama, and I hope you'll enjoy the process and are ready for bigger roles soon.

I'll create your reader page now, stay tuned...

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Update: so here is your brand new personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/13257
you can see all the projects listed where you will be an active reader. For the moment only this one, but hopefully filling up with time.

:)

Have fun being rustic. 8-)

oh and I forgot to mention before, you find the details about correct file-naming in the first post.

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Ok thanks so much! :)
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Here's third rustic for act 3 for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_thirdrustic_3_128kb.mp3

It's 32 seconds long.

Elsie
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: March 30th, 2019, 10:28 amHere's third rustic for act 3 for PL:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/outofhumour_thirdrustic_3_128kb.mp3
It's 32 seconds long.
Elsie
well, bravo :clap: that was fast and that was good ! Congratulations on your first PL ok. :thumbs: I can easily hear that the third rustic is the "good cop" in this little scene, the other ones so far have been rougher with the hanged man :lol: But it was extremely fitting for the things you had to say, so well done. This will be a nice contrast with the others, once the scene is assembled.

Great first job, Elsie. I hope you liked it and we'll hear you in plenty other plays soon. :9:

thank you

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Thank you! :)
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

I could probably suppress my natural tendency to a Cary Grant speaking style long enough to give you the 5th Rustic.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 30th, 2019, 12:10 pmI could probably suppress my natural tendency to a Cary Grant speaking style long enough to give you the 5th Rustic.
:lol: I do not mind at all casting Cary Grant as the rustic if he wants the role ! Thanks, Chris, for making this fully claimed :9:

Sonia