COMPLETE Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906 by Various - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906 by Various.

This project is complete and all audio files can be found in the catalogue: https://librivox.org/mother-earth-vol-1-no-2-april-1906-by-various/

"Mother Earth was an American anarchist journal that described itself as "A Monthly Magazine Devoted to Social Science and Literature". Founded in early 1906 and initially edited by Emma Goldman, an activist in the United States, it published articles by contemporary activists and writers in Europe as well as the US, in addition to essays by historic figures." This is Volume 1 of the series. This is the second number of the magazine.
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/27118
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
      ===========================================

Genres for the project: *Non-fiction/Political Science

Keywords that describe the book: magazine, anarchist journal

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • " [Section number] of Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        " Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906, [Section Number, Section Title ] by "Authors""

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Section]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Mother Earth, Vol. 1 No. 2, April 1906. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      motherearthvol1no2april1906_##_various_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. motherearthvol1no2april1906_01_various_128kb.mp3)
    9. Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: rapunzelina
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

This is the second magazine of Mother Earth.
For potential MC's :) :

There is a play within this magazine, which I am willing to edit and Parts PL. Potential DPL can listen to the completed file.
Also, Gender Specific claims please.

Thanks,
Bhavya
Last edited by bhavya on March 29th, 2019, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I would be glad to continue as DPL. :)
~ Larry
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

silverquill wrote: March 29th, 2019, 8:18 am I would be glad to continue as DPL. :)
Thank you Larry!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I would be glad to continue as MC! :)
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Thank you Rapenzulina!

I will fill in the MW tomorrow.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello Rapunzenlina!

I filled in the MW. I have a question: should we advertise this in the DR forum for the cast?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

May also read 1,6,16?
~ Larry
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Yes, thank you Larry!
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Hello! These are great, thanks for offering them. Can I claim 7 and 12?
Josh Kibbey
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Sure! Thank you!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

bhavya wrote: March 29th, 2019, 9:47 pm Hello Rapunzenlina!

I filled in the MW. I have a question: should we advertise this in the DR forum for the cast?
Would you like to use your signature as a place to advertise the parts?
Other than that, we could use the "orphaned parts" post, but later in the progression of the project, if they are still open.
Did you have something else in mind?
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

I'll use my signature to advertise. I hadn't thought of that!
Thank you!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Hi Bhavya, may I read the stage directions in the play?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Foon wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:04 am Hi Bhavya, may I read the stage directions in the play?
Thank you Foon!