rate of recording?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
niobium

Post by niobium »

looking through my own record, I produce approximately 2 books a year. The actual recording takes about a month or two since I read only 10 pages a day, but tend to edit the recording at a slow rate at 20 - 40 minutes a week at most. Unless someone takes up other volumes in the works of James Frazer and Lewis Terman, I will be kept busy for the next 10 years. How long does it usually take for collaborative recordings to get complete? I would have assumed the Greek and Roman classics section would be swarming with volunteer readers
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I think the answer to how long a project takes to be completed is like how long is a piece of string.
If you wanted to work it out for a particular type of project you could look for 1 in the completed projects forum, check the date of the first post and the date of the last post. But there just are so many variables in the equation that there will never be an answer. Henry Ford and LV operate rather differently - his workers were paid , they had fixed production hours, they did what they were told, when they were told and they didn't get a choice of product just to name a few :D

Anne