COMPLETE [SOLO] [German] Rulaman by C.D.F. Weinland - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Rulaman by Christoph David Friedrich Weinland (1829 - 1915).

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/rulaman-by-christoph-david-friedrich-weinland/
Seine Bekanntheit verdankt Naturwissenschaftler David Friedrich Weinland seinem Jugendroman 'Rulaman', der das Leben in der 'Steinzeit' und die damit verbundenen Gefahren durch Flora und Fauna beschreibt. Weinland verwendet dabei Namen und Bezeichnungen, die er anderen Sprachen entlehnte. So heißt der Stamm Rulamans Aimats. Dieser Ausdruck ist wie viele andere dem lappländischen entnommen da Weinland davon ausging die Lappen hätten die Urbevölkerung Europas gestellt und seien später durch das Eindringen der Kelten und weiteren Völkern an den Rand gedrängt worden.

Das Hörbuch entspricht der sechsten Auflage der Printausgabe von 1906 ohne Vorwörter und ohne Anhang mit den Begriffserklärungen. Meist werden die Bedeutungen aus dem Text selbst deutlich. Bei Interesse kann hier kostenlos und frei zugänglich das Buch in einer moderneren überarbeiteten Fassung nachgelesen werden und im Anhang die Begriffserklärungen eingesehen werden:
https://www.projekt-gutenberg.org/weinland/rulaman/rulaman.html ( Bernd Ungerer)
  • Text source is a printed book (only read from this text!) - the text at Gutenberg is slightly changed and just for general checking suitable: https://www.projekt-gutenberg.org/weinland/rulaman/rulaman.html
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Action & Adventure Fiction; Nature & Animal Fiction

Keywords that describe the book: German, Deutsch, jugendroman, wolf, steinzeit, schwäbische alb, grabenstetten, schillerhöhle, neandertaler, kelten, druide, säbelzahntiger, mammut

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Abschnitt [number] von Rulaman. Dies ist eine Librivox Aufnahme. Alle Librivox Aufnahmen sind lizenzfrei und in öffentlichem Besitz. Weitere Informationen und Hinweise zur Beteiligung an diesem Projekt gibt es bei: librivox PUNKT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "Rulaman, von David Friedrich Weinland. [Abschnitt - Titel]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Abschnitt # von Rulaman von David Friedrich Weinland. Diese LibriVox Aufnahme ist in der Public Domain."
    • If you wish, say:
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Titel des Abschnittes]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "Ende von Abschnitt [Nummer]"
    • If you wish, say:
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Ende von Rulaman, von David Friedrich Weinland. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename rulaman_##_weinland_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. rulaman_01_weinland_128kb.mp3)
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Artist: David Friedrich Weinland
    Title: ## - [Section title]
    Album: Rulaman

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: kikisaulite
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below

(Als ich gemerkt habe, dass ich die englische Vorlage verwendet habe, war schon alles ausgefüllt und ein Switch auf die deutsche Version hätte alles wieder gelöscht. So habe ich das wichtigste selbst eingedeutscht und hoffe nichts übersehen zu haben... ;-))
Last edited by Gavenport on August 25th, 2019, 12:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Gavenports Reader Page
Aktuelles Solo-Projekt: in Vorbereitung 'Die Ahnen - Aus einer kleinen Stadt'
DPL: -
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Beside the MC a DPL is wanted, too :-)
Gavenports Reader Page
schrm

Post by schrm »

darf ich mich als pl vorschlagen?
:-)
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Hehe sicher - willkommen :-)
Gavenports Reader Page
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Hi there!
I will set the Magic Window up for you.
Kristine :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

I do not want to spoil all the fun, but it seems that the text that you have linked to is prepared from a 1972 edition. (See Quellenangabe in the corner here: https://gutenberg.spiegel.de/buch/rulaman-2707/) If so, then it is most likely not OK as a source for a Librivox recording. I will let you know as soon as I can find out something definitely.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Kikisaulite wrote: March 24th, 2019, 11:09 am I do not want to spoil all the fun, but it seems that the text that you have linked to is prepared from a 1972 edition. (See Quellenangabe in the corner here: https://gutenberg.spiegel.de/buch/rulaman-2707/) If so, then it is most likely not OK as a source for a Librivox recording. I will let you know as soon as I can find out something definitely.
yes that is a common problem with gutenberg.spiegel.de.

@bernd do you have a pd version?

pd versions with print year are available to buy on ebay, what i saw
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Damn! I buyed a edition from 1906 on ebay. Would this be okay then for librivox? The earliest version online I could find was from 1972 (gutenberg.spiegel.de).
Gavenports Reader Page
schrm

Post by schrm »

Gavenport wrote: March 24th, 2019, 11:52 am Damn! I buyed a edition from 1906 on ebay. Would this be okay then for librivox? The earliest version online I could find was from 1972 (gutenberg.spiegel.de).
wenn die erste seite das printjahr anzeigt und du ein foto/scan von dieser ersten seite hochladest geht das!
ich brauche fürs pl ja keine lesevorlage, es ist nur wichtig, dass du von diesem buch dann liest!

viewtopic.php?p=1475015#p1475015
Post by Carolin » 08 Jun 2018, 09:18

Manche unserer leser nehmen bucher auf, die sie als hardcopy haben. Das ist kein problem. Wir bitten unsere leser dann nur, ein foto von der seite zu machen, auf der die urheberrechtliche infos stehen, vor allem das jahr der ausgabe. Der dpl braucht nicht unbedingt mitlesen, daher ist die eine seite genug 
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Okay - bis zum Ende der Woche sollte das Buch da sein. Kann ich meine Fraktur-Kenntnisse wieder etwas auffrischen...
Gavenports Reader Page
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

You both sorted out things very well!! :thumbs: Please let me know when you get the book and I'll set all up. We'll leave this thread just to lie here in the meantime.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Kikisaulite wrote: March 25th, 2019, 12:28 am You both sorted out things very well!! :thumbs: Please let me know when you get the book and I'll set all up. We'll leave this thread just to lie here in the meantime.
thank you Kristine!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

Thank you!
Gavenports Reader Page
Gavenport

Post by Gavenport »

I bought the book last sunday on ebay but I doesn't got it until now. I asked the seller about it but if I'll get no answer I double the price and buy it from a commercial seller. It's the same book published in 1906 but in better condition. I'll keep you informed :-)
Gavenports Reader Page
schrm

Post by schrm »

Gavenport wrote: March 29th, 2019, 9:22 am I bought the book last sunday on ebay but I doesn't got it until now. I asked the seller about it but if I'll get no answer I double the price and buy it from a commercial seller. It's the same book published in 1906 but in better condition. I'll keep you informed :-)
oh..
that is bad luck, im sorry to hear that.
once, i bought a book after e-mailing the seller (i didnt know the platform, but the username lead me to the shop homepage).
(antiquariate sind meiner meinung nach sehr gute verkäufer, das buch war sogar in seidenpapier eingeschlagen.)
hoffe, es kommt noch..
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275