COMPLETE[Classics] Feminism in Greek Literature - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! New link added to MW for checking!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

lauriannedramatix wrote: March 28th, 2019, 5:27 pm Hi !

Sorry for the wait I really didnt have any time because of last minute travels. So here's the link :https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismgreekliterature_13_wright_128kb.mp3

I didnt find the word missing, so I didnt really know what to do. Let me know if its all right

Thanks!
Hi Laurianne, are you sure this is the corrected file? I've had a quick listen and I can't hear any changes. Remember you need to re-export the file after making your edits, and then upload the new version. A quick check is if you give us the new duration of the new file in minutes and seconds - usually after editing the file length will be different. For example, if you put in your reader voice credit that will make the file longer by just a bit.

The PL note "word missing" usually means that your audio file is missing a word which appears in the written text, so you need to re-record either that word or the whole sentence and insert it. I usually re-record the whole sentence and cut and paste it into the correct spot in the original file as I find this easier than trying to edit in a single word.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Elizabby wrote: March 28th, 2019, 11:37 pm
lauriannedramatix wrote: March 28th, 2019, 5:27 pm Hi !

Sorry for the wait I really didnt have any time because of last minute travels. So here's the link :https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismgreekliterature_13_wright_128kb.mp3

I didnt find the word missing, so I didnt really know what to do. Let me know if its all right

Thanks!
Hi Laurianne, are you sure this is the corrected file? I've had a quick listen and I can't hear any changes. Remember you need to re-export the file after making your edits, and then upload the new version. A quick check is if you give us the new duration of the new file in minutes and seconds - usually after editing the file length will be different. For example, if you put in your reader voice credit that will make the file longer by just a bit.

The PL note "word missing" usually means that your audio file is missing a word which appears in the written text, so you need to re-record either that word or the whole sentence and insert it. I usually re-record the whole sentence and cut and paste it into the correct spot in the original file as I find this easier than trying to edit in a single word.
Hello there!

What Elizabby said! What it is is that the text reads:

"which perhaps gives the ultimate reason for Aristotle's error: "In all genera in which the distinction (...)"

But in the recording, you read:

"which perhaps gives the ultimate reason for Aristotle's: "In all genera in which the distinction (...)"
Leni
=================
lauriannedramatix

Post by lauriannedramatix »

Well, yes I re-uploaded the file...Sorry I forgot the to put in the lenght and I chose to not say my name at the start. I'm real sorry about the wait I just got back from travels and I was in the middle of moving out last week. I guess I'll do it again and be sure to correct the missing word this time. Thanks for your patience.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Just so you have it here, these are the three key changes:
Leni wrote: February 26th, 2019, 6:46 am at 21:40, a repetition "A practice which Euripides"
at 28:38, a word is hard to hear, "consequently"
at 28:55, a word is missing, "error"
Last edited by Elizabby on April 26th, 2019, 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Chapter 13 is orphaned after 2 months and no corrections and no reader response to PM.
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

I would be happy to help complete this with section 13.
“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Brilliant! Many thanks!
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Hi All,
Sorry I was a bit late to claim Section 13. Great that DJRicky V has claimed it! Thanks!
Dave
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thank you! That last chapter was a long one!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I am on it, will PL soon!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 13, PL OK! :thumbs:
Leni
=================
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Leni - that's great! We are ready for the catalogue!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Cataloging now.

Thanks, Todd