COMPLETE[Classics] Feminism in Greek Literature - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Elizabby and Leni,
Sorry for the delay but life gets in the way! Here is Section 7 for PL, please https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_07_wright_128kb.mp3 Duration37:52
Also, is section 12 orphaned? if s,o can I claim it, if nobody else wants to read it?
Thanks,
Dave
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Dave, yes please take it. Your other file is in the MW.

Thanks for all your work on this project!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

DaveWindell wrote: March 8th, 2019, 9:18 am Dear Elizabby and Leni,
Sorry for the delay but life gets in the way! Here is Section 7 for PL, please https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_07_wright_128kb.mp3 Duration37:52
Also, is section 12 orphaned? if s,o can I claim it, if nobody else wants to read it?
Thanks,
Dave
"Classical scholars however have always been a serious class" :roll: :lol:

Section 7 is PL OK.
Leni
=================
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Leni,
Thanks for doing the PL. I found that section quite difficult to do and made so many mistakes and a lot of editing! And yes, I'm sure anybody even slightly interested in the Classics is very serious! :lol:
He does say some strange things!
Dave
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Elizabby and Leni,
For PL please:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_12_wright_128kb.mp3 Duration 26:45.
It seems we are almost all done on this project, so thanks a lot for your work! I'd really like to help out on Pliny's Natural History but I'm so far behind on the paper I'm writing (on the so-called Pyramids of the Peloponnese) that after any corrections this needs, I'll have to take a break from Librivoxing until I've got at least the first draft written...but I'll be back then!
Thanks,
Dave
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Dave, for this and all your work!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

DaveWindell wrote: March 13th, 2019, 1:02 am Dear Elizabby and Leni,
For PL please:https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismingreekliterature_12_wright_128kb.mp3 Duration 26:45.
It seems we are almost all done on this project, so thanks a lot for your work! I'd really like to help out on Pliny's Natural History but I'm so far behind on the paper I'm writing (on the so-called Pyramids of the Peloponnese) that after any corrections this needs, I'll have to take a break from Librivoxing until I've got at least the first draft written...but I'll be back then!
Thanks,
Dave
I am sorry for the delay here, but section 12 is PL! Very interesting book, indeed.
Leni
=================
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Leni,
Thanks for all the PL work! Great job :D
Dave
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks everyone! This project is almost complete! Just one set of PL notes to be corrected and we are done!

By the way Leni, you have now read the whole book - is there anything you'd like to add to flesh out the summary for the catalogue?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Elizabby wrote: March 16th, 2019, 2:14 pm Thanks everyone! This project is almost complete! Just one set of PL notes to be corrected and we are done!

By the way Leni, you have now read the whole book - is there anything you'd like to add to flesh out the summary for the catalogue?
Hmmmm :hmm:

I like the part extracted from the intro. Maybe in the beginning say something like

"This study, published in 1923, examines the views regarding women's place in Ancient Greek society based especially on the writings of Homer, Euripides, Aristophanes, Plato, Socrates and Aristotle. As the author offers his opinion and judgement, that at times reflect views on women, homosexuality and other social groups and themes that might be considered controversial now, he leaves an interesting picture of the state of Classical scholarship in the early 20th century."

Something like that? Feel free to change or just throw away anything or all of it. I just thought it would be nice to give warning to potential readers that it is a quite opinionated text (in the sense that sometimes it is all his opinion, without much reason given for it) and that it has some offensive parts - nothing really that should shock anyone reading a book from 100 years ago, after all, but some people don't seem to consider that.

Thanks much for BCing this, and for the opportunity to PL it. :)
Leni
=================
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Leni and Elizabby,
I really like Leni's take on the intro! :clap: Very fair but also a "warning" let's say that it reflects views of 100 years ago.
Dave
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I'll be ready to catalog when this is ready.

Edit the changes you decide you want into the first posting summary and I'll copy (if you don't) that into the MW Project Screen so it has the latest words when cataloged.

Thanks, Todd
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Intro updated according to Leni's suggestion - I agree that very old-fashioned views sometimes need to be flagged for modern readers!

I've PM'd the last remaining reader for her corrections and I have good hopes that we can get this project into the catalogue by the end of March!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Laurianne has responded by PM and plans to make those changes by the end of March.
lauriannedramatix

Post by lauriannedramatix »

Hi !

Sorry for the wait I really didnt have any time because of last minute travels. So here's the link :https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/feminismgreekliterature_13_wright_128kb.mp3

I didnt find the word missing, so I didnt really know what to do. Let me know if its all right

Thanks!