You know you're addicted to LV when... (slight return)

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

TriciaG wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:54 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:48 pm WHAT?! :shock: I wish I had that much time to do LibriVox! Wow, how many sections would I get out?? Probably like 30 a day, plus PLing!
Nah - your voice would give out before that. Trust me. :twisted:
I know- me too! I'll be away for a week in the middle of April and I'll have to leave a DR behind...oh, man, I'll have SO much PLing to do when I get back! :shock: :lol:
In that case, I'd suggest not launching your projected DR until after you get back - unless Elijah is going to handle the onslaught in the first couple weeks of the project.

I know - hard to think about, when you're addicted. ;)
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I'd still try, though :wink: :lol:
Yes, Elijah and I have discussed that and he will watch over the thread when I'm gone. I'll leave in mid-April and only be gone for about five days (and I'll be online a little too, checking the thread since I'll be helping a new volunteer sign up/record a part.)
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:54 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:48 pm WHAT?! I wish I had that much time to do LibriVox! Wow, how many sections would I get out?? Probably like 30 a day, plus PLing!
Ha ha ha, I only get out 20 a week according to my calculations :lol:. But yes, that's the only way I can manage all the stuff that I do. But I think I may need to stop taking on PLing, I've had about 4 hours a day of PLing these past few days :shock:. Talk about going away for a week, I don't think I'd manage :lol:

Anyways, Devorah and Rachel, have fun on your trips, and try not to stress too much if that's at all possible :D
Thank you, Campbell! I won't stress too much since I'll be online a little, and I'll still have recording-fun and LibriVox-related-stuff while I'm gone :thumbs: 20 a week is still really good! I remember when I was new, I'd pump out about 3 per day...with about an hour online each day. I still have the hour, but where did all that recording time go? I think I made fewer mistakes back then, because recording/editing a three-minute section now takes like 30 minutes!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 12:13 pm
TriciaG wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:54 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:48 pm WHAT?! :shock: I wish I had that much time to do LibriVox! Wow, how many sections would I get out?? Probably like 30 a day, plus PLing!
Nah - your voice would give out before that. Trust me. :twisted:
I know- me too! I'll be away for a week in the middle of April and I'll have to leave a DR behind...oh, man, I'll have SO much PLing to do when I get back! :shock: :lol:
In that case, I'd suggest not launching your projected DR until after you get back - unless Elijah is going to handle the onslaught in the first couple weeks of the project.

I know - hard to think about, when you're addicted. ;)
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. I'd still try, though :wink: :lol:
Yes, Elijah and I have discussed that and he will watch over the thread when I'm gone. I'll leave in mid-April and only be gone for about five days (and I'll be online a little too, checking the thread since I'll be helping a new volunteer sign up/record a part.)
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:54 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:48 pm WHAT?! I wish I had that much time to do LibriVox! Wow, how many sections would I get out?? Probably like 30 a day, plus PLing!
Ha ha ha, I only get out 20 a week according to my calculations :lol:. But yes, that's the only way I can manage all the stuff that I do. But I think I may need to stop taking on PLing, I've had about 4 hours a day of PLing these past few days :shock:. Talk about going away for a week, I don't think I'd manage :lol:

Anyways, Devorah and Rachel, have fun on your trips, and try not to stress too much if that's at all possible :D
Thank you, Campbell! I won't stress too much since I'll be online a little, and I'll still have recording-fun and LibriVox-related-stuff while I'm gone :thumbs: 20 a week is still really good! I remember when I was new, I'd pump out about 3 per day...with about an hour online each day. I still have the hour, but where did all that recording time go? I think I made fewer mistakes back then, because recording/editing a three-minute section now takes like 30 minutes!
Ha ha ha! The scary thing is I used to do more! Now that I’ve got sucked into PLing though I don’t have the same amount of time. Also I’m doing longer recordings. And yes, editing is looooong!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

...when Audacity is pinned to your taskbar for easy access.

...when, no matter what you opened your computer search engine for, you automaticallly type 'librivox forum', every single time.

...when you hit New Tab, your most recent/frequently visited sites are the LV Forum at the top, your Google drive (because that's where Off-Topic stuff goes, sometimes), your Google docs (same thing), your Gmail (because you have to correspond with other volunteers from a project in Off-Topic!)and Project Gutenberg.

...when you read The Chronicles of Narnia for the millionth time, you dream about how you look forward to reading it for LibriVox, and your exact inflections of certain words, your tone in the recording, etc...
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

JayKitty76 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm ..when, no matter what you opened your computer search engine for, you automaticallly type 'librivox forum', every single time.
...when you only have to type 'f' for the site to come up :lol:.

Those are some good ones!
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm ..when, no matter what you opened your computer search engine for, you automaticallly type 'librivox forum', every single time.
...when you only have to type 'f' for the site to come up :lol:.

Those are some good ones!
Haha, thanks! Yeah, when I go to Google it 'librivox forum' comes up before I even hit a key! Or if it doesn't, all I have to type is L and then it'll be there. :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I believe search engines are designed to do that, so that your most recent website visit with the letter "f" will come up. In this case forum.librivox.org

I don't believe librivox is an addiction really... that's another discussion, but I'll play along:

You know you enjoy librivox when: The only thing on your schedule for the day is librivox.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm ...when Audacity is pinned to your taskbar for easy access.
Why have I not done this yet??? :shock:
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I have not done this because Librivox is my home page.

Hopeless, Todd
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

ej400 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 7:07 pm I believe search engines are designed to do that, so that your most recent website visit with the letter "f" will come up. In this case forum.librivox.org

Suuuure it is so... (most frequently used website is the case, I believe). Anyway, if you consider for a moment that "f" is also the first letter for facebook... then the coming up of Librivox instead of it still means something!!! 8-)

Which is my case as well :mrgreen:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: March 25th, 2019, 11:31 pm
JayKitty76 wrote: March 25th, 2019, 3:54 pm ...when Audacity is pinned to your taskbar for easy access.
It makes everything so much easier. Trust me, you should! :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 3:26 pm
Shhhh JayKitty, she doesn't need to learn our ways :lol:
lymiewithpurpose

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 5:57 pm

Just out of curiosity, what is the taskbar? Is it a windows thing? I'm on a mac :D
Campbell
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It's the thing at the bottom of your screen, that shows all your apps, it's like a shortcut.
lymiewithpurpose

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 6:32 pm It's the thing at the bottom of your screen, that shows all your apps, it's like a shortcut.
Ok I feel really stupid now. How did I not know that? I'm always on my computer! Well thanks for the explanation. And yes, I have it pinned too :)
Campbell
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 5:57 pm

:lol:
lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 26th, 2019, 6:35 pm
ej400 wrote: March 26th, 2019, 6:32 pm It's the thing at the bottom of your screen, that shows all your apps, it's like a shortcut.
Ok I feel really stupid now. How did I not know that? I'm always on my computer! Well thanks for the explanation. And yes, I have it pinned too :)
It's totally fine, I usually know everything about my computer but I don't always know the terms. So don't feel bad! When I first started LV (not saying you're new at all- just saying that this is what happened when I was a newbie) I thought I had this giant problem with the uploader, like it wasn't uploading right. It took a team of people to try to figure it out...but it turned out my eyes were just missing the change from the filename to the filelink :roll:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~