(COMPLETE) Fifty Years Ago by Walter Besant - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

SEction 00, Preface, PL OK :clap: :clap:

SEction 1 PL NOTE, It is just under the minimum volume level of 86, so if you can just amplify it by 1 it should be ok. I know that it's a nuisance, but .......

I just finished PL ing a project called A History of Our Times by Justin McCarthy , read by Pamela Nagami.

https://librivox.org/a-history-of-our-own-times-vol1-by-justin-mccarthy/

If you have time, I think it would be an interesting project for you to listen to. It covers the reign of Queen Victoria and I remember hearing about the Chartists. It's quite interesting and very well read. She's working on Volume 2 now.

I am enjoying this project very much and enjoy the illustrations as I follow along. :D

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
garybclayton

Post by garybclayton »

aniroo wrote:

SEction 1 PL NOTE, It is just under the minimum volume level of 86, so if you can just amplify it by 1 it should be ok. I know that it's a nuisance, but .......
Wow, I'm surprised. I don't relate to an 86 but I have always set my edited recording to have a peak volume level of -3.6 dB and an RMS level of -22 dB or greater. I've resubmitted it with a peak level of -3 dB and an RMS level of -21.4 dB.

Maybe craigdav1 can help with the email notification problem? I do wish I received an email every time a DPL entered a reply in the board.

Gary
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Gary,
Email notification requires that you open your User Control Panel (click on your username in the upper right corner of the page when you are logged in) and then click on Board Preferences. Next click on Edit Notification Options and check the email box for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" (I think this is the correct one). I find it easier to bookmark the "Your Posts" page within my browser as I would receive way too many emails.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

garybclayton wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 7:30 am
aniroo wrote:

Wow, I'm surprised. I don't relate to an 86 but I have always set my edited recording to have a peak volume level of -3.6 dB and an RMS level of -22 dB or greater. I've resubmitted it with a peak level of -3 dB and an RMS level of -21.4 dB.

Maybe craigdav1 can help with the email notification problem? I do wish I received an email every time a DPL entered a reply in the board.

Gary
I use a program called Checker to check volume levels, mono vs. stereo and mps. https://cgjennings.ca/checker.html

It was developed for LIbrivox and you can download it for free.

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

craigdav1 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 8:41 am Gary,
Email notification requires that you open your User Control Panel (click on your username in the upper right corner of the page when you are logged in) and then click on Board Preferences. Next click on Edit Notification Options and check the email box for "Someone replies to a topic to which you are subscribed" (I think this is the correct one). I find it easier to bookmark the "Your Posts" page within my browser as I would receive way too many emails.
Hi, I mostly DPL these days. Is there a way to get notification when something is posted in the MW? I get email notifications and mostly it's people claiming sections. :?:

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 2 PL OK

aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 2 PL OK

aniroo
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

aniroo wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 9:53 am Hi, I mostly DPL these days. Is there a way to get notification when something is posted in the MW? I get email notifications and mostly it's people claiming sections. :?:
Thanks, aniroo
I bookmarked my Reader/PL View page. As long as a file is marked "Ready for PL" it will appear here.
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11782
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

craigdav1 wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 11:09 am
aniroo wrote: March 22nd, 2019, 9:53 am Hi, I mostly DPL these days. Is there a way to get notification when something is posted in the MW? I get email notifications and mostly it's people claiming sections. :?:
Thanks, aniroo
I bookmarked my Reader/PL View page. As long as a file is marked "Ready for PL" it will appear here.
https://librivox.org/sections/readers/11782
WOW ! Thank you so much. This is much better than the email notifications. I think I'll turn it off now. :clap:

aniroo
garybclayton

Post by garybclayton »

Sections 02 and 03 are ready for PL.

aniroo,
I've been swamped for the last couple of weeks. I hope my time will free up some after this coming week so I can focus more on narration, both for this and another project I have going outside Librivox.

I haven't checked the audiobook you recommended to me yet, that also has to wait until after this week (got to get my taxes to my preparer by Thursday, let alone all else that is happening). I also have a new personal laptop I want to get set up over the next 2 weeks. Then I can move all my narration activities off my business machine and start upgrading my whole recording setup. I'm not happy with my tone yet, sounds too much like a narration and I want to get to "storyteller" mode. THAT will take a bit of personal growth to achieve. :)

Gary
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

garybclayton wrote: March 30th, 2019, 8:07 am Sections 02 and 03 are ready for PL.

aniroo,
I've been swamped for the last couple of weeks. I hope my time will free up some after this coming week so I can focus more on narration, both for this and another project I have going outside Librivox.

I haven't checked the audiobook you recommended to me yet, that also has to wait until after this week (got to get my taxes to my preparer by Thursday, let alone all else that is happening). I also have a new personal laptop I want to get set up over the next 2 weeks. Then I can move all my narration activities off my business machine and start upgrading my whole recording setup. I'm not happy with my tone yet, sounds too much like a narration and I want to get to "storyteller" mode. THAT will take a bit of personal growth to achieve. :)

Gary
Thanks for the update. I updated my computer a little while ago, quite a lot do take care of to make sure it works as well or better. What is it they say about Death and Taxes? :wink:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Chapter 2, Section PL NOte:

at around 9:45, you read massacre in New ENGLAND instead of Massacre in New Zealand.

Other than that it was great. :clap:

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section # PL OK :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

I got curious and had to look it up. I looks like the Roman Baths are still in London, but no one bathes in them anymore.

aniroo :D
garybclayton

Post by garybclayton »

by aniroo
Chapter 2, Section PL NOte:

at around 9:45, you read massacre in New ENGLAND instead of Massacre in New Zealand.
Aw, shucks. It was only the first three letters that were different. :(

I'll be quiet for 7+ days as I am going to be busy outfitting a new personal laptop, same CPU power as my business machine but with much less fan noise, and taking a 4-day weekend. I may also experiment with Sound Forge as I am finding the newest Audacity to be a bit unstable.

Among other things, this book is bringing the pride of the 1800's English people into focus for me, while also disturbing me with some of the prejudices.

Now I am going to pull down that audiobook you recommended to me and listen to it on Friday on the airplane.

Gary
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

SEction 2 is PL OK :clap:

PS it would be helpful, but not necessary if you would use the READY FOR SPOT PL in sections I've already listened to. That way I'll know to check my notes to see what edits I'm looking for. Not a big deal though.

Thanks,
aniroo