Trying out Twitch (AKA watch us edit ... ooh! ahh!)

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, I'm getting set up now. Should be starting in about 15 minutes.

If you have a twitch account, I'd love for you to use it to chat with me and ask questions during the stream. If not, you can post in this thread and I should see it.
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

I'll try to set up a twitch account now! (surprisingly "plaidsicle" as a username is unavailable, which is leading me to suspect I have an account but forgot about it.... who else would use my handle??)
anyway, hopefully I can figure it out quickly.
'whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.' -Oscar Wilde
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hah! That's funny that plaidsicle is taken. That's how I am with mightyfelix. I use it basically everywhere online, and it's pretty much always available, so if it's already taken, I pretty much assume that it was an account I made and forgot about or got locked out of.

I'll wait for you, no worries. :)
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

so weird... it sent me a password reset email, but it isn't actually letting me reset it. just error messages forever.
I have your channel open now though, so we can get started. that sounds more fun than fighting with the interface all night.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Here is my channel: https://www.twitch.tv/mighty_felix

I just fed my cats an early dinner, so hopefully they'll keep quiet. :lol:
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I'm on here too! Don't have a Twitch either :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

what was the initial keyboard shortcut for punch-and-roll again? could you show how you modified the shortcut, too?
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
lymiewithpurpose

Sorry about the trains. I don't live near trains, but I have two brothers in my house (kinda the same thing). Whenever they take a shower I get frustrated :evil:
Campbell
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

this is so awesome! it's a little different to the method I used to use in GarageBand, but it seems way way easier than just recording straight through all the mistakes and having to edit it down later on.

thanks so much for the demonstration/tutorial.

I just tried it out myself, and it looks like you can't insert new recording into the middle of a longer section-- it works best at the end of a recording-in-progress. is that your experience too?
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
lymiewithpurpose

That sounds amazing! I always use compressor and normalize too, and sometimes I forget and have to redo it. Let's see, my order usually is the replay gain normalize, then compressor, then noise reduction.
Campbell
plaidsicle

Post by plaidsicle »

so much good info. thank you again, Devorah. I'm so excited to try all of this and have less editing to do!

I'm gonna duck out now, but thank you thank you! maybe next time I'll have actually figured out my twitch account nonsense. somehow.
plaidsicle.blogspot.com
lymiewithpurpose

Wow! Thank you so much for all of this! So helpful! I just created my macro. I'll try the punch and roll, it may be difficult for me since I can't hear playback while my mic is plugged in, but I'll try anyways. Thanks so much!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

It's a really cheap mic that actually connects through my headphone jack. My computer refuses to accept anything but that as a playback option. I can't even choose my laptop speakers as an option :(. My dad and I have experimented and can't come up with a solution
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Hey, the mic was like $10 so I'm not complaining! I'm pretty stingy though :shock:. And sounds great about uploading the recording, I'll listen tonight :D
Campbell