[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Good Evening,

I have made the requested adjustments and the file has been uploaded. I passed the checker and came in at 88.2. Not quite 89, but that gives me something to work on for the next file. I will begin working on the next section and have it completed by next Sunday. Thanks for the assist and have a great evening!!

Chris
cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

cwhat64071 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 6:24 pm Good Evening,

I have made the requested adjustments and the file has been uploaded. I passed the checker and came in at 88.2. Not quite 89, but that gives me something to work on for the next file. I will begin working on the next section and have it completed by next Sunday. Thanks for the assist and have a great evening!!

Chris

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_19_asbury_128kb.mp3

Above is the link. Rookie mistake!!

Chris
DBear19

Post by DBear19 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Asbury_Journal_S41_Sept_22-29_DBear19.mp3

I may have totally botched up the procedural process here, I'm new so be please be gentle. I'm interested in contributing to the Journal of Francis Asbury, particularly section 41, which still seems to be open. The above link is a 'test' recording of section 41 p.400-402 'Friday 22-Friday 29'. I have uploaded to TriciaG. I apologize if I have not followed the proper protocols, however, in short, I would like to take on the full section 41 if possible. Any advice on the length of recording or other editing requirements are appreciated.

Many Thanks

David Bear

DBear19
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

DBear19 wrote: March 18th, 2019, 7:42 am https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/Asbury_Journal_S41_Sept_22-29_DBear19.mp3

I may have totally botched up the procedural process here, I'm new so be please be gentle. I'm interested in contributing to the Journal of Francis Asbury, particularly section 41, which still seems to be open. The above link is a 'test' recording of section 41 p.400-402 'Friday 22-Friday 29'. I have uploaded to TriciaG. I apologize if I have not followed the proper protocols, however, in short, I would like to take on the full section 41 if possible. Any advice on the length of recording or other editing requirements are appreciated.

Many Thanks

David Bear

DBear19
Welcome! I'll be happy to have you on this project. I was a bit alarmed at first. I thought you'd recorded the entire section already, and I was worried because your one-minute test hasn't been checked yet. Still, there's no need to do a test recording of this text, only the quick one-minute test, just to make sure your tech settings are in place. My home computer is having some problems at the moment, or I would check your one-minute test now. (I'm typing this from my mobile.) Hopefully you will get some feedback on your test soon.

As far as the procedural process, everything is explained in the first post of this (and every) project. Please look over the instructions given there, and then if you still have specific questions, I'll be happy to answer them.

Hopefully my computer issues will resolve quickly, and then I can sign you up for section 41 as well as check on your test! In order to sign you up, I'll need to know how you want to be credited in the catalogue. You can use your real name, your forum name, or any pseudonym you like. If you have a personal blog or website, I can link that to your catalogue page as well.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

David, I see that your test has been cleared, so you can begin recording section 41 when you are ready. I don't want to sign you up, though, until I've heard back from you about your catalogue name. How would you like to be credited for your recordings? Once it's set up, the catalogue name can only be changed by an admin, so I want to make sure that I enter exactly what you want.
DBear19

Post by DBear19 »

You may use ‘David Bear’ as my catalogue name. I do not have a blog or website to link to. :-)
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Returned from out of town, did recording. passed checker. 32m29.5s
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_50_asbury_128kb.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, everyone. MW updated.

David, you are officially in! Here is your brand new shiny catalogue page: https://librivox.org/reader/13233 Currently only this project is shown, but eventually, as you participate more, it will show all past and current projects you've done. You can also access it by clicking on your name in the MW. Have fun!
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

Section 40 for PL: (26:07)

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_40_asbury_128kb.mp3
Could I take 11 and 12 please and that will fill up a gap.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

gtlldavis wrote: March 20th, 2019, 12:12 am Returned from out of town, did recording. passed checker. 32m29.5s
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_50_asbury_128kb.mp3
Thanks Greg. Nice work! I have a few notes for this one too.

0:46 I'm hearing "...held a love-fest." This should be love-feast.
0:50 I know you're really saying "I plunged four adults," but my ears keep hearing "I punched four adults." :shock: Maybe it's just my ears, or maybe you may want to enunciate this part a bit more. I'll let you have a listen and decide whether to re-record this bit, if you agree.
10:10 I'm hearing "Night came on before we preached there." This should be "Night came on before we reached there."
15:42 I'm hearing "The son was once at her side." This should be "The son was once on our side."
18:57 "love-feast" again
24:29 "Until Saturday the 20th inst." Now, this one was interesting! You read exactly what was on the page, but I had a hunch that "inst" was an abbreviation for something, so I did some digging. Here is definition 11 of "instant" from Dictionary.com:
(Older Use.) of the present month: your letter of the 12th instant. Abbreviation : inst.
I learned something new! Please expand this abbreviation, so that it is "until Saturday the 20th instant."
24:49 I'm hearing "and constant attendance from my many nurses." This should be "and constant attendance from my kind nurses."
26:09 "love-feast" again
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks Brian. One note for this section:

22:26 I hear "Thomas Vaney" here. This should be "Thomas Vasey." Vasey is not quite so well known as Asbury, Wesley, Whitefield, and Coke, but he comes close, so I want to be sure that his name is correct when he is mentioned.
DBear19

Post by DBear19 »

cwhat64071

Post by cwhat64071 »

Good Afternoon,

I have uploaded the following file:

journaloffrancisasbury1_20_asbury_128kb.mp3

It passed the checker and came in a bit how at 91 db. I will continue to work on my volume control.

Chris
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

cwhat64071 wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 2:38 pm Good Afternoon,

I have uploaded the following file:

journaloffrancisasbury1_20_asbury_128kb.mp3

It passed the checker and came in a bit how at 91 db. I will continue to work on my volume control.

Chris
Thank you, Chris. 91 dB is actually just a tad high, above the 89 that we aim at. But it is within the acceptable volume range (86-92), so no need to worry about that.

Two things here: you've told me the file name, but not the actual location where I can find it. Assuming you've uploaded it to the correct folder, I should be able to locate it. However, the easiest way to do this next time is to right-click on the link that the uploader gives and choose "copy link location." (Or it may say "copy link address" or something similar. It depends on your browser.) Then you can come and paste it into a message here. If it turns blue, you've done it correctly.

The second thing I need is the duration of the recording in minutes and seconds.