What made you choose your nickname?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
jessieyun0404

Post by jessieyun0404 »

Interesting!
May I join in?

'Jessie' is my english name, which is simillar by my real name : "Jisu". My dad chose it for me :)
And 'Yun' is my last name.

0404 is my birthday!
Surprisingly my birthday is April 4th! So my friends often get shocked by this truth...
I hope you can't get shocked! :lol:
~Jessie

Epic Music composer studying Film and Media Arts, BA :D
I love lights, camera, colors, and story!
Here are some tunes I made.

Staying in the U.S. starting Fall 2021.
Tauriel

Post by Tauriel »

0404 is my birthday!
Surprisingly my birthday is April 4th! So my friends often get shocked by this truth...
That's cool! My brother (PeregrinTook)'s birthday is July 7, so, 0707. :)
~Vanessa Cooley (Tauriel)
_________
"She walks in starlight in another world..."
~Kili, The Desolation of Smaug
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Mine comes from the fact that I have chronic Lyme disease, and those of us who have it term ourselves 'lymies'. Not all that exciting, more sad.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Lymiewithpurpose wrote: Mine comes from the fact that I have chronic Lyme disease, and those of us who have it term ourselves 'lymies'. Not all that exciting, more sad. How did you come up with yours?
I couldn't quote you, Campbell, since the thread is locked now, but I didn't know that Mine was really just off the top of my head...maybe because I love cats? I don't really know :lol: It's not all that exciting, but there it is :lol:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 9:33 am
Lymiewithpurpose wrote: Mine comes from the fact that I have chronic Lyme disease, and those of us who have it term ourselves 'lymies'. Not all that exciting, more sad. How did you come up with yours?
I couldn't quote you, Campbell, since the thread is locked now, but I didn't know that Mine was really just off the top of my head...maybe because I love cats? I don't really know :lol: It's not all that exciting, but there it is :lol:
Hey, well usernames that come off the top of your head are just as valid as those which have a deep meaning!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 9th, 2019, 9:45 am
JayKitty76 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 9:33 am
Hey, well usernames that come off the top of your head are just as valid as those which have a deep meaning!
I hate autocorrect...sorry, part of my first message probably didn't make sense! What I meant to say was this:
I couldn't quote you, Campbell, since the thread is locked now. I don't know why, but mine was really just off the top of my head...maybe because I love cats? I don't really know :lol: It's not all that exciting, but there it is :lol:[/quote]
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Two of my favorite old school cartoon characters are Mighty Mouse and Felix the Cat. How's that for deep meaning? :wink:

I've been using this screen name just about everywhere since about 2005, so if you ever come across a mightyfelix anywhere on the web, it's probably me. It's very rarely already taken when I try to use it. (And I think some of those instances were an old login of mine that I'd forgotten the password for.)
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

I have been using Boomcoach since the late 90s.

I threw boomerangs for a number of years, and got a small group of friends interested and we would throw together. I was the most experienced and could usually help with problems, so they started calling me coach, hence Boomcoach (plus, no one else uses it, so I don't have to be Boomcoach79145).
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

Well ... my father, long since gone, used to paint -- mostly farm houses and landscapes. He signed all of his work Wedge (Walter Edge), with the sizes of the letters tapering down from the W to the e. So ... Nedge. (Nancy ... Edge.)
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

So Nan, your sig ought to be \NEDGE ?... :lol: ... See what I did there? \N looks like a W :)
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
Nedge

Post by Nedge »

YES! Perfect! :)
"Ready, willing, and vaguely competent." -- Sandra Boynton, 2021
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

tovarisch wrote: March 20th, 2019, 6:02 pm So Nan, your sig ought to be \NEDGE ?... :lol: ... See what I did there? \N looks like a W :)
Tovarisch,
I actually looked up your username in a dictionary once...I don't know why. :lol: It means something like 'comrade', doesn't it? :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

Yes, it does. :thumbs:
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

mightyfelix wrote: March 9th, 2019, 5:59 pm Two of my favorite old school cartoon characters are Mighty Mouse and Felix the Cat. How's that for deep meaning? :wink:
I KNEW it! That is just what I thought of when I first saw it.

Remember “Popeye” or The Pink Panther? Good memories of watching them at my Granny’s as a kid. 8-)
April
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I have watched some episodes from all 4 of those shows (and I'm not even 18!). I love them, their so hilarious. Actually, I think I started watching them when I was like 8?