COMPLETE[BIO] Pinero, Playwright by Hamilton Fyfe - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Hey there! I can read 8 and 9 :D

EDIT: I actually can take the remaining chapters (7-10), finished a bunch of other recordings tonight :D
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 19th, 2019, 6:16 pm Hey there! I can read 8 and 9 :D

EDIT: I actually can take the remaining chapters (7-10), finished a bunch of other recordings tonight :D
Thank you!

Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Here is my first contribution, I fear I may have butchered the French/German/Japanese titles, hopefully not too badly though :shock:.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pineroplaywright_07_fyfe_128kb.mp3
20:56
Campbell
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Campbell. I'm sure you did a better job on the non-English bits than I would have! A couple of notes for chapter 7:

13:50 Repetition of "The main thing I want to insist upon is..."
16:53 I hear "The very scenery brings us to Western folk a sense of refreshment and satisfaction." This should be "The very scenery brings to us Western folk a sense of refreshment and satisfaction." This transposition in the word order changes the meaning slightly and makes the overall meaning less clear.
lymiewithpurpose

mightyfelix wrote: March 21st, 2019, 11:20 am Thanks, Campbell. I'm sure you did a better job on the non-English bits than I would have! A couple of notes for chapter 7:

13:50 Repetition of "The main thing I want to insist upon is..."
16:53 I hear "The very scenery brings us to Western folk a sense of refreshment and satisfaction." This should be "The very scenery brings to us Western folk a sense of refreshment and satisfaction." This transposition in the word order changes the meaning slightly and makes the overall meaning less clear.
Fixed it! Isn't it funny how one little word switch can change the meaning so intensely?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pineroplaywright_07_fyfe_128kb.mp3
20:54

Todd, I am afraid that there were some long French passages I had missed in my preliminary skim through in the next section that I was trying to record. As my French pronunciation completely ruins the elegance of the language, I fear I have to give up sections 8 and 9. It appears that 10 does not have these long passages, however, so I should be fine on that. I apologize :oops:
Campbell
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Okay, thanks.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

All better! :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Got my other section recorded! Devorah, I used punch and roll starting from about minute nine on. We'll see if it affects my accuracy. I found it to work very well considering that I can't hear playback. There were a few times I was unsure, so I unplugged my mic then plugged them back in and that seemed to work. Overall much more convenient! I had a bit more trouble with the macro, Audacity kept crashing on me. Eventually it worked, and I think it went well! Thank you so much for all of your tips :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/pineroplaywright_10_fyfe_128kb.mp3
29:57
Campbell
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I hope you saved your work frequently, if you had to deal with Audacity crashing! :shock: I look forward to hearing this. I've had lots of sections coming in for PL lately for one of my other projects, and they all seem to be around 20 minutes or more, so I'm a bit backed up on PLs, but I'll try to get to it this week.

(I'm leaving for Colorado in a week and a half, and I'll be gone for a full week, so I'm hoping to get everything caught up before I leave. Wish me luck!)
lymiewithpurpose

Good luck :D! And Audacity only crashed when I tried to use the macros so everything was (hopefully) saved by then. Have fun in Colorado when you go!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Hey Todd, I'm sorry to bother you, but is there any way you could put my recording into the MW? I get really confused whenever I'm looking at what I need to do and see this still on my list :lol:
Campbell
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Sorry I missed it what with the crash discussion.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Section 12 is recorded; must edit before upload.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Section 12 posted for PL. Note that I treated the cast lists as contents of tables and did not read them - I only read the names and locations of the plays and not the people.

And wow! - there are a lot more Pinero plays in this list - maybe 20 - than we have done so far. And this list is only through 1901 (the book was published in 1902).

Thanks, Todd