Don't you hate...

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
ej400

Post by ej400 »

...When you start reading and get through the section half way before going "oh wait, I forgot to push record". Oof

-_-
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

... when your voice is already compromised by hayfever, and then THIS descends on Sydney: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/22/dust-storm-nsw-air-quality-warning-as-front-descends-on-sydney

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: November 21st, 2018, 4:59 pm ... when your voice is already compromised by hayfever, and then THIS descends on Sydney: https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/nov/22/dust-storm-nsw-air-quality-warning-as-front-descends-on-sydney

Chris
That sounds miserable, I'm so sorry. :? I've been on a forced recording hiatus, too, because my throat starts burning if I talk for more than a few minutes. :cry: Apparently it's just allergies.
linny

Post by linny »

That moment when you feel disappointed to learn an author is still alive. I feel like such a horrible person for that moment of disappointment. :oops:
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

... if you record a song and just have a good version and in the last verse the smoke alarm beeps because battery is going low :evil:
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

...when you live close to an airport and it's cloudy so the planes are extra loud and then just when the planes are having a lull, a train comes through on the tracks 2 blocks from your house, and then when that stops, the other people who live with you arrive home, and doors slam, and dogs bark, and....and...and....heck with it, time to go binge watch some more Friends....

Edit to add: Oh, and I just went back to listen and edit the bit I was recording yesterday and had forgotten the part where my elderly chihuahua mix has a lovely hacking gagging cough that kicks up periodically, and you can clearly hear her (from the next room!) in one of the segments I thought was salvageable.... :roll:

Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

wildemoose wrote: August 18th, 2011, 6:56 am Of course, there's always the simple but classic "read a whole section without hitting record"...

That’s the one that always gets me! I have computer out of the studio so I I’d not notice for like 7 chapters one time :)
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

...when you fiddle with the remote on your mic, and then realize, upon 'finishing' the section, that you accidentally muted your mic while playing with it? Eight minutes from finishing the recording??
Ugh, I hate that. I've only done it once, but still...I had to rerecord, wasting time I didn't have...
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 4:23 pm ...when you fiddle with the remote on your mic, and then realize, upon 'finishing' the section, that you accidentally muted your mic while playing with it? Eight minutes from finishing the recording??
Ugh, I hate that. I've only done it once, but still...I had to rerecord, wasting time I didn't have...
Those things used to happen to me all the time, that's very annoying. Usually when I try to finish, then that's when dad comes home from work, and then you have to go blow snow, and then you can't record anymore because people are upstairs and downstairs now making noise... early mornings when nobody else is awake yet, is the perfect time to record for me :9:
Foon

Post by Foon »

... when you snap your fingers to mark a stumble in your recording, only to realise you were not recording and actually having a conversation with another human being? :lol: :oops:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Foon wrote: March 11th, 2019, 5:45 am ... when you snap your fingers to mark a stumble in your recording, only to realise you were not recording and actually having a conversation with another human being? :lol: :oops:
Oh my goodness thats hilarious :lol: <laughing> Did you get to tell that person about librivox? :lol:
Foon

Post by Foon »

ej400 wrote: March 11th, 2019, 7:37 am
Foon wrote: March 11th, 2019, 5:45 am ... when you snap your fingers to mark a stumble in your recording, only to realise you were not recording and actually having a conversation with another human being? :lol: :oops:
Oh my goodness thats hilarious :lol: <laughing> Did you get to tell that person about librivox? :lol:
Haha, no I didn't even! In the moment I was just flabbergasted by my conditioned response to the stumble, and the other person didn't mention the finger snapping at all... Next time! :roll:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Oh my gosh that's so funny! I've never done that before...haha :lol: You're very used to recording, I can see! :D
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Don't you hate when, on page 154 of your solo, you read:

"It was Mrs. Smith's clear, quiet voice that broke in upon the almost painful hush...."

And you've given Mrs. Smith (an old lady) a creaky voice throughout the book? :shock:

Sorry, Ms. Authoress - I will not redo the voice because you waited until the book was half over to tell me that she had a clear voice! :lol:
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

TriciaG wrote: March 16th, 2019, 6:19 pm Don't you hate when, on page 154 of your solo, you read:

"It was Mrs. Smith's clear, quiet voice that broke in upon the almost painful hush...."

And you've given Mrs. Smith (an old lady) a creaky voice throughout the book? :shock:

Sorry, Ms. Authoress - I will not redo the voice because you waited until the book was half over to tell me that she had a clear voice! :lol:
Such a shame that the source of the story you were reading wasn’t a serialisation in The Strand magazine over several issues. Then you could’ve justified the change in voice by briefly straying into THIS story at the appropriate juncture:
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/44113/44113-h/44113-h.htm#Page_97

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox