[Complete] Lives Of The Most Remarkable Criminals Vol 2 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TwoFace wrote: March 13th, 2019, 1:56 pm This is my first time contributing and i would like to read section 12 :)
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
Well done for passing your test :clap:
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name. but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

I'll take Sections 5,7,9,10,11.
Linda Johnson
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

I would like section 45 please.
Kristine :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

wildlindajohnson wrote: March 16th, 2019, 1:58 pm I'll take Sections 5,7,9,10,11.
Wonderful
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Kikisaulite wrote: March 16th, 2019, 2:12 pm I would like section 45 please.
Kristine :)
All yours
wildlindajohnson

Post by wildlindajohnson »

Here are Chapters 5 and 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3 [10:23]
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_07_hayward_128kb.mp3 [14:54]

A note about Chapter 5: In the 2nd sentence, the text reads "The first thing that I with concerning him is his being at sea..." which I believe is a transcription or typesetting error, so I read it as "The first thing that I have concerning him is his being at sea.." If you think this is incorrect and wish it to be recorded as it was typeset, please let me know and I'll gladly re-record it.
Linda Johnson
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

wildlindajohnson wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:55 pm Here are Chapters 5 and 7:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_05_hayward_128kb.mp3 [10:23]
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/mostremarkablecriminals2_07_hayward_128kb.mp3 [14:54]

A note about Chapter 5: In the 2nd sentence, the text reads "The first thing that I with concerning him is his being at sea..." which I believe is a transcription or typesetting error, so I read it as "The first thing that I have concerning him is his being at sea.." If you think this is incorrect and wish it to be recorded as it was typeset, please let me know and I'll gladly re-record it.
Thank you
DuckTD

Post by DuckTD »

Hello, I would like to read section 2.
HeartsandStars

Post by HeartsandStars »

Hi Lynne, I'd like #'s 13 and 14 please.

Thank you!
Andrea
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

DuckTD wrote: March 16th, 2019, 9:25 pm Hello, I would like to read section 2.
Go for it
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

HeartsandStars wrote: March 17th, 2019, 8:14 am Hi Lynne, I'd like #'s 13 and 14 please.

Thank you!
Andrea
Enjoy!
ladybabybell76

Post by ladybabybell76 »

Hi,
I would really like to occasionally help out with PL, if there is anything that needs doing!
I have read all the info, so if there is anything you need to be PL...
Thanks
Rachel :D
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

wildlindajohnson wrote: March 16th, 2019, 4:55 pm Here are Chapters 5 and 7:

Hey there Linda! Nice readings! I don't see any problem with your correction, yours makes sense :D. I really enjoyed these, your tone was both factual and intriguing! Chapter 7 is OK, Chapter 5 has one note:

Around 5:12 – missing footnote “That is, Tyburn tree”

Thanks, and can't wait to listen to more!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

ladybabybell76 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 1:25 pm Hi,
I would really like to occasionally help out with PL, if there is anything that needs doing!
Thanks
Hey there Rachel! Welcome to LibriVox, hope you are enjoying your time here! I am the DPL for this project :D. I think it is great that you are interested in Proof Listening, we definitely need more! Also great idea to start small before DPLing... it's a large commitment! I am sorry I didn't see this before listening to the most recent two chapters, I would have let you listen. I see no problem with you helping out! If there are chapters that I have not gotten to, feel free to jump in and listen! I am pretty full on listening currently, so it never hurts to have another person listen :D. Have fun, and let me know if you have any questions!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 17th, 2019, 3:39 pm
ladybabybell76 wrote: March 17th, 2019, 1:25 pm Hi,
Thanks
Hey there Rachel! Welcome to LibriVox, hope you are enjoying your time here! I am the DPL for this project :D. I think it is great that you are interested in Proof Listening, we definitely need more! Also great idea to start small before DPLing... it's a large commitment! I am sorry I didn't see this before listening to the most recent two chapters, I would have let you listen. I see no problem with you helping out! If there are chapters that I have not gotten to, feel free to jump in and listen! I am pretty full on listening currently, so it never hurts to have another person listen :D. Have fun, and let me know if you have any questions!
Rachel, welcome.
I’d like to add a few comments here:
Any project with a tilde (~) in the title is looking for a DPL — although that is a big commitment, most BCs would be happy for you to volunteer for a single section or two.
Also, if you look in the Listeners Wanted forum, you will see some works marked as “In Progress: Listeners Wanted”. Some of those may fit in the above category; also there may be some where a DPL has recorded a chapter and wants someone to listen ( you can’t PL your own sections, for obvious reasons); or sometimes there was a DPL, but they had to drop out before a project was complete. It’s definitely worth a look.

As Campbell says, there is a shortage of proof listeners , so there is definitely work for you here.