COMPLETE Tabai al-Istibdad by Al-Kawakibi -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Awesome khaled!

This text is perfect, it is published in 1922 and so it is clearly public domain :thumbs:

To prepare, count how many chapters there are and if they have a good length. If a chapter us too long for you to read as one file, you may have to split it in two, and if chapters are very short, you can choose to read two or three in one audio file. You also have to come up with a description for in the catalog. But thats basically it :)

Read the instructions here on how to get started viewtopic.php?f=28&t=13513
And see already this indormation on the magic window https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window
As a soloist, you will fill in and update the magic window yourself - but it is very easy so dont worry!

Let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

And thank you so much sara!
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote: March 13th, 2019, 9:02 am And thank you so much sara!
You're most welcome. :9:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

khaledfouad1993 wrote: March 13th, 2019, 6:43 am Hi all,
I have found a wonderful book to go on solo or as a group if anyone wants to participate. It is "Kalilah et Dimna" "كليلة ودمنة" and the link is: https://archive.org/details/kalilahetdimna00bdpc/page/n8
but the problem is I have no idea what to do to make it ready for reading :oops:
So :help: please
Hey Dr. Khaled,

Nice book choice! I see Carolin shared with you the most important links and tips. I would like to share a video by the AMAZING Phil on how to start a solo. A group project is similar to a Solo project you will just use a different template.

Do you know other readers that will read this book with you? I hope you aren't counting me as a reader. My Arabic is broken. But I will sign up as the DPL.
khaledfouad1993

Post by khaledfouad1993 »

Thank you both so much for your great efforts. I will start it as soon as possible and I want you to be the DPL Sara if you wish.
Thank you
Khaled Fouad :)
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

khaledfouad1993 wrote: March 16th, 2019, 3:18 am Thank you both so much for your great efforts. I will start it as soon as possible and I want you to be the DPL Sara if you wish.
You're most welcome. Sure, I'll be the DPL. Thanks for the offer. Have a nice weekend. :D
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Just a quick update, i have a couple of errors for some old files (bit rates etc) and i havs to use my laptop to fix this. Ill get to it tonight or tomorrow. Thank you!
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote: March 18th, 2019, 1:46 am Just a quick update, i have a couple of errors for some old files (bit rates etc) and i havs to use my laptop to fix this. Ill get to it tonight or tomorrow. Thank you!
Thanks for the update. Have a nice day! :D
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/tabai-al-istibdad-wa-masari-al-istibad-by-abd-al-rahman-al-kawakibi/

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote: March 27th, 2019, 5:36 am This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project: https://librivox.org/tabai-al-istibdad-wa-masari-al-istibad-by-abd-al-rahman-al-kawakibi/

:clap: :clap: :clap:
WOW! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks so much, Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

my apologies that it took so long :oops:
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote: March 27th, 2019, 5:45 am my apologies that it took so long :oops:
Please, don't say that. On the bright side, March isn't over yet. Thank you so much for all your hard work. :thumbs: And your patience with this project.

See you on another project soon! :9:

Edit: I just saw that you have done the Cover design for the book as well. It's so BEAUTIFUL. Thanks!!!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

im glad you like it :9:
Carolin
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Carolin wrote: March 27th, 2019, 6:15 am im glad you like it :9:
:thumbs: