[COMPLETE] The World’s Famous Orations, Vol. V: Great Britain III -ck/tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
PeterBlock

Post by PeterBlock »

Aniroo and Carolin,

Section 12 is corrected with the addition of the section number at the top. Duration is 18:55.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_12_various_128kb.mp3

No other changes were made.

Thanks for all you do.

Peter
The Story of a Movie is a "making-of" featurette for your ears.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all so much! :clap:
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

PeterBlock wrote: March 12th, 2019, 2:42 pm Aniroo and Carolin,

Section 12 is corrected with the addition of the section number at the top. Duration is 18:55.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_12_various_128kb.mp3

No other changes were made.

Thanks for all you do.

Peter

Section 12 PL OK :D

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

aniroo wrote: March 12th, 2019, 9:54 am The Note rather than the PL OK is because of one tiny detail that I'm not even sure if it's important,but you left out the Section number in the intro. SEction #12 of >>>>Orations.
The section number in the intro is important especially for our blind listeners :) thank you for noting, aniroo, and thank you for fixing it, peter :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

maddiefrommelb wrote: March 11th, 2019, 5:38 pm My apologies Carolin, I am still getting used to the processes. If you don't mind clarifying, can the pseudonym be my name, Madeleine C. Forster?
Please can I do no. 20 Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman - His 'The Duma Is Dead: Long Live the Duma' Speech
Thanks in advance also if my first go requires any back and forward to get it up to scratch.
Thank you! I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13219 :thumbs:

Please do revisit your test before getting started :) thank you!
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

tpzahm wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:36 pm Hi. I posted chapter 1 a while ago, but failed to post a note here. It's located at:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_01_various_128kb.mp3

The recording is 21 min., 27 sec. long.

I had to re-record portions to get rid of the clicks.

There remains a little problem, though -- About half-way through, the audio characteristics change between one section and another. I suspect it's an artifact of my attempts to remove the clicks in the original recording..

If you'd like, I'd be glad to re-record the first half, but I wanted to get it to you as it stands since I've been slow.

Please advise.

Cordially,
T. P. Zahm

Hi, I heard the differences in the audio characteristics, but I don't think it is different enough to warrant a do-over. The Pl Note is because you didn't announce the foot note as per the directions Footnotes: Please do read the footnotes. They should be announced with "Footnote: ... End of Footnote". Should you find a footnote entirely unintersting, check with us to see if we can omit it. Thanks!

Other than that footnote the section was very well read and quite interesting. He saw the constant re election of the president as a problem for the U.S. Sometimes I agree. Not that it should be a term for life, but maybe a little longer and no bid for re election, keep the mind on the job rather than the campaign. :?:

Thanks,

aniroo
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
tpzahm

Post by tpzahm »

aniroo wrote: March 13th, 2019, 9:03 am
tpzahm wrote: March 11th, 2019, 12:36 pm Hi. I posted chapter 1 a while ago, but failed to post a note here. It's located at:

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_01_various_128kb.mp3

The recording is 21 min., 27 sec. long.

I had to re-record portions to get rid of the clicks.

There remains a little problem, though -- About half-way through, the audio characteristics change between one section and another. I suspect it's an artifact of my attempts to remove the clicks in the original recording..

If you'd like, I'd be glad to re-record the first half, but I wanted to get it to you as it stands since I've been slow.

Please advise.

Cordially,
T. P. Zahm

Hi, I heard the differences in the audio characteristics, but I don't think it is different enough to warrant a do-over. The Pl Note is because you didn't announce the foot note as per the directions Footnotes: Please do read the footnotes. They should be announced with "Footnote: ... End of Footnote". Should you find a footnote entirely unintersting, check with us to see if we can omit it. Thanks!

Other than that footnote the section was very well read and quite interesting. He saw the constant re election of the president as a problem for the U.S. Sometimes I agree. Not that it should be a term for life, but maybe a little longer and no bid for re election, keep the mind on the job rather than the campaign. :?:

Thanks,

aniroo
Aniroo,

Thanks for feedback and sorry to have missed the footnote thing. Should I record “begin” and “end” bits and paste them in?
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Hi, the section was well read and very interesting to hear, :thumbs: :clap: but there are two small technical issues to clear up before PL OK. 1. At the end of the section there should be 5 seconds of silence, you have less than this. You can actually use Audacity to add exactly the amount of silence you need by using GENERATE>SILENCE and then enter how much time you want. 2. You are missing the OUTRO. The script for it is right under the MW on the home page of the project.

Be sure to post the new time when you re load the section.

aniroo
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

aniroo wrote: March 14th, 2019, 1:26 pm
At the end of the section there should be 5 seconds of silence
You are missing the OUTRO.
oops.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_18_various_128kb.mp3

[26:41]
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you all! :thumbs:
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

tpzahm wrote: March 14th, 2019, 12:02 pm Aniroo,

Thanks for feedback and sorry to have missed the footnote thing. Should I record “begin” and “end” bits and paste them in?
Yes please! Thank you! :D
Carolin
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

realisticspeakers wrote: March 14th, 2019, 2:07 pm
aniroo wrote: March 14th, 2019, 1:26 pm
At the end of the section there should be 5 seconds of silence
You are missing the OUTRO.
oops.

https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/orations5_18_various_128kb.mp3

[26:41]

Section 18 PL OK :thumbs: