COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19798
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 12th, 2019, 6:21 am


adr6090
Posts: 1653
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » March 12th, 2019, 10:45 am

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_watchman_011_128kb.mp3 time 0.35
Here is the watchman done with a gruff voice as Sonia requested. Perhaps that is why the volume on this is fairly high. Please do let me know if there is anything more I need to do to this file and thank you!
April

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19798
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 12th, 2019, 11:58 am

adr6090 wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 10:45 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_watchman_011_128kb.mp3 time 0.35
Here is the watchman done with a gruff voice as Sonia requested. Perhaps that is why the volume on this is fairly high. Please do let me know if there is anything more I need to do to this file and thank you!
haha, did I request a gruff voice ? I thought you would do a gruff voice with the watchman anyway :mrgreen:

And yes...your volume is a bit excessively loud. I'll make a note in the MW to tune it down ;) but you don't have to change anything, it's all PL ok. :thumbs: I love the gruffness.

thanks, April

Just one note on the filenaming...always use the number of the ACT you're in (here _4_) not the section number. As you can see, we always move sections around in the MW in drama. No need to reupload though, it's fine.

Sonia

adr6090
Posts: 1653
Joined: May 31st, 2016, 11:05 am
Location: Cottonwood, California

Post by adr6090 » March 12th, 2019, 3:42 pm

My volume is not agreeing with me on any recordings. hmmm...

You did mention for me to use my gruff voice which I do think I did with this file.

April
Kitty wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 11:58 am
adr6090 wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 10:45 am
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_watchman_011_128kb.mp3 time 0.35
Here is the watchman done with a gruff voice as Sonia requested. Perhaps that is why the volume on this is fairly high. Please do let me know if there is anything more I need to do to this file and thank you!
haha, did I request a gruff voice ? I thought you would do a gruff voice with the watchman anyway :mrgreen:

And yes...your volume is a bit excessively loud. I'll make a note in the MW to tune it down ;) but you don't have to change anything, it's all PL ok. :thumbs: I love the gruffness.

thanks, April

Just one note on the filenaming...always use the number of the ACT you're in (here _4_) not the section number. As you can see, we always move sections around in the MW in drama. No need to reupload though, it's fine.

Sonia
April

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9144
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 13th, 2019, 2:55 am

I have assembled drafts of Acts 1-3 with the parts we have so far. Really like the Victoria/Penelope interplay in Act 3 - going to be great.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9144
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 14th, 2019, 8:19 am

Missing a short line in Act 5, after a stage direction on page 174: "There he is——"

Separate file, please.

Thanks, Todd

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9144
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 14th, 2019, 9:00 am

Would it be possible for you to read the Epilog? I think it would sound good in your voice.

Separate file please.

Thanks, Todd

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » March 14th, 2019, 9:13 am

ToddHW wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:00 am
Would it be possible for you to read the Epilog? I think it would sound good in your voice.

Separate file please.

Thanks, Todd
Will do! I'll try to get it to you asap. :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9144
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 14th, 2019, 9:33 am

Not a huge hurray - we still have a couple parts unclaimed.

Thanks, Todd

Foon
Posts: 2860
Joined: May 10th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Post by Foon » March 14th, 2019, 9:39 am

Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!


Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian

MajorToast
Posts: 73
Joined: November 10th, 2018, 12:55 am
Contact:

Post by MajorToast » March 14th, 2019, 11:40 pm


Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 19798
Joined: March 28th, 2014, 5:57 am

Post by Kitty » March 15th, 2019, 12:59 am

Foon wrote:
March 14th, 2019, 9:39 am
Hi Todd,
Here it is:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_stagedirections_epilogue.mp3 1:31
a wonderfully narrated, almost serene, ending to a great play. Thanks Foon ! Absolutely PL ok.

thank you also, Ken, for the extra line :D sorry I missed it in the initial PL :oops:

Sonia

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 9144
Joined: August 14th, 2011, 4:24 am
Contact:

Post by ToddHW » March 15th, 2019, 4:05 am

Thank you all!

Todd

LexHankins
Posts: 45
Joined: February 3rd, 2019, 7:45 am
Contact:

Post by LexHankins » March 16th, 2019, 10:03 pm

[Pg 121] "enchanted castles, where strangers found strange tables strangely furnished with strange cates"

I'm still recording... I read this as crates. The food's inside the crates, eh? :roll: :D
--
Lex (she/her)

Post Reply