COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: March 8th, 2019, 4:37 pm One more small section for me, please.
Section 7- watchman act 4
you're signed up for the Watchman, April :) Have fun being stern :mrgreen: Thank you

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

:clap:
Kitty wrote: March 9th, 2019, 1:35 am
adr6090 wrote: March 8th, 2019, 4:37 pm One more small section for me, please.
Section 7- watchman act 4
you're signed up for the Watchman, April :) Have fun being stern :mrgreen: Thank you

Sonia
April
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

First two acts of Young Bookwit are in! :) He's so full of hot air that I need to let off the steam before I continue. :P

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_youngbookwit_1_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_youngbookwit_2_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 9th, 2019, 7:40 pmFirst two acts of Young Bookwit are in! :) He's so full of hot air that I need to let off the steam before I continue. :P
:lol: indeed, this guy makes Münchhausen look like an amateur. You play him wonderfully snobbish and totally unscrupulous in his lies. Excellent job and wow 19 minutes in the first act :shock: that was a feat indeed.

I'll mark Act 2 already PL ok, but for Act 1, I have a small note for your consideration, where I think another intonation would benefit the understanding:

> at 13:34: "And neither of you all this while know who gave this treat? ha! ha!" - you say "what", but seeing what comes right after, "who" will fit better, because he wants to pretend that it was him who organised that party

> at 13:40: "How can I choose, to see you thus admire a slight divertisement I gave myself?" - so, for the same reason, I would make the stress on "myself". He wants to make Lovemore believe that he (Bookwit) gave the party himself, while yours sounds more like he gave this party for himself

Might be optional, I let you decide if you want to change this.

In any case, a brilliant start into the role, looking forward to the rest.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks for the advice, Sonia! I made those suggested changes and have re-uploaded Act 1.

Oh, and of course I have the rest of Young Bookwit. :mrgreen: And a brief disclaimer lest you think I downed the same amount of wine that Bookwit does in Act 4: I was 100% sober when recording my lines. :lol:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_youngbookwit_3_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_youngbookwit_4_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_youngbookwit_5_128kb.mp3
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: March 10th, 2019, 2:14 pmThanks for the advice, Sonia! I made those suggested changes and have re-uploaded Act 1.
:thumbs: yes sounds clearer now.
And a brief disclaimer lest you think I downed the same amount of wine that Bookwit does in Act 4: I was 100% sober when recording my lines. :lol:
:lol: I don't think you could read those lines so accurately if you had sloshed down that much wine in reality ;) but you play an excellent drunkard. :mrgreen: I also love the remorse-scene in the final act. Boowit manages to be quite the drama queen even in his remorse. :lol:

Excellent job and nothing missing. All acts PL ok. An awesome part, well played out.

Thank you, Tomas

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

I promise not to guzzle before I edit.

Thanks, Todd
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

If still available, I would like to sign up for Latine:

1 Latine, Friend to Young Bookwit, Act 1
2 Latine, Friend to Young Bookwit, Act 2
3 Latine, Friend to Young Bookwit, Act 3
4 Latine, Friend to Young Bookwit, Act 4
5 Latine, Friend to Young Bookwit, Act 5

This will be my largest project yet for LibriVox!
--
Lex (she/her)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

LexHankins wrote: March 11th, 2019, 7:29 pm If still available, I would like to sign up for Latine:

This will be my largest project yet for LibriVox!
super, thank you so much for tackling this larger role :9: I'm sure you can do a great job of Latine. You're signed up !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: March 11th, 2019, 9:48 pmThought I'd get some of my small parts in now that the whale has been beached.
you mean Pinero by the whale ? :mrgreen: indeed, compared to what you have just achieved, these two roles must be peanuts.

Well, you're an excellent dutiful servant and a stern constable, Larry. Both roles very well voiced.

Servant is already PL ok.

You're not yet off the hook for the Constable though, this guy has a few more lines after you stopped ;)

> at about 0:30: please add the following three quotes:

"Sir, what were you running so fast for? There's a man killed in the Garden, and you're a fine gentleman, and it must be you—for good honest people only beat one another——"

"Hands off, rascals, you said just now—do you know what a constable is?"

"Come, come, I find they are desperate fellows; we'll to the justice, and commit 'em immediately. I'll teach rascals to speak high-treason against a petty constable——"

thanks

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

awww she is such a tease, especially in the first two acts. :wink: excellently characterized, Leanne, I really loved the whole performance, and there will be some great dialogues between you and Lovemore.

Wonderfully done, and Acts 1, 3 and 4 are already PL ok.

Some small PL notes for the other acts:

Act 2:

> at 2:46: please insert missing line: “No, he has a gluttony, an hunger for me.

> at 5:34-5:37: repeat: “shall surely find me so” – can be cut out once

Act 5:

> at 1:50-1:53: repeat: “either the paper bleeds anew” – can be cut once

thank you

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd