COMPLETE: Dawn of the Morning by Grace Livingston HILL - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

DanielHCrump wrote: February 21st, 2019, 5:58 pm Any idea on how I'm supposed to do that?
:hmm: In Audacity it's Effect > Amplify, or just look for "amplify" in Help :idea: :wink:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Mark, I was just reading through the summary at the beginning and I feel like it has a lot of room for improvement. would you be interested in writing a new one or tweaking it as you have listened to the book?
~Tiffany
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

For the record, here is the summary that appears in the front flap of the dust jacket in the scanned 1911 copy that appears on google books. Not that you have to use this, but I ran across it while looking at possible cover art. (It has a beautiful painting I hope to use for that.)

"Fresh from school, at the age of sixteen, dreading to return to the unhappy home she has left, and ignorant of all it implies, Dawn consents to marry a friend of her father's whom she has only met. Just before the wedding it develops that this man already has a wife and two children. His younger brother, Charles, who has seen Dawn and fallen in love with her, offers to take the intended bridegroom's place, and it is agreed that he do so. Fearing that Dawn will not accept the substitution, her stepmother, who is anxious to get rid of her, so arranges that Dawn does not know that she had not been married to the right man until she reaches her new home after the ceremony."
April
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Tiffany and April, I could tweak the summary using both texts, no problem, thank you!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you both very much, I appreciate it :D
~Tiffany
DanielHCrump

Post by DanielHCrump »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dawnofthemorning_25_hill_128kb.mp3

Here's Chapter 25

The length is still 23:28

I amplified the audio in Audacity. Let me know if it's loud enough.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Fiddlestick, I am not allowed to edit the head post (you are), here is my version (suspense added) 8-) :
"Fresh from school, mistreated and neglected by her father and stepmother, sixteen-year-old Dawn consents to marry a friend of her father's whom she has only met, but the wedding does not go as planned. Scared and confused, she runs away after the ceremony. Many adventures follow lovely and resourceful Dawn on her journey to becoming an independent woman."
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

DanielHCrump wrote: February 27th, 2019, 5:56 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dawnofthemorning_25_hill_128kb.mp3

Here's Chapter 25

The length is still 23:28

I amplified the audio in Audacity. Let me know if it's loud enough.
Daniel, the volume is perfect, thank you, but now the bit rate got messed up: ~110, should be 128 kbps, and the recording should use a constant rather than variable bit rate. Check the Options when exporting from Audacity.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

karlkuzmich wrote: February 27th, 2019, 6:27 pm Fiddlestick, I am not allowed to edit the head post (you are), here is my version (suspense added) 8-) :
"Fresh from school, mistreated and neglected by her father and stepmother, sixteen-year-old Dawn consents to marry a friend of her father's whom she has only met, but the wedding does not go as planned. Scared and confused, she runs away after the ceremony. Many adventures follow lovely and resourceful Dawn on her journey to becoming an independent woman."
Thank you! I love that you changed it so that most of the story is not given away in the summery :thumbs:
~Tiffany
DanielHCrump

Post by DanielHCrump »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dawnofthemorning_25_hill_128kb.mp3

Updated Chapter 25

Bit rate is now constant and at 128 kbs

If there's anything else I need to fix, let me know.
hale67

Post by hale67 »

Good luckDaniel. You just keep on plugging and I admire that. Fingers crossed.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

DanielHCrump wrote: February 28th, 2019, 6:36 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dawnofthemorning_25_hill_128kb.mp3

Updated Chapter 25

Bit rate is now constant and at 128 kbs

If there's anything else I need to fix, let me know.
Thank you! as said above, fingers crossed! You are doing great :thumbs:
~Tiffany
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Oops, my apologies for the delay,
Sec.25 is PL OK, and the entire book is PL OK :9:
Thank you all for the pleasure!
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Yay :clap: :clap: Thank you everyone for a wonderful job on this project! We are ready for cataloging :D
Last edited by fiddlesticks on March 14th, 2019, 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Tiffany
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

Thank you, Tiffany and Mark!!!