[COMPLETE][Poetry]The Complaint, or Night Thoughts by Edward Young - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kohoutek

Post by Kohoutek »

Section 3 Ready for PL.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

last second has an extraneous sound, otherwise pl ok.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Hi! It has been 2 months since you last posted. Are you still with us? :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Abandoned. files moved to ~abandoned/nightthoughts
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

resurrecting this project for KIBBONAFIDE, inspired by the March clean-up challenge.

It's yours Josh :)

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Thanks!! I’m excited. I’ll start by familiarizing myself with the BC process when I get home this afternoon.
Josh Kibbey
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

Reporting back to duty as DPL.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

super, thanks Dave !

That means we are already complete and I move to going solo (though technically it's a duet, but the second reader is not around anymore ;) )

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Thank you, I feel like I am in good hands.

Got myself assigned the parts, here we go!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 7th, 2019, 3:38 pm Got myself assigned the parts, here we go!
:oops: sorry, I should have done that immediately yesterday evening, but I forgot. But good you managed, so you are familiarizing yourself with the MW now :thumbs:

Happy recording

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Yeah it was a good way to learn my way around, so all good! Night Fourth already recorded...now just editing. Thanks again!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 8th, 2019, 9:25 amNight Fourth already recorded...now just editing.
:shock: you're really at it, aren't you ? That's fast !!! It's surely over 30 minutes end-result.

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

Kitty wrote: March 8th, 2019, 9:27 am
KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 8th, 2019, 9:25 amNight Fourth already recorded...now just editing.
:shock: you're really at it, aren't you ? That's fast !!! It's surely over 30 minutes end-result.

Sonia
Easily! To set expectations, I have a couple before this guy on the editing list but I was definitely eager to see what I was getting myself into. Long, but I wanted to take on in the future some epic poetry that I've found that's not catalogued and this is the perfect kind of practice...the endurance needed!

Looking at chapters 6 and 7, I think, the ones with the prefaces, I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to read them with the poem or split them into a different section...I know, more sections! But maybe a listener just wants the poetry so they can skip? Anyway, just something that came up as I'm getting more familiar with the text. With this project, I may just leave as is, but maybe I know how I would do my own project.

Thanks!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 8th, 2019, 12:49 pmLong, but I wanted to take on in the future some epic poetry that I've found that's not catalogued and this is the perfect kind of practice...the endurance needed!
so true. I remember reading some chapters from the Kalevala, and that was long too. But luckily one can make breaks in-between and resume recording after a rest. 8-)
Looking at chapters 6 and 7, I think, the ones with the prefaces, I'm trying to decide whether or not I want to read them with the poem or split them into a different section...I know, more sections! But maybe a listener just wants the poetry so they can skip? Anyway, just something that came up as I'm getting more familiar with the text. With this project, I may just leave as is, but maybe I know how I would do my own project.
I don't mind if you split them into more sections. You can easily add sections to the MW. Are the prefaces long enough to make a section ? Then it would probably be good to split, because the poems shouldn't exceed 74 minutes per section.

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

They would be shorter files, maybe 5-10 minutes from a eyeball of it. Let’s do it then if you agree. I think I can manage the MW if I’m given the two extra sections.
Josh Kibbey