silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL
~ Larry
Annada

Post by Annada »

Hi,
I would like to do section 20 if it is still available. I already finished recording actually.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitadventures_20_cory_128kb.mp3 (3:09)

I just got a new mic, and this short and cute section seemed perfect for a first audiobook trial. This is without noice reduction, which sounded best to me, but if preferred I can still apply some. Thank you!
Annada

Post by Annada »

i just realized that at the end of the section 'end of bad luck' would have been correct instead of 'end of chapter 20' :? it's a silly little mistake of mine. Should I do it over?
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Annada wrote: March 8th, 2019, 1:28 pm Hi,
I would like to do section 20 if it is still available. I already finished recording actually.
https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitadventures_20_cory_128kb.mp3 (3:09)

I just got a new mic, and this short and cute section seemed perfect for a first audiobook trial. This is without noice reduction, which sounded best to me, but if preferred I can still apply some. Thank you!
Hi, Anna!

Well, I do appreciate your enthusiasm and am glad to have you reading for this book. But, we do strongly prefer that you request a section before recording and submitting it. This is just part of good LibriVox practice, and there some good reasons for it.

Nonetheless, I am happy to assign this section to you since it is still open. :)

Before I put it in for proof listening, however, I will ask that you change the format from stereo to mono. If you are in Audacity, just export it again, but select mono. While you're at it, I would amplify it by about -2 dB as this is right at the top of our range. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB. Yours comes in at 91.3 dB . Since you mentioned noise reduction, my opinion is that this would indeed benefit from some, although probably within the acceptable range.

Just another tip -- instead of generating the silence at the beginning and end, it is better to let the recording go so the ambient background matches the rest of the recording, and just trim it to five seconds. It is a bit jarring for the listener to go from that to absolute silence. I used to do that until someone pointed it out to me.

These are all just suggestions, though. The only thing that must be changed is the change to mono which is a LV requirement for all recordings. Upload your new file and post here, then I'll put it in the MW for PL. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, "End of Chapter 20" is the correct "outro." :thumbs:

Reading does sound good, though.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

~ Larry
Annada

Post by Annada »

silverquill wrote: March 8th, 2019, 8:17 pm
Annada wrote: March 8th, 2019, 1:28 pm Hi,

Hi, Anna!

Well, I do appreciate your enthusiasm and am glad to have you reading for this book. But, we do strongly prefer that you request a section before recording and submitting it. This is just part of good LibriVox practice, and there some good reasons for it.

Nonetheless, I am happy to assign this section to you since it is still open. :)

Before I put it in for proof listening, however, I will ask that you change the format from stereo to mono. If you are in Audacity, just export it again, but select mono. While you're at it, I would amplify it by about -2 dB as this is right at the top of our range. Our target is 89 dB with a range of 86-92 dB. Yours comes in at 91.3 dB . Since you mentioned noise reduction, my opinion is that this would indeed benefit from some, although probably within the acceptable range.

Just another tip -- instead of generating the silence at the beginning and end, it is better to let the recording go so the ambient background matches the rest of the recording, and just trim it to five seconds. It is a bit jarring for the listener to go from that to absolute silence. I used to do that until someone pointed it out to me.

These are all just suggestions, though. The only thing that must be changed is the change to mono which is a LV requirement for all recordings. Upload your new file and post here, then I'll put it in the MW for PL. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, "End of Chapter 20" is the correct "outro." :thumbs:

Reading does sound good, though.
Thank you for the tips Silverquill!
I will definitely use them in the feature.
I'll post a correct recording soon.
Sunbeard

Post by Sunbeard »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

There are a lot more in this series, so more to come.
Thanks for these!!
In the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
ellies

Post by ellies »

Hi, here are my first 2 recordings!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitadventures_02_cory_128kb.mp3 03:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitadventures_03_cory_128kb.mp3 03:29

will get others recorded soon-great fun, just been busy

ellies
"The pure joy of reading and sharing with others, must never be taken for granted"- Elaine Conway 2018
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

ellies wrote: March 12th, 2019, 5:36 am Hi, here are my first 2 recordings!

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitadventures_02_cory_128kb.mp3 03:07

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/jackrabbitadventures_03_cory_128kb.mp3 03:29

will get others recorded soon-great fun, just been busy

ellies
No worries!
Grateful for your participation. :)
In the MW Ready for PL
~ Larry
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL.