[COMPLETE] The Lost Continent by CJ Cutcliffe Hyne - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Foon

Post by Foon »

Chapter 6 is spot PL OK
Chapter 8 is PL OK, good chapter :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Just a quick post to let you know that I am still here. Long work week, with a couple more days to go. I have things recorded up through Chapter 15, so should be posting some more by the end of the weekend.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Oh dear, I completely forgot I still had a chapter to listen to :oops: Or maybe I did listen and forgot to post..
I have a bit more free time coming up so I'll try to be more timely with PLing, and will try to get chapter 9 done tomorrow (it's bed time over here!)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Chapter 9 is PL OK!

One thing though. I just realised that the author name in the thread title and everywhere else is not the same, Cutliffe vs. Cutcliffe. Could you check that you're saying the correct name? I need to sleep now, can check the files tomorrow if needed.

Readers needed:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: March 7th, 2019, 3:46 pm Chapter 9 is PL OK!

One thing though. I just realised that the author name in the thread title and everywhere else is not the same, Cutliffe vs. Cutcliffe. Could you check that you're saying the correct name? I need to sleep now, can check the files tomorrow if needed.
Looking at the Wikipedia article, and also at book covers, it is definitely "Cutcliffe" and I am pretty sure that I have been saying it wrong. I will check, then correct, if needed, and set for spot PL. Shouldn't take long to spot PL them and I will make the correction on future chapters before upload.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sounds good! Sorry for only noticing it now :(

Readers needed:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: March 8th, 2019, 1:57 am Sounds good! Sorry for only noticing it now :(
Easy edit, and only 1 per chapter. I did a recording recently that had a name of a college that was one vowel sound off from an actual college. I caught in my edits, but I had done about 50/50 on my pronunciations. Luckily, I could pull a correct one from within the same recording and paste in as needed, so the voice matched well, but I think that was the worst I have run into.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

I have corrected the name on the sections 00-09 and set them as ready for Spot PL

I have uploaded section 10
https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/lostcontinent_10_hyne_128kb.mp3
Duration 29:34
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Foon

Post by Foon »

Sorry for the delay in PL!
Section 0-9 spot PL OK :thumbs:
Will listen to the other two now.

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Chapter 10 and 11 are PL OK :thumbs:

Readers needed:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: March 18th, 2019, 3:24 am Chapter 10 and 11 are PL OK :thumbs:
Great! I will get my editing hat on and get some more uploaded. I am a couple chapters away from finishing the recording. Have had a ton of wind lately, so recording has been hit and miss.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Foon

Post by Foon »

Boomcoach wrote: March 18th, 2019, 5:52 am Have had a ton of wind lately, so recording has been hit and miss.
Yeah, I know that feeling--construction works right outside my window started today, which is really hitting my recording time :?

Readers needed:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page