Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

49-50 PL OK.
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

MaryAnn and Craig: I would now like to record several Westerns by Frank Spearman. The first will be "Whispering Smith". Any volunteers for Coordinator and Prooflistener?
Would enjoy continuing as DPL.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

craigdav1 wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 11:27 am
MaryAnn and Craig: I would now like to record several Westerns by Frank Spearman. The first will be "Whispering Smith". Any volunteers for Coordinator and Prooflistener?
Would enjoy continuing as DPL.
And I would be happy to continue as MC!

Congratulations Bob!

I'll get started cataloging, and add that sentence to the summary.

MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn and Craig" Great--to have you two again. (I am a long retired hospital director who did a lot of acting over the years. I enjoy the western genre, but find most of the pre-1923 examples don't hold up very well. Frank Spearman appeals to me most, and a number of his books are in Project Gutenburg, but not yet in Librivox. So I will turn to several of those. After tennis each morning, I enjoy recording for about an hour most days. My wife then does a listening edit for word correction. I have lost some voice resonance but have gotten somewhat better with the recording techniques over these recording months.)

I will work on launching my project for "Whispering Smith".
Bob Rollins
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Bob,

That explains why you are such a steady reader! Glad that both you and your wife are enjoying LV!

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-crossing-by-winston-churchill/

We'll see you on the launch pad when you're ready to start your next audio adventure!

MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn: I filled out the launch pad form, and clicked the final button for a number assignment---but failed to note it. Can you access the completed form? Bob
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Bob,

Unfortunately I need the code to find the filled out form.

You also need to paste everything that the form generator gives you (not just the code) so that we can create the first post for your next project. If you want to try again, when you get the "output", you can point your mouse anywhere in the block of text, hit the right mouse button and pick "select all", then type CTRL-C (for copy), come over here and use CTRL-P (paste) to drop it in a post in this thread, and I can take it from there.

MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

MaryAnn: I am having trouble "launching". I complete the form. I click the bottom right for a code. It takes me to a form headed "Solo Project Template. Copy From Here To the Bottom of the Page." I don't see a code number. (Can I not recover the completed form?) BobR
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

BobR wrote: March 6th, 2019, 7:26 am It takes me to a form headed "Solo Project Template. Copy From Here To the Bottom of the Page."
Bob,

It's that whole form that you need to copy and paste here. That includes the code, and all the information I need to create the post here on the forum for your new book.

MaryAnn
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

We can also approach this another way.

Can you post a link to the book you want to read? I can then complete the form and start a project thread for you.

MaryAnn
BobR

Post by BobR »

This is the the link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whispering_Smith
In Project Gutenburg it is EBook # 29572
Whispering Smith by Frank Spearman
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Thanks Bob.

Your new project is here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=74160