[COMPLETE] The Book of Jubilees by Robert Charles - annise

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Okay. I finally got the first chapter uploaded and in the MW.

File duration is 08:22.

As far as I know I have got all the steps done, but please let me know if I missed anything or if the recording quality is bad or clipping or anything like that.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I finished the section MW, so you have a guide in future, You need to put the duration in, that's a quick check that the space gremlins don't eat the ends in transit, the files get moved a bit before reaching the catalogue
The bit that says Assigned is changed to "ready for PL" and makes it easier for the DPL to keep track of their jobs
We don't have a DPL at the moment, but I checked your file and it's great. It is louder than our normal range but I can adjust that if need be when cataloguing - low volumes are more difficult to adjust without losing sound quality by clipping

So keep on, and we will see if we get a DPL now there is something to work with.

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Hey. Got the next chapter done, but for some reason it says I don't have access to the MW, so i can't update it myself. Just to be safe I'm leaving the info here.

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/bookofjubilees_02_charles_128kb.mp3

9:05
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

did you do this ?
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxWB83bbALTQYjlENGZ0SVJUWWs. You should be able to access the MW if you did.

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

It didnt let me go to the login screen before, it just said something like, "You do not have permission to access." but it doesn't matter, I am now in and MW is updated.
kawatara

Post by kawatara »

I can DPL this project!
Ethan
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

That would be great, I'll give you MW access

Anne
kawatara

Post by kawatara »

Sections 1 and 2 are PL OK!
Ethan
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Hey! So, I have a problem. I recorded chapter 3, and started recording chapter 4, but there are issues with this translation. I have seen other Robert Charles translations in apps and from other sources, and there are issues with some of the words used. This is minor but for example using the word table instead of tablet when talking about stones that are written on. Not too big a deal.

However the translation I was told to read from has many issues using the correct names of geneology and the bloodlines of the people in the texts. So how do I continue? Do I use the source I was told to, knowing that the information is incorrect, or do I replace the incorrect information with the corrected information even though it doesnt come from the source material i was told to use?

I am happy to continue this project, but I dont want to sacrifice the accuracy of the content in the process. I will await further instructions. Thank you.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just to get things straight. We can only accept texts at LibriVox that we know are public domain. We don't tell you to read a certain text, We just tell you we can not accept any text that we cannot know is public domain in the USA, either because we can see a scan showing a date before 1924 or because it has been cleared by a source that we know is reputable.
If you aren't happy with the PD source that was found, you can not change it, you must either read it as is or not read it for LV.
Every translation claims its own copyright, the date of the original document is not relevant at all.

Hope that clears up your question

Anne
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Without getting into boring details I have resolved the issue. It was a problem with the files i downloaded for the text. We are good. Sorry for the false alarm.

I will post chapter three as soon as edits are complete.
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Sorry for the delay but the MW has been updated with chapters 3, 4, & 5.

Editing is getting a little easier, but still not as fast as I would like.

Have a good day/night!
kawatara

Post by kawatara »

Chapters 3, 4,and 5 are PL OK!
Ethan
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »

Hey guys. Sorry i haven't uploaded any new chapters lately. I haven't had any time or peace to record. Just checking in. Hopefully I have some free time soon. We'll see. Thanks much.
timetravel718

Post by timetravel718 »