Credit the MC's, and BC's

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Okay guys so call me crazy but i was thinking what one person does more work on theses books then anyone else and does not get credited? The BC! Don't you think that there should be a credits at the end of the book crediting our fantastic BC MC ECT.? Reply if you agree!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Last time I brought a book I didn't notice a list of credits that got past the author and the publishing company, should we mention the typist, the proof reader , the modern equivalent of the type setter , the person who planted the tree, the one who cut it down, the one who drove the timber truck etc to make the paper, the power workers ....
Without all these people and many more I would not have been able to read the book

Anne
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

No. We don't think that:
ToddHW wrote: January 26th, 2019, 2:56 am [..] The arguments for and against have been considered. The decision is that we won't allow audio credits for non-readers. The voice credits are meant for listeners to be able to identify the readers, not as a means of giving credit. [..]
Thread: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=73461
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

(moved this thread out of Languages Other than English to Suggestions, Comments, News & Discussion)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Sorry that was in the wrong thread Trica, I meant to put it in the one your moved it to. IDK i just know that i work with some AMAZING BC's and i think that they should be credited. IE Annise, Caroline, ToodHW, Phil, ECT. And think that they should be credited in the recording. Sorry if i bothered y'all :D
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

They are credited on the catalogue page already. As someone who constantly BCs five or six different books all at once, this is perfectly sufficient for me. When I choose to BC a book, it's because I enjoy something about the book and think it's worth sharing to a wider audience, not to get any kind of recognition.

As a listener, I think it would be tedious listening to one voice credit after another when I just want to hear the book. And not all of our BCs do any recording at all. It wouldn't make sense to ask them to record themselves just for an audio credit, when they already are on the catalogue page.
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

No problem. Thanks for thinking of the BC & MCs but as has been mentioned, we think the actual recorders should be the ones that can be searched for. Stay cool and keep recording!!

Happy Mardi Gras from Louisiana Image

Blues Brothers is the best I could find
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

MCs, BCs, and PLs won’t mean anything to the average audiobook listener, but they are treasured up in the hearts of those who know and understand.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Well I guess that the best we can do is:

THANK YOU TO ALL THE BC'S AND MC'S FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!! :clap: <clapping> Is is very appreciated! :D <smile>