COMPLETE [DRAM READ] Crime and Punishment by Dostoyevsky-maryann

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Piotrek81 wrote: March 4th, 2019, 8:03 am Given Benderca's answer, do you want me to wait for her lines?
I believe chapter 2 can be safely PLed. Her lines are there. If I do need to swap them for a backup reader it would just be a spot check in the few places she has lines.
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 6 is also ready for PL. I skipped chapter 5 for now since there is a known missing narrator line. I'll come back to that one after I get caught up on the ones we believe are complete.

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/crimeandpunishment_06_dostoyevsky_128kb.mp3 26:03

This will be my only one today. Family is busy and I have a meeting this evening. Chapter 7 tomorrow. :D
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

Chapter 6 is PL OK :thumbs: I'll listen to Chapter 2 tomorrow.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

Hello,

I would like to help with editing, if that's alright.
linny

Post by linny »

bhavya wrote: March 5th, 2019, 3:00 am Hello,

At this time there is really only a couple of chapters to edit. Maybe once Mary starts recording again there will be more. At this time I'm almost caught up.
linny

Post by linny »

bhavya

Post by bhavya »

linny wrote: March 5th, 2019, 8:17 am
bhavya wrote: March 5th, 2019, 3:00 am Hello,

At this time there is really only a couple of chapters to edit. Maybe once Mary starts recording again there will be more. At this time I'm almost caught up.
OK :thumbs:
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I listened to chapter 2. That Marmeladov's part :shock: :clap:

I only found 2 rather small things:
43:07 Marmeladov's lines TEXT: Are you sorry for me, sir, AUDIO: Are you NOT sorry. The same phrase is correctly repeated immediately after, so it's an easy fix :)
44:03 Marmeladov's lines TEXT: Crucified on a cross AUDIO: Crucified on a crosseD.
Want to hear some PREPARATION TIPS before you press "record"? Listen to THIS and THIS
linny

Post by linny »

Piotrek81 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 9:43 am I listened to chapter 2. That Marmeladov's part :shock: :clap:

I only found 2 rather small things:
43:07 Marmeladov's lines TEXT: Are you sorry for me, sir, AUDIO: Are you NOT sorry. The same phrase is correctly repeated immediately after, so it's an easy fix :)
44:03 Marmeladov's lines TEXT: Crucified on a cross AUDIO: Crucified on a crosseD.
Thank you for those catches. Ready for spot PL.

I agree, Jim did a wonderful job with Marmeladov. It made editing such a long section much easier to get through.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

PL OK now :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Chapter 8 is also ready for PL. I struggled a bit with the volume for Ilya Petrovitch. The audio sounds muffled but the volume level reports as the same as everyone else. Please let me know if you think there are any parts which should be adjusted.

Thank you for all of your help. I hope you are enjoying the story.

More tomorrow.
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

I'll PL more of the sections either tomorrow or on Thursday. I read C&P in Polish translation in high school, though I can't remember if I liked it back then (which probably meant I didn't). That project may be a good way to revisit the book.
linny

Post by linny »

Piotrek81 wrote: March 5th, 2019, 12:55 pm I'll PL more of the sections either tomorrow or on Thursday. I read C&P in Polish translation in high school, though I can't remember if I liked it back then (which probably meant I didn't). That project may be a good way to revisit the book.
This is my first time with it so it's all a surprise to me.

The correction for the chapter 9 narrator was a really simple edit so chapter 9 is also ready for PL. :mrgreen: Chapter 10 is ready as well. Now I'm really finished for the day. Even my cat is fussing at me to leave the office. :lol:
Last edited by linny on March 5th, 2019, 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
linny

Post by linny »

linny wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 7:27 am Mary, when you have a moment please let me know what you want to do about Zossimov. There is a line missing and it doesn't look as if the reader is coming back. He is the last reader needed for 5 out of his 6 chapters.
:help:
Mary / MaryAnn,
I propose adding the line as a narrator pickup in chapter 12. The character is well done and it seems a shame to discard it all for a single line. Also, it would give me more completed chapters to edit and we wouldn't need to find a new reader. What do you think?

Narrator: Pyotr Petrovitch asked of Zossimov.
Zossimov: "N-no,"
Narrator: mumbled Zossimov;
Zossimov: "you may amuse him."
Narrator: He yawned again.

(PM sent 2/27)
Piotrek81

Post by Piotrek81 »

PL for chapter 7:
1:27 Raskolnikov's lines. TEXT: Raskolnikov... here, I brought you the pledge AUDIO: Raskolnikov here, I brough you the pledge. (It does make a certain difference, I think).
16:13 Narrator's lines TEXT: but the unknown began to speak and he recovered himself at once. AUDIO "he" is missing
16:30 Koch's lines TEXT: Alyona Ivanovna....Lizaveta Ivanovna" AUDIO: Ivanova. (No idea if it can be fixed, given that you don't go back to readers, but since you wanted to be exact about names, I'm reporting it).