COMPLETE[PLAY]The Lying Lover by Steele - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote: February 26th, 2019, 4:49 amProbably. You remember that I'm a doctor? One of the professional hazards is catching coughs from patients! However, this is also the reason I'm not doing general recording at the moment! I'm strictly doing highwaymen and invalids only! ;)
:lol: good choice.

I actually thought doctors were kinda immune to all this.

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Mostly immune! The first year I got sick all the time, since then I get sick about once a year, except in really bad years. But lately I've been sick a lot more and it takes longer each time to throw it off.

So yesterday I finally did it - I activated my retirement plan. In a couple of months I'll be semi-retired, which means I'll stop working in the Emergency Department (ER to Americans) and I'll just do babies and premature newborn nursery work.

This change has been coming for a while, and will take some adjustments, but I hope overall it will give me more time for LV!
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Elizabby wrote: February 25th, 2019, 11:28 pm Funny, I only just realised that Storm and Charcoal are in league together - the two Aussies are conspiring against the rest of you! :twisted:
Not the Da Vinci Code so much as the Pro Hart Code, huh?
Elizabby wrote: February 25th, 2019, 11:28 pm Here's Storm, the highwayman!
Elizabby wrote: February 26th, 2019, 4:49 am Probably. You remember that I'm a doctor?
I can just hear your colleagues discussing you now...

“We’re really going to have to send Beth on a sabbatical, you know. Every time she does a blood draw, she shouts “Stand and deliver!”, and it’s curdling the patient’s blood.”

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 26th, 2019, 4:32 pmNot the Da Vinci Code so much as the Pro Hart Code, huh?
is that an Australian insider joke ?

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kitty wrote: February 27th, 2019, 12:52 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 26th, 2019, 4:32 pmNot the Da Vinci Code so much as the Pro Hart Code, huh?
is that an Australian insider joke ?
Sort of. Pro Hart is an Australian artist famous for very abstract art.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote: February 28th, 2019, 12:13 amSort of. Pro Hart is an Australian artist famous for very abstract art.
ah ok thanks. Didn't know the guy. I'm not too fond of abstract art either, maybe that's why :lol:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Abstract? Judge for yourself...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qb4n8yc2so

Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: February 28th, 2019, 2:00 am Abstract? Judge for yourself...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8qb4n8yc2so
:shock: ok he is the Australian Pollock, why didn't you say so. They should put a warning on this video. :?

Really not my thing :lol:

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Charcoal, Act 4 completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_charcoal_4_128kb.mp3

Actually, Charcoal asked me if I had any Sodium Hypobromite.

I said, "NaBrO".

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm Charcoal, Act 4 completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_charcoal_4_128kb.mp3

I said, "NaBrO".
:lol:

and I had to laugh out loud the moment I heard your voice. What did you do, pinch your nose throughout the performance ? Is that so alchemists won't inhale the fumes too much ? ;) excellent job and a wonderfully funny character.

PL ok, straightaway. Thanks Chris !

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: March 3rd, 2019, 6:43 am
SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 10:36 pm Charcoal, Act 4 completed: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/lyinglover_charcoal_4_128kb.mp3

I said, "NaBrO".
:lol:

and I had to laugh out loud the moment I heard your voice. What did you do, pinch your nose throughout the performance ? Is that so alchemists won't inhale the fumes too much ? ;) excellent job and a wonderfully funny character.

PL ok, straightaway. Thanks Chris !

Sonia
I’m not exactly sure what it says about me ... nothing good, I’m sure ... but that voice was done without any nose-pinching at all.

Perhaps I should call it my “Fume-Hood Voice”.

Cheers,
Chris
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ooh, Simon has a very exciting life in this act. Finding corpses, getting mugged, you are falling from one suprise into the other, Alan :mrgreen: very nicely played, especially the panicked moments. :thumbs:

PL ok and I think Simon is now in the box. :)

thank you

Sonia
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: March 4th, 2019, 2:44 am ooh, Simon has a very exciting life in this act. Finding corpses, getting mugged, you are falling from one suprise into the other, Alan :mrgreen: very nicely played, especially the panicked moments. :thumbs:

PL ok and I think Simon is now in the box. :)
Thanks Sonia. A small role but quite fun :lol:
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose