[COMPLETE][DR]Dave Brings Home A Wife, by Steele Rudd-kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the files, Beth, and for the nice reading, Zoe. :)
Elizabby wrote: January 20th, 2019, 11:15 pmIn the end ZoeTrang was the one to read it (my second daughter) fortunately I don't think she knows what it means to "throw your sponge up"!
I don't really know what it means either :lol: I thought it would be kinda like "giving up" ? :hmm: But maybe this is Australian slang and means something else.

In any case, young Reagan is quite feisty for his age, handling knives and offering to cut down hanged people. :thumbs: Well done, Zoe.

You gave us two versions of "Rot !" at the end, is there one you prefer or should the editor choose ?

PL ok in any case.

Sonia
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

No preference really - that's my fault, I usually get the girls to record a few versions then I do their editing a choose the best one. In this case I must have missed one duplicate!

Zoe is 9yo, but yes, as her father is a surgeon she's pretty handy with a knife already! ;)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Kitty wrote: January 1st, 2019, 5:35 am
Another note for Beth as the Narrator in Chapter 11, I found a missing line that was wrongly coloured:

> at about 2:30: missing line "he went on in explanation"
Missing line inserted into narration file at 2:30. Same filename. Ready for spot PL.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/davebringshomeawife_narrator_11.mp3 (12:27)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Elizabby wrote: January 26th, 2019, 3:46 pm Missing line inserted into narration file at 2:30. Same filename. Ready for spot PL.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/davebringshomeawife_narrator_11.mp3 (12:27)
thank you, Beth, all PL ok now and Chapter 11 is now also ready to be assembled 8-)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 1st, 2019, 3:54 pmExit, apoplexin' all the way, stage left.
:shock: nothing for months and then all together ! Well this will take me some time to PL, cannot promise to do it all today. Have some of my own sections to edit. ;)

But great that we are close to finishing now.

thanks

Sonia
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Kitty wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 1:58 am :shock: nothing for months and then all together !
A Muse inspired me to finish. :wink:

Seriously, no rush to PL.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

SonOfTheExiles wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 3:13 amA Muse inspired me to finish. :wink:
well, she inspired you to finish it well. All sections PL ok.

I marvel at the amount of yelling you manage to do for hours on end. Dad Rudd surely had a problem with his high blood pressure. :lol:

So that's it, we have all the lines in, now we only need some kind soul to edit all this together to a wonderful ensemble.

Would have been fun to finish it for March Challenge. I go and make a note there ;)

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

May I try my hand at editing Chapter 16? Since this is my first time editing I will start small, and if it goes well I may be able to help out more.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 11:20 am May I try my hand at editing Chapter 16? Since this is my first time editing I will start small, and if it goes well I may be able to help out more.
thank you so much, Campbell...you know every bit helps to reach the goal. And starting small is always good.

Good luck with your first editing job and if you have any questions, pepper us with them.

I put your name in the MW at chapter 16, so we know that one is claimed

Sonia
KIBBONAFIDE

Post by KIBBONAFIDE »

I also may be able to help with editing. I wanted to try at some point. I can’t start right away so I will check back in about a week to see how it’s going!
Josh Kibbey
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

KIBBONAFIDE wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:29 pm I also may be able to help with editing. I wanted to try at some point. I can’t start right away so I will check back in about a week to see how it’s going!
super ! thanks for considering

Sonia
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

I saw that you need editors here! I have edited DR's before and would enjoy helping out again. Especially as I can't record at the moment, due to equipment problems, and yet I want to do something productive at LV! I don't want to duplicate someone else's editing, though, so just let me know which section I might best tackle!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

commonsparrow3 wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:51 pm I saw that you need editors here! I have edited DR's before and would enjoy helping out again. Especially as I can't record at the moment, due to equipment problems, and yet I want to do something productive at LV! I don't want to duplicate someone else's editing, though, so just let me know which section I might best tackle!
wonderful, thank you so much. :9:

How about Chapter 12, only 7 voices involved, would that be ok ? Two roles need a bit of volume adjustment, it's all noted in the MW.

Sonia
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Kitty wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:53 pm
commonsparrow3 wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 12:51 pm I saw that you need editors here! I have edited DR's before and would enjoy helping out again. Especially as I can't record at the moment, due to equipment problems, and yet I want to do something productive at LV! I don't want to duplicate someone else's editing, though, so just let me know which section I might best tackle!
wonderful, thank you so much. :9:

How about Chapter 12, only 7 voices involved, would that be ok ?

Sonia
Okay, Chapter 12 it is! I'll get it done by the end of the weekend!