COMPLETE[PLAY] The Country Wife by William Wycherley - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 27th, 2019, 9:57 pmGot to record the next act (always nice after an especially tough day). Let's see how many mistakes my muddled brain made this time :lol:
sorry about your tough day, hope all is well again, Campbell :)

thank you for the next act, it's really appreciated how fast you are at it. We're always happy when the narrator is in. :lol:

I found only 5 missing lines. It's more towards the end, so maybe by then you were starting to get tired.

> at about 2:41: “she writes” is still missing once, there should be 4 in a row ;)

> at about 5:41: “Exit at another door.

> at about 6:04: “Horner, aside to Lady Fidget

> at about 8:03: “Enter PINCHWIFE, who seeing her writing, steals softly behind her and looking over her shoulder, snatches the paper from her.

> at about 8:12: “Enter SPARKISH.”

thanks, only one act left !

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Kitty wrote: February 28th, 2019, 1:09 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 27th, 2019, 9:57 pmGot to record the next act (always nice after an especially tough day). Let's see how many mistakes my muddled brain made this time :lol:
sorry about your tough day, hope all is well again, Campbell :)

thank you for the next act, it's really appreciated how fast you are at it. We're always happy when the narrator is in. :lol:

I found only 5 missing lines. It's more towards the end, so maybe by then you were starting to get tired.

> at about 2:41: “she writes” is still missing once, there should be 4 in a row ;)

> at about 5:41: “Exit at another door.

> at about 6:04: “Horner, aside to Lady Fidget

> at about 8:03: “Enter PINCHWIFE, who seeing her writing, steals softly behind her and looking over her shoulder, snatches the paper from her.

> at about 8:12: “Enter SPARKISH.”

thanks, only one act left !

Sonia
Managed to fix this one, but not record the next. Hopefully tomorrow?

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_4_128kb.mp3
9:16
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

MajorToast wrote: March 1st, 2019, 12:26 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_dorilant_5_128kb.mp3
This should be better.
your Dorilants were all PL ok, what exactly did you change now ? :hmm:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: February 28th, 2019, 9:42 pm Managed to fix this one, but not record the next. Hopefully tomorrow?
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_4_128kb.mp3
thank you, all PL ok now. Very often the final act is the shortest, so it may even go faster than expected. But there's still plenty of time. With 4 acts narrators in, Tomas already has plenty on his hands to edit ;)

have a nice weekend !

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

And last one! May be the shortest act, but it had a lot of action!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_narrator_5_128kb.mp3
9:09
Campbell
MajorToast

Post by MajorToast »

Kitty wrote: March 1st, 2019, 12:29 am
MajorToast wrote: March 1st, 2019, 12:26 am https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/countrywife_dorilant_5_128kb.mp3
This should be better.
your Dorilants were all PL ok, what exactly did you change now ? :hmm:

Sonia
I saw in the MW that my levels were over 92db in act 5 so I brought the level down to acceptable level . sorry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 1st, 2019, 9:40 pmAnd last one! May be the shortest act, but it had a lot of action!
yes sorry about that, I seem to have been mistaken :lol: a lot of asides going on again. But excellently "acted out" again, especially the numerous whispers.

I did find a few things to correct though....

> at 1:03: "Pausing" - I think that is only after he speaks, so the name can be cut out

> at about 2:38: missing line: "Whispers to Mrs. PINCHWIFE, who makes signs with her hand for him to be gone"

> at about 2:55: missed line: "Enter Sir JASPER FIDGET."

> at 3:12: "Exit" - you say "exit Horner" but it's actually Sir Jasper who goes out. ;) A simple "exit" is enough, you can cut out the name

> at about 4:00: missing line: "Exit"

> at about 7:46: missing: "whispers"

> at 8:14: "aside to Quack" - you can cut out "Horner" here as it's in the middle of the speech

> at about 8:48: missing: "a dance of cuckolds" - this is a part where I would really love to have the visuals :lol:

thanks !

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

And fixed them! I made some really strange mistakes in that one! Thanks for your careful PLing!

Campbell
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 4:00 pm And fixed them! I made some really strange mistakes in that one! Thanks for your careful PLing!
thank you for the timely files and corrections :) all PL ok now. Now you can lie back and wait for it all to be assembled.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: March 2nd, 2019, 7:00 pmThank you so much for your patience! I hope the wait was worth it, for here comes Margery:
oh wow this is excellent :lol: how can anybody be soooo naive like Margery. She may actually be smarter and only play the naive to get her ways. ;) This whole script reminds me extremely of one of Molière's, especially the innocent wife part.

Wonderfully portrayed Availle, I believe this is a change from your usual repertoire. Great job.

Act 2 is already PL ok, but I have a few small notes for the other acts...

Act 3:

> at 1:15: "Pish, you jeer!" - you say "dear"

Act 4:

> at 2:16: repeat "Ay, dear bud" - can be cut out

> at 4:43: repeat "I vow, husband, he'll ne'er believe"

> at 8:51: "Well, 'tis e'en so" - you say "eleven" but this means "even" , "it's even so..."

Act 5:

> at 0:41: "but I had rather she should be angry with me than you, bud" - if I may make a suggestion for intonation, Margery here meant: "but I had rather SHE should be angry with me than YOU, bud"

> at 5:40: "pray, don't you go to make poor Mr. Horner believe to the contrary" - you say "Mr poor Horner", which sounds a bit strange

> at about 5:58: missing ALL line: "Ay, ay, ay."

> at 6:17: repeat: "And I must be a country wife still too" - can be cut out

thanks ! This is a huge boost towards the end, Margery was a central figure.

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

I sent a PM to Jonathan a few days ago asking for a progress update, but it seems he hasn't yet logged in to see it. I hope he responds by the end of next week, because otherwise I'll have to put Pinchwife back up for grabs. :(
Tomas Peter
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Gosh, I missed a lot of things this time around, very sorry 'bout that... :oops:

I've reuploaded acts 3 and 5, but I didn't get the intonation right for the even at #4, so I'll have to try that one again.
Thanks for your patience! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Availle wrote: March 4th, 2019, 5:56 pmI've reuploaded acts 3 and 5, but I didn't get the intonation right for the even at #4, so I'll have to try that one again.
thanks, Acts 3 and 5 now PL ok. Excellent patches :thumbs:

Sonia