[COMPLETE] Hurlbut's Life of Christ For Young and Old by Hurlbut - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Chapter 84 is PL OK. It sounds lovely to me, Nancy. You have a wonderful voice and expressive ability that's especially good for children but pleasant for adults as well. I heard a few slight sounds I think were mouth noises. My only partially successful way of dealing with those is to brush my teeth just before recording and take breaks to sip water to thin the saliva so my lips aren't as prone to stick together an smack. I only noticed those while listening through my best full headset earphones plugged into the computer. On a second listening on the speakers, I didn't notice anything. People listening on a portable mp3 player with ear buds probably won't notice anything.

I'm amazed to know you used "Noise Reduction." This has none of the tinny sound I get from that.

Thank you for this recording. I hope to hear more from you. :)
Pattymarie
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections12 and 92 are PL OK. Thank you Elizabeth and Sophia.
Pattymarie
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

silverquill wrote: February 25th, 2019, 8:48 am
TroubleATM wrote: February 25th, 2019, 8:10 am Can I request an extension?
By all means!
Thanks for checking in. :)
Thank you! I didn’t expect these weeks to get this busy, but I know I will be able to catch up on my recordings after March 8th.
Aleacia Messiah
SlowCyclist1

Post by SlowCyclist1 »

Thank you, silverquill! It's good to know your help is available! :)
SlowCyclist1

Post by SlowCyclist1 »

Hi pattymarie,
Thank you for your encouraging critique. I'm very glad the recording sounds nice. I appreciate the tips on how to prevent those mouth sounds and I will definitely take your advice :D

Also, I only used "Noise Reduction" to get rid of a background hum that I think comes from my laptop, so maybe that's why it didn't create a tinny sound. Or, since I only just learned how to use it (from watching Phil Chenevert's video on the topic-so helpful!) maybe it was beginners' luck :wink:

I am very much enjoying this new experience and being part of the Librivox community! In that vein, may I claim Chapters 54 & 77?

Thanks so much!
Nancy
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

SlowCyclist1 wrote: February 26th, 2019, 2:09 pm Hi pattymarie,
Thank you for your encouraging critique. I'm very glad the recording sounds nice. I appreciate the tips on how to prevent those mouth sounds and I will definitely take your advice :D

Also, I only used "Noise Reduction" to get rid of a background hum that I think comes from my laptop, so maybe that's why it didn't create a tinny sound. Or, since I only just learned how to use it (from watching Phil Chenevert's video on the topic-so helpful!) maybe it was beginners' luck :wink:

I am very much enjoying this new experience and being part of the Librivox community! In that vein, may I claim Chapters 54 & 77?

Thanks so much!
Nancy
Thank you, Nancy. The Librivox community is wonderful with so many people of such different backgrounds working together to promote literature and knowledge and, in most of the projects I participate in, the knowledge and love of God in Christ, though I thoroughly enjoyed doing word perfect proofing of the Hindu "Song Celestial" and was frustrated by being beaten, mainly because of time zone differences I think, by someone else to the same reader's recordings of the Upanishads. There is an infidels' corner, and that's cool, too. I'm sure Larry will be along to approve your new claims and put you in the MW. Enjoy.
Pattymarie
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

pattymarie wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:22 am Section 27 is PL OK except that it would be nice to snip out the seven seconds of silence between "End of section 27" and "by Jesse Lyman Hurlbut," (roughly 6:15 to 6:22). It's a little disconcerting to the listener.
I thought I edited that out, it should have ended with "end of chapter 27". I'll fix it and resend...thank you so much!
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Hello again!

regarding: Chapter 27,

I have checked the PL notes, and fixed the end of the chapter as was suggested,and uploaded the new file :clap:

Section: Chapter 27

Duration: 06:20

Link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeofchrist_027_hurlbut.mp3

-Mary
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Chapter 27 is Ready for Spot PL
Nancy, you have Sections 54 and 77 to read.

Thanks to all of you for working together!
This is going to be such a great book to have in the LV catalog for people to listen to. :D
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Section 27 is PL OK. I got that wrong by forgetting we don't need "by (the author)" at the end. Thanks, Mary.
Pattymarie
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thank you, Elijah!
These are all in the MW Ready for PL.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Thanks!
They're in.
~ Larry
pattymarie

Post by pattymarie »

Sections 48 through 52 and section 73 are PL OK. I'll mark them so in the MW over the weekend as it's very late where I am and tomorrow will be very busy. I'll get to the two new ones then, too.
Pattymarie