[COMPLETE] The Romance of Modern Mechanism by A. Williams - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

jergenhergle wrote: January 28th, 2019, 12:04 pm Thank you! Put me in the database under J. C. Harrison. I don't have a personal website so you don't have to link to anything.
Thank you :D i have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/13101

You can get started right away! Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions!
Carolin
macfixx

Post by macfixx »

A one minute test has just been posted. If approved (it may require a redo being done outside my normal environment) I would like very much to become heavily involved with this project.

Thanks.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Hi and welcome to librivox!

Thank you for posting your test recording. Someone will give you feedback shortly :)

You can already pick a section to claim if you like. That way, you can get started immediately after getting the okay on your test recording. As this is your first claim, i will add you to the reader database. To be able to sign you up, i need to know under which name or pseudonym you would like to appear in the catalog. We can also link to your personal website or blog.

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
macfixx

Post by macfixx »

Mac Fixx would be the preferred name. There is no website. Approval has been received.

Perhaps being a "newbie" and given other issues, listening/proofing would be a good place to start.

Baby steps seem to get me where I'm going faster and safer than closing my eyes and jumping off a cliff.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Sounds great!

Would you like to just listen to a chapter here and there and see how it goes or would you like to commit to being the dedicated proof listener for this book? You are welcome either way :D
Carolin
macfixx

Post by macfixx »

Allow me to identify internet access solutions before committing. A DL is the goal but must address this roadblock first. Hopefully, solutions can be in place in a week or two.

Thank you.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

No problem. Let us know when you are ready :)
Carolin
ShadowRain

Post by ShadowRain »

Section 0 is pl ok. (Just passing through. Don't mind me.)
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :D
Carolin
ColleenMc
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ColleenMc »

When you say "skip descriptions of illustrations", which do you mean?

--the captions under the actual illustrations (that say "Figure 1" etc)

--the references within the text, such as, "The side-pieces of the frame are, as will be noticed (see Fig. 3), eccentric,"

--the longer descriptions of illustrations where the text is describing some process through repeated references to the illustration, where the illustration has multiple letters on it and the text goes something like, "The water enters the system at A, then moves through B and C where it is filtered, then valve D opens and the bottle fills" (made this one up). There's an actual example in the text around page 49 where the text steps through the process of a cash register working, referring to a cutaway illustration above the paragraph (figure 1).

There isn't much of it in this book, but there's another Archibald Williams book that I thought about doing here, which is on the manufacturing processes with lots of walk-throughs of factory assembly lines and it's just chock-full of that kind of thing, and I wasn't sure how it's handled when recording audiobook versions...

Thanks,
Colleen
Colleen McMahon

No matter where you go, there you are. -- Buckaroo Banzai
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you! I meant the captions. This book mercifully doesnt contain too many charts and tables :wink:
Carolin
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Can I please claim Chapter I - Delicate Instruments?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
ShadowRain

Post by ShadowRain »

Sections 16, 18, and 24 PL ok.
Needle

Post by Needle »

Hello,
I am new to librivox and want to help out as a PL. I read through the instructions and FAQ. I see the links in the magic window for me to listen to, but it is unclear to me how I should submit any corrections I find. How should I go about it?
Thank you
Kyle