[COMPLETE]: Recollections of Imperial Russia by Meriel Buchanan - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

That "data" in the file name is very strange. I'll go back and look at it again.
Thanks for catching it!
Jan M

"There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature."
--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/recollectionsofimperialrussia_03_buchanan_128kb.mp3

Whatever happened to stuck "data" into that last string, it's corrected now. The recording was the same, just (somehow) the name incorrect.

Dave, you can spot check this to confirm that it's the same file, if that's appropriate. I have listened to it and can attest that it is the same file.

Jan
Jan M

"There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature."
--P.G. Wodehouse
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

jmoorehouse wrote: February 5th, 2019, 3:13 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/recollectionsofimperialrussia_03_buchanan_128kb.mp3
Dave, you can spot check this to confirm that it's the same file, if that's appropriate. I have listened to it and can attest that it is the same file.
Jan
The file without "data" in the file name is the same size and duration as the file with "data" in the file name. I listened to the beginnings of each file and they are identical.
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Thanks so much.
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Jan, you are doing a fantastic job! When I hear a mispronounced Russian word, I see that word misspelled in the text.
Sec.4 is a resounding PL OK! :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Many thanks for this encouragement!
Yay!
Jan :D
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

I've completed Chapter 5.
https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/recollectionsofimperialrussia_05_buchanan_128kb.mp3
38'20"

I've worked hard to get accurate pronunciations in this one--or at least more accurate.

Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.5 PL OK :thumbs:
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

jmoorehouse wrote: February 25th, 2019, 3:49 pm Chapter 6 ready for proof listen.

Long one!
Jan
Sec.6, thank you, enjoyable!
If you are feeling perfectionist today (if not, feel free to mark it PL OK):
@1:40 Alexis Bobrinsky [Bob-RINSE-key]. I hear a [kya] ending that makes it sound feminine, therefore better be fixed.
@14:10 Razumovsky [Ra-zou-MOVE-sky]. Again, I hear a [kya] ending that makes it sound feminine, therefore better be fixed.
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Oh yes I definitely want to fix those two! I have wondered if Linguatec is actually a good source for getting these phonetic pronunciations. And it may not have been Linguatec's fault my having added the ya on those two names. Channeling my inner Russian? (My dad looked like Lenin. lol)
I'm out of town and away from my microphone for a week so probably can't get back to it until I'm home. (My 91 year old mother fell and broke her neck!--literally--and as she lives alone, she needs me to sort out some new arrangements for her.
Pardon the personal narrative!
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Thank you, sec.6 PL OK :-)
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

:clap:
Chapter 7 almost ready for PL.
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/recollectionsofimperialrussia-07-buchanan-128kbl.mp3

This chapter is titled Paul. I realized that I may have put "Paul" in the section title for the metadata for chapter 6 when I repaired the two mispronounced names yesterday. I wonder if it's easier for me to re-export or if you or Craig can fix that for me somehow. And perhaps after all it's no problem. (The title should have been "Catherine: Emporer" for chapter 6.)

Thanks!
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse