COMPLETE[PLAY]Crossings: A Fairy Play by De la Mare - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

when it says the children, does that include Sallie, or is it fairy children?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

EmmaHatton wrote: February 14th, 2019, 3:03 pm when it says the children, does that include Sallie, or is it fairy children?
Yes, I believe Sallie is included in "Children".

Best way is to always record if in doubt, cuz it is easier for me to cut while editing than to hunt folks down if lines are missing.

Thanks, Todd
ofclockworkcandles

Post by ofclockworkcandles »

I can take section 4, Miss Julia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

ofclockworkcandles wrote: February 15th, 2019, 1:30 pm I can take section 4, Miss Julia
Thank you. I will hold Miss Julia until you get your One Minute Test results confirmed (see your intro email for instructions and post location). That way you will know that your recording settings are correct before you do a full character recording.

Welcome to Librivox!

Thanks, Todd
EmmaHatton

Post by EmmaHatton »

ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Perfect. And you found all the various "All" or "Children" lines too. PL OK.

I look forward to starting assembly of this play soon so I can hear you all together.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

By the way, I have recorded the stage directions and am going to start spotting in characters as they are completed.

Thanks, Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Both PL OK. I can really picture Emily with some 4 yards of bandage wrapped around a little cut on her finger. And being ever so grownup with her black hair ribbons. I like the distant call effect you did also. Nice touch.

Thanks, Todd
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

Here is 16 Fairies, numberless and innumerable, Act 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_[fairies_numberless_and_innumerable]_[5]_128kb.mp3

It's two lines. I actually recorded them twice here, once with doubled voices so it's more like a crowd, and once with just one voice. Not sure about the rules :D
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 4:14 am Here is 16 Fairies, numberless and innumerable, Act 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_[fairies_numberless_and_innumerable]_[5]_128kb.mp3

It's two lines. I actually recorded them twice here, once with doubled voices so it's more like a crowd, and once with just one voice. Not sure about the rules :D
Thank you. I will listen and decide which to use. Or even both - there are no rules....

When you do file names, the [ ] are not included - they are just to show you what items you have to customize (as you properly did). It doesn't matter here since I take your lines and put them into the single master file for each act, but for books etc where your file would go straight into the catalog, don't use the [ ].

Thanks, Todd
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

ToddHW wrote: February 24th, 2019, 5:41 am
Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 4:14 am Here is 16 Fairies, numberless and innumerable, Act 5: https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_[fairies_numberless_and_innumerable]_[5]_128kb.mp3

Thank you. I will listen and decide which to use. Or even both - there are no rules....

When you do file names, the [ ] are not included - they are just to show you what items you have to customize (as you properly did). It doesn't matter here since I take your lines and put them into the single master file for each act, but for books etc where your file would go straight into the catalog, don't use the [ ].

Thanks, Todd
Got it, thank you, Todd! I'll fix that from now on.

Here's Mrs Budge, Act 4. She's some sort of country folk lady, so I also recorded her twice... first version is more UK country folk, and second is more US country. I'm not sure about the other readers :) Please let me know if anything at all can be improved!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_mrs_budge_4_128kb.mp3 03:30
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Nichalia wrote: February 24th, 2019, 6:18 am Here's Mrs Budge, Act 4. She's some sort of country folk lady, so I also recorded her twice... first version is more UK country folk, and second is more US country. I'm not sure about the other readers :) Please let me know if anything at all can be improved!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/crossingsafairyplay_mrs_budge_4_128kb.mp3 03:30
I like the UK version and will use that. PL OK; you did record part of a stage direction but I can cut that out easily when I edit. Nicely done.

Thanks, Todd