COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
graceike

Post by graceike »

ToddHW wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 1:05 pm
graceike wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 12:39 pm may I claim the bride section?
I can note that section down for you, but please complete the One Minute Test (see your intro email) and get it reviewed over in the correct forum before your claim is finalized. That will make sure that your settings are correct so we can use your reading.

What name do you want to use for the catalog? It can be the same as your forum name or something else.

Thanks, Todd
Yes, I will complete the one minute test. My name can appear as the same as my forum name. Thanks so much!
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

The Grandmother is PL OK :thumbs:

The blonde young lady has one missing line:
at 1:05, insert " That was the old Count?"

Thanks,
Bhavya
LexHankins

Post by LexHankins »

(Post deleted, long story)
--
Lex (she/her)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Foon wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 10:41 amHere's Sabine for The Flying Doctor:
thank you, Foon, Sabine is the perfect scheming confidante :thumbs: well played, nothing missing. PL ok immediately.

Sonia
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Can I have the Stage Directions for The Grandmother and The Stranger in A Dollar? Sorry if they've been claimed already, this is sort of hectic :lol:.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
Averagemoe

Post by Averagemoe »

Here's that voice credit thing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/credit.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Averagemoe wrote: February 24th, 2019, 2:19 pm Here's that voice credit thing.

https://librivox.org/uploads/covers/credit.mp3
Thank you. It would have been better to add this in to the file you'd already submitted so that I have fewer files to work with, and since we're still in the very early stages of this play. But since you've already submitted it, I can work with this.

Also, this recording is still in stereo, as your first one was. And again, I can work with this. Since I have to combine all the parts together, I can convert your file to the correct format. But- and this I can't stress enough- you must fix your settings before you submit any more recordings, especially any sections in regular books, as opposed to plays. We would be unable to use anything in the format you've given for a typical project. If you're using Audacity, this page will walk you through how to fix your settings. I recommend following the instructions there, then posting a test in Listeners and Editors Wanted for feedback.

Lastly, please pay attention to the required file name, given in the first post of each project. Again, this is slightly less important in a play or dramatic work, but crucial in anything else. I've just realized that your files each have one-word, very simple file names. But in a system like ours, where multiple people are submitting different files all the time, we have to be very specific with naming, so that files aren't overwritten and everything plays correctly.

Thanks again for contributing to this play! I hope to see you in future projects, once you've worked out your settings! :)

ETA: Todd, you can go ahead and mark this role PL ok. I've already saved both these files and checked to make sure they'll copy over ok into the format we need without messing anything up.
Last edited by mightyfelix on February 24th, 2019, 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sonia, your recording of Fanny is PL ok. Thank you! And thanks for catching the "All" lines that I missed. Now I know to look for them when the rest of the roles are submitted! :wink:
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

Could I read 46 - The Heroine in "A Dollar" please? :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

-Jenn B.
My Recordings
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

As well as the lines for The Vivacious Girl

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/grandmother_vivaciousgirl_biro.mp3
1:19
-Jenn B.
My Recordings
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you all. MW updated.

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

jennlea wrote: February 24th, 2019, 7:44 pm Here are the Miss Tomkins lines:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_misstomkins_ryan.mp3
2:13
Thanks so much! You've done a great job portraying this coquettish young lady. I can just see her batting her eyelashes at poor Mr. Twisselton. :) Only one missing line:

1:36 "Hark! I hear my guardian on the stairs--you will grant me this small favor, will you not?"
jennlea

Post by jennlea »

Thanks, Devorah!

Here is the corrected recording with the missing line added:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_misstomkins_ryan.mp3
2:20
-Jenn B.
My Recordings