tracks transferring to mp3 player in wrong order

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
nebutron

Post by nebutron »

Hello. I am new to Librivox. I really like it so far. I had an issue with files transferring to my mp3 player in the wrong order. I would get the zip file, unzip it, then choose select all and transfer the files to the mp3 player. Sometimes they would be in order on my player, sometimes not. I have a Sandisk 8G mp3 player. I googled this problem and it turns out that alot of people who use mp3 players to listen to audiobooks have the same problem. There are programs or apps one can download that will resolve it, or so some gurus on tech boards say. I am kind of old school and low tech and wasn't interested in that so I tried something else. I transferred the files one at a time in the correct order. it works. from reading postings on the tech boards i discovered that what was happening, in my case anyway, was that the files were ordered by the time they were created, oldest file first and so on. you can look at this if you right click on the file and then click on properties. so if track 6 was created first then it becomes the first file. dumb, huh? by transferring them one at a time they appear exactly in the order they are transferred. i am posting this in case someone else has the same issue and like me, doesnt care to learn about supermetadatatagging thingies. thanks ben
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

Try renaming the files with a numerical index first and ensure the title tag also has a numerical index.
I did this on my sandisk and it worked.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
kayray

Post by kayray »

I'm glad you found a solution, Ben, even if it is kind of annoying :)
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Can you tell me the name of a book that did not load correctly? My MP3 player puts files in order by track number and it would be interesting to see if there might be a numbering issue.
Tom Penn