[COMPLETE]World's Story 5: Italy, France, Spain, Portugal - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Hypatia

Post by Hypatia »

Hi Sonia,

Here is the last section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_113_tappan_128kb.mp3 (15:31)

Apologies for the delay, life got in the way.

Cheers,
Hypatia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Hypatia wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 2:13 pm Here is the last section:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume05_113_tappan_128kb.mp3 (15:31)
no need to apologize at all Hypatia. Actually there was no delay yet, you still had 2 full weeks before you even reached your deadline. You were in fact early ;) but I'm happy that you managed to deliver that fast.

And we can all rejoice: both sections are flawlessly read and PL ok on the first go. :clap: wonderful narrations, both of them. And highly interesting, especially the shocking tale about the survivors of the Armada. Never thought they'd been treated that awfully. :shock: Thank you so much for both and I'm happy to hear you again in the next part :9:

and wow, so now we have reached the end of yet another interesting book about European history. I learnt a great many details that I didn't know yet, even though I've visited many of those sites.

And here it comes, the long-awaited wrapping-up thank you speech :mrgreen:

Book 5 has been recorded by no less that 28 different readers, which will be colour-coded here below in alphabetical order. I know each of you is eager to see their names in colour ;)

The names in Red are those who have participated in each of the 5 books, those in Blue have been in 4 books, those in Green have participated in 3 books, those in Pink have been in 2 books at least, and those remaining in plain Black have had their debut here in this one (but hopefully not for the last time):

Adamsantoni / adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / bluechien / BurgundyGrace / catharmaiden / ColleenMC / Denisette / Fishfish / Foon / Hypatia / Iunta4Ios / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / Leni / Lmnei / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / realisticspeakers / Roger / SaraHale / silverquill / SonOfTheExiles / thestorygirl / WiltedScribe

This time we only had one brand-newbie joining our group, so a special welcome once again to Adamsantoni ! Hopefully many more sections to come.

A few cornerstones of this project were:

1) Devorah worked extremely hard to grab the special mention of First PL section, so a special applause for this and her wonderful performance as Napoleon returning from Elba. :thumbs:

2) April reached the 50% mark with an extremely adventurous story of King Roderick and the magic tower. April also completed the longest section in this project, a whopping 35:41 minutes about the battle of Waterloo. Excellent job, April.

3) Jim delivered Vasco's da Gama's speech to the king of Calicut as our 100th PL ok section. And if that was not enough, Jim also gets a special mention for "most sections recorded", no less than 24 sections, plus one role in a DR. Thanks, Jim, also for PLing my sections.

A few special mentions here as well (and then I'll stop....)

> one mention goes to Pier, who ventured out to deliver his first ever recording in English about the rule of Rienzi. Extra points for daring, Pier ! Thanks.

> the creativity bonus goes to Alan who highly entertained me with his melodic interlude of the Marseillaise, in English translation, no less ! Super, Alan. Loved it !

> and I would never forget our theatre troupe who gave their best to bring the three mini-plays about Montagues and Capulets, Joan of Arc and Cardinal Richelieu to life. Thanks: Alan, Chris, Devorah, Eva, Foon, Jim, Larry, Monika, Nemo, Sarah, Tomas and I should not forget myself :lol:

> and a final special mention to Basquetteur who again found a wonderful image to put on the cover of this project. Thanks, Miguel, it looks brilliant !

That's it for now, I'll proceed to archive the project now and post the link once it's done.

Stay tuned, and I hope to hear you all in the next installment, which is already well underway.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok yesterday evening I had to break off the process, but this morning it all worked like a charm. Part 5 is complete !!! Thank you all for making it happen. :9:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-worlds-story-volume-v-italy-france-spain-and-portugal-by-eva-march-tappan/

Moving it to Completed Projects

Sonia
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 3:54 pm
Hypatia wrote: February 23rd, 2019, 2:13 pm Here is the last section:
no need to apologize at all Hypatia. Actually there was no delay yet, you still had 2 full weeks before you even reached your deadline. You were in fact early ;) but I'm happy that you managed to deliver that fast.

And we can all rejoice: both sections are flawlessly read and PL ok on the first go. :clap: wonderful narrations, both of them. And highly interesting, especially the shocking tale about the survivors of the Armada. Never thought they'd been treated that awfully. :shock: Thank you so much for both and I'm happy to hear you again in the next part :9:

and wow, so now we have reached the end of yet another interesting book about European history. I learnt a great many details that I didn't know yet, even though I've visited many of those sites.

And here it comes, the long-awaited wrapping-up thank you speech :mrgreen:

Book 5 has been recorded by no less that 28 different readers, which will be colour-coded here below in alphabetical order. I know each of you is eager to see their names in colour ;)

The names in Red are those who have participated in each of the 5 books, those in Blue have been in 4 books, those in Green have participated in 3 books, those in Pink have been in 2 books at least, and those remaining in plain Black have had their debut here in this one (but hopefully not for the last time):

Adamsantoni / adr6090 / alanmapstone / Availle / bluechien / BurgundyGrace / catharmaiden / ColleenMC / Denisette / Fishfish / Foon / Hypatia / Iunta4Ios / Kitty / knotyouraveragejo / Leni / Lmnei / mightyfelix / moniaqua / neecheelok70 / NemoR / realisticspeakers / Roger / SaraHale / silverquill / SonOfTheExiles / thestorygirl / WiltedScribe

This time we only had one brand-newbie joining our group, so a special welcome once again to Adamsantoni ! Hopefully many more sections to come.

A few cornerstones of this project were:

1) Devorah worked extremely hard to grab the special mention of First PL section, so a special applause for this and her wonderful performance as Napoleon returning from Elba. :thumbs:

2) April reached the 50% mark with an extremely adventurous story of King Roderick and the magic tower. April also completed the longest section in this project, a whopping 35:41 minutes about the battle of Waterloo. Excellent job, April.

3) Jim delivered Vasco's da Gama's speech to the king of Calicut as our 100th PL ok section. And if that was not enough, Jim also gets a special mention for "most sections recorded", no less than 24 sections, plus one role in a DR. Thanks, Jim, also for PLing my sections.

A few special mentions here as well (and then I'll stop....)

> one mention goes to Pier, who ventured out to deliver his first ever recording in English about the rule of Rienzi. Extra points for daring, Pier ! Thanks.

> the creativity bonus goes to Alan who highly entertained me with his melodic interlude of the Marseillaise, in English translation, no less ! Super, Alan. Loved it !

> and I would never forget our theatre troupe who gave their best to bring the three mini-plays about Montagues and Capulets, Joan of Arc and Cardinal Richelieu to life. Thanks: Alan, Chris, Devorah, Eva, Foon, Jim, Larry, Monika, Nemo, Sarah, Tomas and I should not forget myself :lol:

> and a final special mention to Basquetteur who again found a wonderful image to put on the cover of this project. Thanks, Miguel, it looks brilliant !

That's it for now, I'll proceed to archive the project now and post the link once it's done.

Stay tuned, and I hope to hear you all in the next installment, which is already well underway.

Sonia
Sonia,
Kudos to you and thank you very much for such kind words. :clap:
April