[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn - philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Phil has some real life issues at the moment and I'm keeping an eye on this - JayKitty will you please update the MW top priority.
Offering to run a group project is a commitment to do it first thing before posting anywhere else - BCing is not for everyone , there is no requirement for people to do any type of job here but if you chose one either do it or say you need someone else to do it - you must keep up to date with group projects.

Anne
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: February 16th, 2019, 9:05 pm Thank you Jaykitty76! I don't mean to be bossy, and I really don't mean it that way, but can you please edit the MW? It just helps me, because I usually look at my reader page's "reader section details", so I know what I should do next... whether it's editing my recordings with PL notes, or what I should record next.

Thank you
Elijah
annise wrote: February 16th, 2019, 10:41 pm Phil has some real life issues at the moment and I'm keeping an eye on this - JayKitty will you please update the MW top priority.
Offering to run a group project is a commitment to do it first thing before posting anywhere else - BCing is not for everyone , there is no requirement for people to do any type of job here but if you chose one either do it or say you need someone else to do it - you must keep up to date with group projects.

Anne
Yes, I'm so sorry! I am on here nearly every day for some period of time (save Sundays, usually) but I have been updating the MW, for some reason it doesn't seem to save.

Thank you Anne for monitoring this project right now.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Is chapter 1 See PL notes or Ready for PL? I can't figure that out, and I can't find any PL notes on that.

Chapter 29 is updated, I'm so sorry that it hasn't been changed.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

It's totally alright, no worries. I think Chapter 1 is see PL notes... I don't remember. I'm sure it's see PL notes though. I made changes to 29, 26 and 30 though.

Thank you
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi JayKitty -

I have two questions -

1. If the PL'ing is going in chrono order when are you going to get to my 2 sections 25 and 28? It seems that others have been PL'd that are higher up prior to mine being PL'd. I am aware that I did some of the PL'ing higher up to help out, I am taking about the PL'ing comments outside of what I did.

2. There are Chapters reserved for people in the notes field but their names not filled in which means they have not completed their 1 minute test yet I presume. How much longer are you going to wait for these people to get back to you? Personally, and I think it is supported by other BC's and the MC's too, they will not sign anyone up unless they have completed their 1 minute test. I think that is also fair for the current readers on Librivox too.

Lynda
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Lynda,
I'll message Lomond about your chapters- he's the DPL, and I PLed Elijah's recordings because it was an exception.

For question 2, I will return the chapters to the pool once their 2-month deadline is up.
I'll check the dates on those deadlines later today.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Hello everyone...

I've been waiting for about a week now for the MW to be updated on my recordings, and none of my sections have even been PLed in about week. I know that life might be busy, and I really don't mean to be bossy, I'm just wondering if anyone even knew... but my sections 26, 29 and 30 have all had changes made to them and should be ready for PL (26 & 30 are spot PL) although they are listed as see PL notes. I think that because the MW hasn't been updated, nobody has said a word about them PL wise. I don't mean to keep asking about the MW, for the PLers, my sections are actually ready for PL.

Thank you (I really don't mean it if this all sounds bossy, I really am trying my best not to).
Elijah
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Elijah -

Sometimes it is a waiting game -

My sections have been waiting to just be PL'd! At least I was able to PL your sections last week for you. I am going to leave the checking to the DPL and JayKitty76. I share your frustration though as this book is moving VERY slowly and also has sections assigned to people who have not even done their 1 minute test which other BC's will not do. It does not make it fair to people who want to record but are held back due to these false assignments. I have just moved on and they will get to it when they get to it.

Lynda
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I've stepped in and tidied up the MW a bit. So there are now some unclaimed sections and Elijah's 2 are ready for spot PL
Jay - you mentioned that you were editing the MW but it wouldn't stick, could you explain which fields and what you were doing? I haven't come across this problem (except when I forget to click on the save or press entry depending on which field it is) ?

Anne
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Anne -

Thanks a bunch! Perhaps move us out of Readers Found and back to Readers Needed and remove the comment below the title too about being full?

Lynda
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Edits made to Chapter 1:

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/huckfinn_01_twain_128kb.mp3 -9:28

Edit @ 3:29. Edit @ 3:47. Edit @ 5:55. Edit @ 8:00. Edit @ 9:05.

Thank you
Elijah
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

annise wrote: February 21st, 2019, 5:07 am I've stepped in and tidied up the MW a bit. So there are now some unclaimed sections and Elijah's 2 are ready for spot PL
Jay - you mentioned that you were editing the MW but it wouldn't stick, could you explain which fields and what you were doing? I haven't come across this problem (except when I forget to click on the save or press entry depending on which field it is) ?

Anne
Thanks for helping with that- I was confused as to what needed to be changed.
I think I probably just forgot to click the Save button but thought I had. I'll review what needs to go back to the pool (if anything) tomorrow- I've been really busy lately, but will have time tomorrow.
Thanks,
JayKitty
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Nichalia

Post by Nichalia »

If we're still looking for readers, can I read 3? :)
Jbholland77

Post by Jbholland77 »

Can I please have chapters 4 & 5?

Thanks!
Elisabeth