[COMPLETE] Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist/Alexander Berkman-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

onhyattus wrote: February 18th, 2019, 4:06 pm Hi

I've been cleared by Listeners and Editors.

I am ready to start at your convenience :D

Part 2: Chapter 12 "Zuchthausbluethen"

Thanks

Helena
By the way, do you want to go by Helena or onhyattus in the catalogue listings?
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
life

Post by life »

Hi, I'd love to help out. Since Helena claimed the next after OP left off, I'll jump ahead a little - maybe start with section 23? Or another if you'd prefer. I'll work forward from there, or backwards if Helena doesn't want to fill the gap. Just to give our listeners some continuity of narrator.

Grey
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

life wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:25 pm Hi, I'd love to help out. Since Helena claimed the next after OP left off, I'll jump ahead a little - maybe start with section 23? Or another if you'd prefer. I'll work forward from there, or backwards if Helena doesn't want to fill the gap. Just to give our listeners some continuity of narrator.

Grey
Wow, that would be great! Thank you, Grey! And it looks like you're one minute test was approved, so you should be ready to go!

One question though: what name do you want me to put into the catalogue listing?
PROJECTS
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
life

Post by life »

ChuckW wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:32 pm
life wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:25 pm Hi, I'd love to help out. Since Helena claimed the next after OP left off, I'll jump ahead a little - maybe start with section 23? Or another if you'd prefer. I'll work forward from there, or backwards if Helena doesn't want to fill the gap. Just to give our listeners some continuity of narrator.

Grey
Wow, that would be great! Thank you, Grey! And it looks like you're one minute test was approved, so you should be ready to go!

One question though: what name do you want me to put into the catalogue listing?
I'm happy using my real name - this username is unique for this site so not worried about doxxing on other platforms. Grey Pickett is fine. Thanks!
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

life wrote: February 19th, 2019, 7:58 am
ChuckW wrote: February 18th, 2019, 6:32 pm

Grey

I'm happy using my real name - this username is unique for this site so not worried about doxxing on other platforms. Grey Pickett is fine. Thanks!
You got it, Grey! Thanks for helping us out. :-)
PROJECTS
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

ChuckW wrote: February 18th, 2019, 5:18 pm

By the way, do you want to go by Helena or onhyattus in the catalogue listings?
Hi Chuck

By onhyattus please :)

Should be able to get my chapter over before the end of the week.
Just one question. Should I say the chapter as Part 2: xx Chapter 12 xxx or just Chapter 12:xxx?

My first project so if you or Annise have any notes, please don't hesitate to let me know.
I'm totally open to feedback :)

Thanks

Helena
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

ChuckW wrote: February 18th, 2019, 5:11 pm

I'm going to contact annise (our MC) about this, but for now I would go ahead and give us the part and chapter numbers right before the chapter title. Something like this:

"Section [#] of Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist by Alexander Berkman. This Librivox recording is in the public domain. Recorded by _____. Part [#], Chapter [#]: [chapter title]."

Hi Chuck

Lol I'm so sorry, I've just see this post (it was on the previous page and I'd gone right to the end)

Thanks

Helena
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

onhyattus wrote: February 19th, 2019, 12:17 pm
ChuckW wrote: February 18th, 2019, 5:11 pm

I'm going to contact annise (our MC) about this, but for now I would go ahead and give us the part and chapter numbers right before the chapter title. Something like this:

"Section [#] of Prison Memoirs of an Anarchist by Alexander Berkman. This Librivox recording is in the public domain. Recorded by _____. Part [#], Chapter [#]: [chapter title]."

Hi Chuck

Lol I'm so sorry, I've just see this post (it was on the previous page and I'd gone right to the end)

Thanks

Helena
Thanks Helena! :-) I've added you to the MW officially! And yes, please use the intro above at the beginning of the file; it's slightly inconsistent with the original files, but Anne and I have agreed that it should be fine.

I can't wait to hear your recording! :9:
PROJECTS
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim 37 to 40 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

2839reader wrote: February 19th, 2019, 2:13 pm Claim 37 to 40 please.
That would be amazing! :-) Thank you so much!
PROJECTS
life

Post by life »

I asked for 23, not 22. I didn't really want my first "official" recording to be "the urge of sex" lol. I'll probably claim the next few too once I get my work flow figured out, I need to find a comfortable way to put a screen in front of my face with my box and don't want to over commit until I know I know what I'm doing.

EDIT: On second thought, let me give her plenty of buffer - maybe bump me down to 30?
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

life wrote: February 19th, 2019, 9:41 pm I asked for 23, not 22. I didn't really want my first "official" recording to be "the urge of sex" lol. I'll probably claim the next few too once I get my work flow figured out, I need to find a comfortable way to put a screen in front of my face with my box and don't want to over commit until I know I know what I'm doing.

EDIT: On second thought, let me give her plenty of buffer - maybe bump me down to 30?
Haha, sorry, that must have been a typo. :help:

But sure, 30 also works. I'll go ahead and move you over. :-)

Thanks again!
PROJECTS
antonygirgis

Post by antonygirgis »

Hi there, could I claim chapters 20-23
Thanks
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

antonygirgis wrote: February 20th, 2019, 7:34 pm Hi there, could I claim chapters 20-23
Thanks
Wow! That would be tremendously helpful! Thank you!
PROJECTS
onhyattus

Post by onhyattus »

Hi.

Finally managed to get a version done without immediately deleting it. Just getting used to the software on my phone.

I have noticed a few mistakes however, but just wanted to get this at least out, before attempting amendments, as I keep deleting my recording :shock:

https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/prisonmemoirsanarchist_19_berkman_128kb.mp3

I have missed out an 'of' and a 'the' here and there, swapped two words around, and not left a 5 second gap the end.. and these are just the errors I've found! I'll get these cleared up now and repost.

Helena ( posting as onhyattus)