[COMPLETE] The Lost Continent by CJ Cutcliffe Hyne - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
My current Solo project A Spoiler of Men by Richard Marsh
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Chapter 4 is PL OK, however, if you wish, there's a bit that's a bit louder than the rest; I think you started recording fresh there(?) and it's a noticeable difference. Approximately from 20:53-22:00. It could probably do with a slight deamplification of 1 or 2 dB. But it's not a problem as it is, it's not a massive difference, so it's up to you. Just thought I'd mention it!
I'm putting it as "See PL notes" but if you don't feel that it needs changing, just put it as PL OK ;)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: February 13th, 2019, 9:15 am Chapter 4 is PL OK, however, if you wish, there's a bit that's a bit louder than the rest; I think you started recording fresh there(?) and it's a noticeable difference. Approximately from 20:53-22:00. It could probably do with a slight deamplification of 1 or 2 dB. But it's not a problem as it is, it's not a massive difference, so it's up to you. Just thought I'd mention it!
I'm putting it as "See PL notes" but if you don't feel that it needs changing, just put it as PL OK ;)
I will check that, and probably adjust it. I used to use leveler, in Audacity, but it seemed to bring up background noise, so I stopped. It will probably be tomorrow before I do any LV work. Tonight is Valentine's Day after all!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
One role needed to complete the Dramatic Reading of The Leader by Murray Leinster, help us finish this project!
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: February 13th, 2019, 9:15 am Chapter 4 is PL OK, however, if you wish, there's a bit that's a bit louder than the rest; I think you started recording fresh there(?) and it's a noticeable difference. Approximately from 20:53-22:00. It could probably do with a slight deamplification of 1 or 2 dB. But it's not a problem as it is, it's not a massive difference, so it's up to you. Just thought I'd mention it!
I have adjusted the volume on that section. there is still a bit of tonality difference, but I don't think I can do anything about that.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Foon

Post by Foon »

Oooh nice progress! I need to get my act together! Sorry that I'm a bit slow, I'm just busier than I expected. Will do my best to catch up!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Chapters 4 & 5 are PL OK :thumbs:

Readers needed:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: February 19th, 2019, 1:41 am Oooh nice progress! I need to get my act together! Sorry that I'm a bit slow, I'm just busier than I expected. Will do my best to catch up!
NOt a problem. Wy wife worked over the weekend, so I took advantage and got a lot of recording done!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Foon

Post by Foon »

PL notes section 6:
3:11 I hear “and a whimpering contempt” where the text reads “simpering contempt”
17:20 longish pause
19:22 I hear “She clapped her eye to the great door” where the text reads “She clapped her back to the great stone door”

I mainly think the last one could use fixing, since I got rather confused for a moment by her position in this scene. The other two are more optional in my opinion, but figured I'd mention them if you're going to do editing anyways. :)

Fun fact: cats can either roar, OR purr, but not both! Even though the tigers seem to be doing both ;)

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Chapter 7 is PL OK :thumbs:

Readers needed:
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: February 20th, 2019, 11:59 am PL notes section 6:
3:11 I hear “and a whimpering contempt” where the text reads “simpering contempt”
19:22 I hear “She clapped her eye to the great door” where the text reads “She clapped her back to the great stone door”

I mainly think the last one could use fixing, since I got rather confused for a moment by her position in this scene. The other two are more optional in my opinion, but figured I'd mention them if you're going to do editing anyways. :)

Fun fact: cats can either roar, OR purr, but not both! Even though the tigers seem to be doing both ;)
I will get those fixed on the weekend.

I think that these cats must be the evolutionary link between cats that purr and cats that roar!
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page
Boomcoach

Post by Boomcoach »

Foon wrote: February 20th, 2019, 11:59 am PL notes section 6:

I have uploaded a corrected file. Duration has not changed.
Boomcoach
My Catalog Page