[COMPLETE][Portuguese]Contos Phantasticos - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

rachelmoraes wrote: February 10th, 2019, 11:12 am Hi Kitty, Hi Pier

Pier, I saw your remarks on section 8. Do you think you could have a look (a listen, actually :wink: ) at the re-recording I uploaded just now? Sorry, but I would prefer it to be right. This is an old text, in written Portuguese, from the 19th century. And my reading was in the way we speak it nowadays. When one is reading aloud, the rhythm gets hold and it is very easy to say in the way one says it currently. Sorry for bothering you with this trifling error, but I would rather do it in the correct way.

It is now 14:47
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_08_braga_128kb.mp3

Thank you very much. :)

Rachel 8-)
Dear Rachel, I think you did misunderstand me in some way. In my previous post I said that your reading of section 8 was beautiful, giving a really good life to Braga’s text.
There was no need at all to re-record it.
My two smalls observations were finalized just to point out that in two small points you didn’t exactly follow the text, but I said that this two small changes were not affecting at all the listener’s comprehension and enjoyment of the text, and therefore didn’t need any revision at all.

I pointed out these points to you just for your information, leaving in my intention full freedom to you, in future lectures trying or not to be as far as possible adherent to the original text.
This said your new uploaded file is perfect and very good, as the previous one.

My final comment is that in my opinion it is better to try to be as adherent as possible to an original text, at least for historical reasons, but I believe that this point is not considered so important by LV standards as far as the lecture is easy to understand and not modifying the original meaning of the text. So, in the future I will not make unnecessary remarks as the two I made on the first recording of section 8, if you prefer so.

Of course, I would like to see the comments on this matter by Sonia, who has certainly much more experience than me on LV general guidelines on these matters.
With friendship and much admiration for your good work on LV,
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: February 10th, 2019, 1:16 pmOf course, I would like to see the comments on this matter by Sonia, who has certainly much more experience than me on LV general guidelines on these matters.
Rachel, I wanted to ask whether you really re-recorded the WHOLE section ? Because Pier only pointed out a few small things that were not word-perfect and if they don't change the meaning at all, then you can correct them if you wish, but you don't have to.

But in any case, to save us all time, it's not recommended to re-record it all again, just because of one or two small errors. It's much better for all involved to just re-record that one sentence that was wrong. Especially with long texts, you have to re-record and Pier has to re-listen to it all. And the chances are high that you may have done another error in another part of the chapter. :?

I see that you corrected other sections, so maybe we have misunderstood you here. Did you re-record it all, or only correct those two sentences ? It's always best to mention what exactly you corrected, so we can do a spot PL. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
rachelmoraes

Post by rachelmoraes »

Hi Kitty, hi Pier.

Kitty, I didn't re-recorded all the text, not even all the sentence. I re-recorded just the two spots appointed. Nothing else. Otherwise it would be too much work for me, for you and for Pier, and it wouldn't be worthwhile in this case.

Pier, I didn't misundestood you. I agree with you and thought it would be better to correct those two points. For, as I said, it was a mistake one makes when recording, speaking loud any text. The tendency is to record in the way one speaks (at least, when you get so excited with the text, as a get). And for myself I wouldn't notice the mistake, for the text is on my mind and I wouldn't hear it anyway. Spoken Portuguese invertes the pronoums, considering the written Portuguese, as you know. And so I did. I know it doesn't interfere in the listener’s comprehension of the text. But probably I was too perfeccionist. If it happens that you PL another of my recordings, please, I would like you to do just as you did. And I thank you for doing so. As you said, "it is better to try to be as adherent as possible to an original text, at least for historical reasons,". I agree, completely with you. :)

Rachel 8-)
Quer narrar uma obra EM PORTUGUÊS? Que tal Horto, de Auta de Souza? ou O Guarani, de José de Alencar? :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

rachelmoraes wrote: February 11th, 2019, 9:43 amKitty, I didn't re-recorded all the text, not even all the sentence. I re-recorded just the two spots appointed. Nothing else.
ah that's a relief. :D Yes, maybe both Pier and me misunderstood your note then. It sounded as if you re-recorded it all.

Well, no harm done, the section is PL ok now. And I hope we'll collaborate on many more projects in the future :9:

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

rachelmoraes wrote: February 11th, 2019, 9:43 am Hi Kitty, hi Pier.

Kitty, I didn't re-recorded all the text, not even all the sentence. I re-recorded just the two spots appointed. Nothing else. Otherwise it would be too much work for me, for you and for Pier, and it wouldn't be worthwhile in this case.

Pier, I didn't misundestood you. I agree with you and thought it would be better to correct those two points. For, as I said, it was a mistake one makes when recording, speaking loud any text. The tendency is to record in the way one speaks (at least, when you get so excited with the text, as a get). And for myself I wouldn't notice the mistake, for the text is on my mind and I wouldn't hear it anyway. Spoken Portuguese invertes the pronoums, considering the written Portuguese, as you know. And so I did. I know it doesn't interfere in the listener’s comprehension of the text. But probably I was too perfeccionist. If it happens that you PL another of my recordings, please, I would like you to do just as you did. And I thank you for doing so. As you said, "it is better to try to be as adherent as possible to an original text, at least for historical reasons,". I agree, completely with you. :)

Rachel 8-)
Thanks Rachel for clarifying.
So, in your future lectures, I will point again, in addition to possible points to be revised anyway (probably none, considering how well you usually read :D ), any small discrepancies with the text I may found; but I shall leave to you to decide if these small discrepancies are worth or not correcting, depending from how the full sentence sounds better, and you can certainly judge it better than me (not being myself of Portuguese mother language.) Pier
JorgeLSNunes

Post by JorgeLSNunes »

Olá!
Tudo bem!?

Posso ler a seção 14 - Aquela máscara?

Um abraço.

Jorge Nunes
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

JorgeLSNunes wrote: February 13th, 2019, 2:38 pmPosso ler a seção 14 - Aquela máscara?
Ola Jorge ! :D Happy that you want to take another section.

Section 14 is reserved for you :thumbs:

And that makes us fully claimed, I move the project over to the Readers Found Forum !

Sonia
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2019, 12:17 am
JorgeLSNunes wrote: February 13th, 2019, 2:38 pmPosso ler a seção 14 - Aquela máscara?
Ola Jorge ! :D Happy that you want to take another section.

Section 14 is reserved for you :thumbs:

And that makes us fully claimed, I move the project over to the Readers Found Forum !

Sonia
Todas as secções totalmente reivindicadas! :shock: Que emoção, a coisa foi rápida! :D
Vou escutar com muito prazer as últimas secções logo que serão enviadas. :)
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Kitty wrote: February 14th, 2019, 12:17 am

Sonia
Todas as secções totalmente reivindicadas! :shock: Que emoção, a coisa foi rápida! :D
Vou escutar com muito prazer as últimas secções logo que serão enviadas. :)
Pier
JorgeLSNunes

Post by JorgeLSNunes »

Olá!

Segue prova da seção 14 de Contos Fantásticos, para apreciação.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_14__braga_128kb.mp3
tempo: 33 min, 48 seg

Fico no aguardo das considerações.

Abraço.

Jorge
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

JorgeLSNunes wrote: February 18th, 2019, 1:10 pm Olá!

Segue prova da seção 14 de Contos Fantásticos, para apreciação.

Link: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_14__braga_128kb.mp3
tempo: 33 min, 48 seg

Fico no aguardo das considerações.

Abraço.

Jorge
Olá Jorge, obrigado! Só, eu estarei de viajem amanhã e o dia depois. Vou escutar com prazer a tua secção logo que voltar.
Um abraço.
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Jorge, I have put the link in the Magic Window. Pier will PL it as soon as he as time.

Only one caution for the file name: you have a long __ after the number 14, it should only be a short _ . I corrected the file name now, so nothing to change for you. Just wanted to tell you for next time ;)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: November 18th, 2018, 2:40 am Hi,
Can I claim sections 18 and 3?
Mayah, I can give you a final extension of two more weeks. Deadline the 4th of March. If I haven't heard back from you by then, I will orphan both sections, so that the project can progress further. I hope you understand. If you cannot find to do them right now, please let me know as soon as possible. That way others can have a chance at them.

thank you

Sonia
Mayah92

Post by Mayah92 »

Hi,

Here is section 03 A estrela d'alva: time 20min 15secs

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/contosphantasticos_03_braga_128kb.mp3

Bye
Let's give Peace a chance. :wink:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Mayah92 wrote: February 22nd, 2019, 12:40 am Here is section 03 A estrela d'alva: time 20min 15secs
wonderful, Mayah, I'm so happy that you found the file back :9: I'll update the MW and Pier will have a listen as soon as he's back from his trip.

thank you

Sonia