[Complete] Stories by Foreign Authors - German Authors Vol. 1 - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17747
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » December 14th, 2018, 4:33 am

Section 10 PL OK

afutterer
Posts: 3773
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » January 23rd, 2019, 7:04 am

I can listen if you like.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17747
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » January 23rd, 2019, 7:31 am

Thanks... it's a slow-moving project.

afutterer
Posts: 3773
Joined: February 23rd, 2016, 3:04 pm
Location: Wisconsin

Post by afutterer » January 23rd, 2019, 9:30 am

That is fine. I don't mind waiting to listen. I have one project I have been working on since I started...as a matter of fact it may have been the very first project I offered to PL. ha
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus

williamjones
Posts: 854
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 13th, 2019, 1:17 pm

I would very much like to be assigned sections 2 and 3.
The Philosopher's Pendulum by Lindau.

Please indicate where you intend to separate parts 1 and 2.
Bill Jones, Fabled of Story and Song, CC
This year thousands of men will die from stubbornness.
{NO WE WON'T !!}

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17747
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm

williamjones wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 1:17 pm
I would very much like to be assigned sections 2 and 3.
The Philosopher's Pendulum by Lindau.

Please indicate where you intend to separate parts 1 and 2.
Thanks for claiming.
Parts 1 and 2 are marked in the text. However, since there is such a discrepancy in the lengths of the sections, if you wanted to break in some other place (and have Part 1 continued at the start of section 3), I would be open to that. Just mention in the thread what you are doing, so as not to confuse Anthony.

williamjones
Posts: 854
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 13th, 2019, 3:46 pm

Lynnet wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 1:27 pm
williamjones wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 1:17 pm
I would very much like to be assigned sections 2 and 3.
The Philosopher's Pendulum by Lindau.

Please indicate where you intend to separate parts 1 and 2.
Thanks for claiming.
Parts 1 and 2 are marked in the text. However, since there is such a discrepancy in the lengths of the sections, if you wanted to break in some other place (and have Part 1 continued at the start of section 3), I would be open to that. Just mention in the thread what you are doing, so as not to confuse Anthony.
As my grandchildren would say: DUH! I didn't notice the Roman number "I" at the start, so I did a text search for "Part" and found nothing that looked like separation of parts. Got it now, and I'll be doing my reading tonight and tomorrow, then my two personal-PLs during the weekend before uploading. I'll record the two sections as specified.
Bill Jones, Fabled of Story and Song, CC
This year thousands of men will die from stubbornness.
{NO WE WON'T !!}

williamjones
Posts: 854
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm

Uploaded sections 2 and 3 of The Philosopher's Pendulum

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_02_various_128kb.mp3 57:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_03_various_128kb.mp3 20:15

Nota bene: while transferring the final files between my LV computer and my work computer a superfluous ".mp3" was appended to each of these file names. I canceled the upload, corrected the filenames, then uploaded them as show above.

If there are any scholars of German literature in this group, please make yourself known: I have a question prompted by a recent reading of Hesse's Demian and this short story by Lindau. Thank you in advance.
Bill Jones, Fabled of Story and Song, CC
This year thousands of men will die from stubbornness.
{NO WE WON'T !!}

peterjana
Posts: 9
Joined: February 14th, 2019, 2:35 am
Location: Grosbliederstroff, France

Post by peterjana » February 17th, 2019, 2:19 am

Could I reserve section 4 please?

Thanks,

Peter

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17747
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 17th, 2019, 7:40 am

williamjones wrote:
February 16th, 2019, 7:39 pm
Uploaded sections 2 and 3 of The Philosopher's Pendulum

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_02_various_128kb.mp3 57:12
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_03_various_128kb.mp3 20:15

Nota bene: while transferring the final files between my LV computer and my work computer a superfluous ".mp3" was appended to each of these file names. I canceled the upload, corrected the filenames, then uploaded them as show above.

If there are any scholars of German literature in this group, please make yourself known: I have a question prompted by a recent reading of Hesse's Demian and this short story by Lindau. Thank you in advance.
Thank you.
The extra .mp3 crops up fairly frequently. I'm not sure what it signifies (as I can use a computer, but don't 'get' them :lol: ) but it's not that big a deal at this point... I can delete them before cataloguing and they don't affect PL... but thanks anyway.

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17747
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 17th, 2019, 7:42 am

peterjana wrote:
February 17th, 2019, 2:19 am
Could I reserve section 4 please?

Thanks,

Peter
Absolutely!
It looks like this is your first recording, so I have added you to the catalog under your forum name. That can easily be changed if you'd prefer your real name or a pseudonym. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your personal catalog page.
Please be sure to read the first post and ask if you have questions.

peterjana
Posts: 9
Joined: February 14th, 2019, 2:35 am
Location: Grosbliederstroff, France

Post by peterjana » February 18th, 2019, 11:35 am

Here it is:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/germanauthorsvol1_04_various_128kb.mp3

I hope I have done everything right. Any constructive criticism welcome!

peterjana
Posts: 9
Joined: February 14th, 2019, 2:35 am
Location: Grosbliederstroff, France

Post by peterjana » February 18th, 2019, 11:39 am

Sorry I forgot to mention it is 28:45 long.
And yes, please could you put my real name in the catalogue: Peter Tuck

Thanks!

Peter

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17747
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: In the desert

Post by Lynnet » February 18th, 2019, 12:59 pm

peterjana wrote:
February 18th, 2019, 11:39 am
Sorry I forgot to mention it is 28:45 long.
And yes, please could you put my real name in the catalogue: Peter Tuck

Thanks!

Peter
Will do and thank you... congratulations on your first submission! Anthony will proof listen and give you feedback.

williamjones
Posts: 854
Joined: April 26th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Post by williamjones » February 20th, 2019, 5:22 pm

I would very much appreciate being assigned Section 6 - Egyptian Fire-Eater.
Bill Jones, Fabled of Story and Song, CC
This year thousands of men will die from stubbornness.
{NO WE WON'T !!}

Post Reply