[COMPLETE] Journal of Francis Asbury, Vol. I - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

I would like to claim section 49.
This is my first recording and not sure which is the most used method of listing myself? gtlldavis or Greg Davis?
I'm also new at using this type forum, so if you get more than one message, forgive me.
Thank you in advance for your patience!
Greg
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Welcome! I'd love to have you on this project! :D

It's up to you how you choose to be listed. Many people do use their real name (I am one of them), but it's also perfectly normal to just stick with a user name or pseudonym. Some people use only their first name. I'm not sure I could tell you which is most common, but all are fine. If you do plan on including a credit, like "Read by Greg Davis," for example, in your recordings, then that's probably also how you'd want to be listed in the catalogue. That way, listeners who like your recordings will be able to find more of them easily. :wink:

Edit: Also, let me know if you have a website or blog you'd like linked to your catalogue page.
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Lets go with Greg Davis.
I'm 70 and proficient with the internet but not a wiz kid, my webpage isn't finished yet but in the works.
thanks
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, you're in! Here is your personal reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/13102 Here you can see everything you're signed up for, both in progress as well as, some day, everything you've completed. Let me know if any other questions arise. :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 36 is PL ok. Thanks, Brian!
northstar95

Post by northstar95 »

Section 37 for PL: (26:49)
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_37_asbury_128kb.mp3
And could you assign me 38, 39, 40; thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You got it! Thanks so much!
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/journaloffrancisasbury1_49_asbury_128kb.mp3
Hope this is OK, it passed with CHECKER, if it is would like to do section 50
thanks
gtlldavis
Greg Davis
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Great! I can assign that to you shortly, when I get home. I'll also try to PL this tonight or tomorrow. What is the run time, please?
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

I'm sorry I forgot to include that. 24m 8.25s
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Greg. The MW is updated, and I did assign section 50 to you. You're welcome to begin on it whenever you're ready, but if you'd like to wait until you receive feedback on your first one, I understand. I hope to have some feedback for you by this evening.
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

Thanks, Ill wait to hear from you.
gtlldavis

Post by gtlldavis »

I started reading section 50 and I found a few places where instead of a name he had ______, no letters or abbreviations. How do you want them read? Maybe the word (blank)?
Looks like things are shaping up!
Greg
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

gtlldavis wrote: February 14th, 2019, 8:13 pm I started reading section 50 and I found a few places where instead of a name he had ______, no letters or abbreviations. How do you want them read? Maybe the word (blank)?
Looks like things are shaping up!
Greg
Yes, just say "blank." In other places, and you may have already seen those, he may say something like Mr. G_____ or Mr. T____y. Those you would just read as "Mr. G" or "Mr. T Y," respectively.

I just finished listening to section 37, and am about to start yours. But I got distracted by a reference in section 37 that Rev. Asbury made to a book he'd been reading. Look! Isn't it interesting??? https://archive.org/details/cu31924028008765 :lol:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Oh, on that note, section 37 is PL ok. :wink: