COMPLETE[PLAY]A Little Bit of Fluff by Walter W. Ellis - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you both.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Stickson Triplett, er, no, I mean Nixon Trippett, is perfectly PL ok!

Nice job. He has just that air of polish and mix of friendliness and business manner that is needed. It's a shame he doesn't appear again!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chalmers is also PL ok. I wish there'd been a bit more of her, too. I have a feeling Chalmers could tell you many a tale, if she would. But then, I'm sure that's what Mrs. Ayers is afraid of! :lol: Nicely done!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I enjoyed listening to your Act 1 lines, Tomas! I especially liked your "ow, I'm suffering so much, Mr. Trippett, can't you see that??" voice. :lol: Very well done, and almost perfect.

[*]3:45 Missed line: (At back, whispering into telephone.) "Give me Regent 346, Regent 346——"
[*]15:59 "No, no, this is a bedroom." Stage directions on this line don't specifically say "spoken off," but John's lines immediately before and after this one are both spoken off, and there's no entering or exiting here. I think this scene would sound better if you record it with the "off" effect you've been using (which sounds quite nice, by the way! :D)
[*]20:47 Question for Todd: Stage directions during one of John's speeches: "Absent-mindedly taking TULLY’S hand in mistake for MAMIE’S and places it by his face. Realizing his mistake he throws it away calling him a “silly ass” and then taking MAMIE’S hand." Do you want the "silly ass" spoken by John, or left in the stage directions?
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: February 14th, 2019, 7:42 pm [*]20:47 Question for Todd: Stage directions during one of John's speeches: "Absent-mindedly taking TULLY’S hand in mistake for MAMIE’S and places it by his face. Realizing his mistake he throws it away calling him a “silly ass” and then taking MAMIE’S hand." Do you want the "silly ass" spoken by John, or left in the stage directions?
I'd leave the words for the stage directions as written by the author. Not important enough words for the author to make them a character line - more part of the scenery....

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks for the PL, Devorah! The amended file is now ready for spot PL. Only made the first two fixes and followed Todd's decision for the third.
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

And here is John in Act 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/littlebitoffluff_john_2_128kb.mp3

From all the chaos and disguises in this one, I can see why it was so popular. :lol:
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

And, finally, John in Act 3.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/littlebitoffluff_john_3_128kb.mp3

Had a very fun time with this one. Can't wait to hear it all assembled. :9:
Tomas Peter
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks Tomas! Excellent work. I especially loved the snipping sounds you included during the mustache business. Beautiful touch! John Ayers is PL ok. :thumbs:
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

Can I request an extension?
Aleacia Messiah
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

TroubleATM wrote: February 25th, 2019, 8:10 am Can I request an extension?
Yes. Howsabout middle of March on your various recordings?

Thanks, Todd
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

ToddHW wrote: February 25th, 2019, 8:30 am
TroubleATM wrote: February 25th, 2019, 8:10 am Can I request an extension?
Yes. Howsabout middle of March on your various recordings?

Thanks, Todd
Perfect! I know I will have more time after March 8th, and I will definitely get them done during Spring Break.
Aleacia Messiah
benderca

Post by benderca »

May I have a little extension for Mamie Scott (since I switched from a little part to a big part). I've almost finished editing Act 1 and I've finished recording Act 2. Act 3 should take long to record as I'm not trying to do any fancy accent.

Thanks!
TJ