NVM

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ej400 wrote: February 13th, 2019, 4:18 pm I was thinking about reading and PLing less, and start welcoming and listening to 1 minute tests instead. After I get some of my other things done that is, but I have really considered doing this instead.
I'm not sure that this is something that you need to do instead of reading and listening. If you can even manage one or two a day, or every other day, that would be a big help. In my experience, it takes maybe 10 minutes max to check and respond to one test, and that's only if there are several issues with it. I've been trying to grab a handful of them whenever I have some down time in front of my computer.
tovarisch

Post by tovarisch »

I read once (about losing weight) that if you really want to do it (and ready to do it), you shouldn't go around telling everybody that you're doing it, even less that you're going to do it or that you're about to start doing it. Just follow the chosen regimen, diet, whatever. People will notice when there is something to notice, and you can talk about it when they ask you. <hint-hint>
tovarisch
  • reality prompts me to scale down my reading, sorry to say
    to PLers: do correct my pronunciation please
ej400

Post by ej400 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 13th, 2019, 5:11 pm I'm not sure that this is something that you need to do instead of reading and listening. If you can even manage one or two a day, or every other day, that would be a big help. In my experience, it takes maybe 10 minutes max to check and respond to one test, and that's only if there are several issues with it. I've been trying to grab a handful of them whenever I have some down time in front of my computer.
That is true, so maybe not entirely stopping reading and listening, but do a little less in order to find time for welcoming and listening to 1 minute tests :thumbs:
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

ej400 wrote: February 13th, 2019, 4:18 pm I was thinking about reading and PLing less, and start welcoming and listening to 1 minute tests instead. After I get some of my other things done that is, but I have really considered doing this instead.
That's wonderful news. Maybe not stop reading, that would be a pity, but taking one or two and address them. I just saw a couple of tests in the new posts and know that I can't do them properly until maybe in the late evening, so I am happy about everybody who helps out :)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Personally, I've never felt technically qualified to approve 1 min tests, or to talk newbies through troubleshooting their recording. The one time I tried to explain to someone about amplification I was told I didn't make any sense, so it's all for the best I think. It's not the listening to the tests that's hard, I don't think, it's explaining to someone new how to fix their test so that it passes.

I'll stick to what I know I can do and let the tech-y people do the 1 min tests.