COMPLETE [Group] History of Egypt-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Over to Readers Found now.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Yes, thanks very much! If there are any orphans after this I'll read them myself. I've just realised I haven't read anything for this project yet! Usually I read the first chapter of my own projects, but I think this one it was pre-claimed before I got the MW up and running! Nice to know people are keen! :9:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi there!

Here is my 1st recording -

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/historyofegypt_06_wendel_128kb.mp3 - 58:22

Elizabby - you mentioned that you wanted to record sections if there were orphans - I am a bit behind on another project so I can give up my other 2 recordings to you if you want. I am having problems reading from this text - it bothers my astigmatism.

Let me know!

Lynda

EDIT - OOPS - that should say 3 readings not 2...
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Hey team! Here is section 5 (chapter 4):
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/historyofegypt_05_wendel_128kb.mp3
The run time is 19:41.

What a fun text! Let me know if there's anything that needs fixing, or if my attempts at pronouncing Semitic names were overly imaginative or anything.

~~Owen
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Lmnei wrote: March 7th, 2019, 10:51 am Hi there!

Elizabby - you mentioned that you wanted to record sections if there were orphans - I am a bit behind on another project so I can give up my other 2 recordings to you if you want. I am having problems reading from this text - it bothers my astigmatism.

Let me know!

Lynda

EDIT - OOPS - that should say 3 readings not 2...
No, I don't want more sections, my voice is in terrible condition at the moment having a recent cold, but if the text is too difficult and you want to give up your sections I can orphan them in the usual way.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

As part of the March clean up month, Section 4 is orphaned.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

OwenCook wrote: March 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm Hey team! Here is section 5 (chapter 4):
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/historyofegypt_05_wendel_128kb.mp3
The run time is 19:41.

What a fun text! Let me know if there's anything that needs fixing, or if my attempts at pronouncing Semitic names were overly imaginative or anything.

~~Owen
Hi, Owen!
Section 5 is PL OK! :clap: I think you did really well with the names! Not that I know how they should sound, but they sounded good to me! They even sounded like you knew how they should sound, which is even better. :lol: Good job!
Kristine
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Lmnei wrote: March 7th, 2019, 10:51 am Hi there!

Hi, Lynda!
PL notes for chapter 5 (section 6):
Slight stumbles at 07:32 and 07:47
20:43 - repeat "on these shores"
29:45 - repeat "to quell"
Stumble at 30:14
42:58 - repeat "where-was"
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Kikisaulite wrote: March 10th, 2019, 12:24 pm Hi, Owen!
Section 5 is PL OK! :clap: I think you did really well with the names! Not that I know how they should sound, but they sounded good to me! They even sounded like you knew how they should sound, which is even better. :lol: Good job!
Kristine
Brilliant! Thanks so much. :9: Fake it till you make it, right? :wink:

By the way, if it turns out that section 9 (Aethiopians and Assyrians) gets orphaned, I'd be willing to take that as well, but only if it's all right that I won't be able to get started on it for three weeks (going on a long awaited vacation!).

All the best,
~~Owen
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OwenCook wrote: March 10th, 2019, 3:57 pm By the way, if it turns out that section 9 (Aethiopians and Assyrians) gets orphaned, I'd be willing to take that as well, but only if it's all right that I won't be able to get started on it for three weeks (going on a long awaited vacation!).
Section 4 is currently orphaned, did you mean that one?
OwenCook

Post by OwenCook »

Elizabby wrote: March 10th, 2019, 6:59 pm
OwenCook wrote: March 10th, 2019, 3:57 pm By the way, if it turns out that section 9 (Aethiopians and Assyrians) gets orphaned, I'd be willing to take that as well, but only if it's all right that I won't be able to get started on it for three weeks (going on a long awaited vacation!).
I thought you and Linda were talking above about possibly orphaning sections 8-10... But I guess I could do section 4 instead, if that's more agreeable to everyone.

~~Owen
DJRickyV

Post by DJRickyV »

“Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few are to be chewed and digested.” - Francis Bacon
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

OwenCook wrote: March 10th, 2019, 8:29 pm
Elizabby wrote: March 10th, 2019, 6:59 pm
I thought you and Linda were talking above about possibly orphaning sections 8-10... But I guess I could do section 4 instead, if that's more agreeable to everyone.
Section 4 is the only one currently available, so I'll put you down for that one.
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Section 03 is PL OK! :clap:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Kristine -

Thanks for PL - that was a LONG recording!

Here it is back for Spot PL - https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/historyofegypt_06_wendel_128kb.mp3 - 58:16

Lynda