Experiment: Collaborative Letter-Story Game

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I've decided (if I get my letter finished tonight!) that Jane IS the daughter of Aunt Laura (her next letter will give Rebecca a telling off for the "slap" remark). Aunt Laura has to be the older sister of Mrs Armstrong (do we know her first name?) because this explains why Jane is not a daughter of the house, yet has to be accommodated, AND why she is both "difficult" and not a suitable person for Aunt Laura to scheme with! (This was the hard part - why would Aunt Laura be plotting with Rebecca if her own daughter were staying in the house?)

All will be revealed in my next two letters... :mrgreen:

I'm writing one from Aunt Laura to Rebecca with advice, and one from Jane to her mother complaining about Rebecca and Timothy and generally being "difficult" to everyone! ;)
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Elizabby wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:38 pm I've decided (if I get my letter finished tonight!) that Jane IS the daughter of Aunt Laura (her next letter will give Rebecca a telling off for the "slap" remark). Aunt Laura has to be the older sister of Mrs Armstrong (do we know her first name?) because this explains why Jane is not a daughter of the house, yet has to be accommodated, AND why she is both "difficult" and not a suitable person for Aunt Laura to scheme with! (This was the hard part - why would Aunt Laura be plotting with Rebecca if her own daughter were staying in the house?)

All will be revealed in my next two letters... :mrgreen:

I'm writing one from Aunt Laura to Rebecca with advice, and one from Jane to her mother complaining about Rebecca and Timothy and generally being "difficult" to everyone! ;)
YES!!! This sounds so amazing! Yes, yes, yes....to quote Devorah, 'excellent, excellent'. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The only thing I am partially concerned with is that it is implied that Jane is younger (hence the 'wailing at the table' remark) so...is she so young that she cannot write, or is she older (6, 7, what age?)

I guess we will find out :)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I also supposed that Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong were married, but your Letter 4 made me reevaluate that. I supposed her husband wouldn't need to do anything underhand to inherit from her, so I considered other possibilities.

As to Jane, I was wondering whether she might not be an adult child with disabilities of some kind. But I'll wait to see what's coming.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: January 31st, 2019, 5:14 pm Yes, I also supposed that Mr. and Mrs. Armstrong were married, but your Letter 4 made me reevaluate that. I supposed her husband wouldn't need to do anything underhand to inherit from her, so I considered other possibilities.

As to Jane, I was wondering whether she might not be an adult child with disabilities of some kind. But I'll wait to see what's coming.
About Jane- that does make sense. But if she is complaining about Rebecca, Timothy, and others in a letter to her mother, what is implied is that she is 'difficult' in the pout-y, complain-y way of a younger child. The only problem with that is that Beth said she was not old enough to understand what was going on (which actually implies even more that she might be a child) yet if she is writing a complaining letter to her mother she must be old enough to write and clearly, definitively express herself (she couldn't do it through an adult, because who would want to write such a letter?)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Elizabby wrote: January 31st, 2019, 4:38 pm ... Mrs Armstrong (do we know her first name?) ...
I'm fairly certain her first name has never been mentioned in the letters. Let me check just a second...
Yeah, it's just 'Mrs Armstrong'. But if you want to write a letter from her elder sister it would probably be a good idea to make up a first name to address her as... :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

This story has lagged a bit, and I've personally been occupied with catching up on my long list of sections I've signed up to record. But I did go in just now and reverse the order of the letters, so that most recent letters are now at the top of the page.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 10th, 2019, 10:56 pm This story has lagged a bit, and I've personally been occupied with catching up on my long list of sections I've signed up to record. But I did go in just now and reverse the order of the letters, so that most recent letters are now at the top of the page.
Thanks, Devorah. The only reason I haven't written a letter is because I wrote the last one, but I'm definitely still very interested in the story! :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Yes, I've gotten pretty distracted myself in the last few weeks. I did have an interesting idea for the story yesterday. But I don't know if I'll have a chance to write for awhile. :?
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

mightyfelix wrote: February 11th, 2019, 4:19 pm Yes, I've gotten pretty distracted myself in the last few weeks. I did have an interesting idea for the story yesterday. But I don't know if I'll have a chance to write for awhile. :?
No worries, take your time! Excited to see how the story will eventually play out and resolve 8-)
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Letter 7 is up! Jane writes to her mother (Mrs Laura Coeur-de-Lyon) complaining about everyone and wanting to go home. Some reasons for this become evident, despite her terrible spelling!
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Yay!! Thanks, Beth! I saw you replying and I was like, "I'm gonna check for a letter!" :lol: How old is Jane?? Hm...a mystery... :thumbs:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

JayKitty76 wrote: February 13th, 2019, 3:39 pm Yay!! Thanks, Beth! I saw you replying and I was like, "I'm gonna check for a letter!" :lol: How old is Jane?? Hm...a mystery... :thumbs:
Do you think I should have been more specific? I might add another line about that... Oh no wait, I meant to mention it more specifically in Aunt Laura's letter to Rebecca. I just need someone else to post a letter in between!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've got one in mind. I'll get started on it.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I haven't actually written Aunt Laura's letter yet, I just know what I want her to say.

Also, I'm working all this weekend so I won't be writing it up anytime very soon either!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Well, in any case, there's letter 8 for your perusal. :wink: